Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to get Jed to 100 games. Caught up at lunch with my mate last week and asked him if Jed was playing. He said he was raring to go and actually wanted to be playing last week against Port. So no surprise he had a ripper of a game as I am sure he would have been pretty pissed not to have played last week. Definitely BOG for us.

As we were talking, I asked him about Jed's boys and how they go. His mum was a really good soccer player and obviously Jed's family have been involved in footy, so the sporting background was always a good start. He told me that in their age group, you can already see that they are a level above the other kids. He told me that the eldest son is very composed as a player but the young one is like a pitbull. He said the young one does not have any concern for his safety or his opponents. He doesn't care if you are twice as big as him, if the ball is in your area, he is going to win it. And he hates losing contests. He gets really angry when he does. This just had me thinking Glenn Archer vibes. In the end we wont know how they will turn out, but my word if the above is the case, I cant wait for Jed to hit 100 games for North as that at least puts us in the picture.

We need to get Jed to 100 games. Caught up at lunch with my mate last week and asked him if Jed was playing. He said he was raring to go and actually wanted to be playing last week against Port. So no surprise he had a ripper of a game as I am sure he would have been pretty pissed not to have played last week. Definitely BOG for us.

As we were talking, I asked him about Jed's boys and how they go. His mum was a really good soccer player and obviously Jed's family have been involved in footy, so the sporting background was always a good start. He told me that in their age group, you can already see that they are a level above the other kids. He told me that the eldest son is very composed as a player but the young one is like a pitbull. He said the young one does not have any concern for his safety or his opponents. He doesn't care if you are twice as big as him, if the ball is in your area, he is going to win it. And he hates losing contests. He gets really angry when he does. This just had me thinking Glenn Archer vibes. In the end we wont know how they will turn out, but my word if the above is the case, I cant wait for Jed to hit 100 games for North as that at least puts us in the picture.
Needs 30ish games and he is contracted for 2 seasons.

Hopefully that will work out.

He's sitting on 69 games for us (79 in total) atm. Let's say he plays every game for the rest of this season (20), that will take him to 89 (99) games. He'll play his 100th in round 1 next year and his 100th for North in round 11.

Last edited:

Should be in the leadership group instead of Turner.
Turner's effort is uncompromising. He deserves to be in the leadership group. He is a limited player with unwavering commitment to win the contest and we are rebuilding. He is the perfect example for younger, more talented players.

I mentioned elsewhere that its the sort of effort you'd love to see the young players like LDU, Powell and Phillips see and try to emulate.

I like Jed, have since he was a whipping boy. He's probably my favorite player at the club. But I can see the value in Turner as a member of the leadership group for his intense competitiveness. Its a great example for the younger, more talented players.

Turner's effort is uncompromising. He deserves to be in the leadership group. He is a limited player with unwavering commitment to win the contest and we are rebuilding. He is the perfect example for younger, more talented players.

I mentioned elsewhere that its the sort of effort you'd love to see the young players like LDU, Powell and Phillips see and try to emulate.

I like Jed, have since he was a whipping boy. He's probably my favorite player at the club. But I can see the value in Turner as a member of the leadership group for his intense competitiveness. Its a great example for the younger, more talented players.

He was our most polished forward last night.

if you ran out with 22 turners, dumonts and jeds, you might not win every game but sheesh the opposition would need to beat you every week.

I can reliably inform you that "seek" and "destroy" are refreshingly "old school" type kids, probably because they spend their spare time wrestling crocodiles, taipans and giant barramundi in the top end rather than jiggling about on "TikTok".

1616917316229.png

1616917432847.png

He just gets better every year. By the time he retires, he'll be a legend of the club, possibly in contention for the next Shinboner of the century.

Looked physically way fitter too. Clearly wants to get the most of his time in footy.

I love the way he plays too, but your post is a mozz of epic proportions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can concur.
Was at a 2’s game in Coburg a few years back.
Jeds kids were kicking the footy and creating general mayhem. The gate to the ground was open. One kid just made a run thought the gate, nearly making it on the ground with play happening near the gate.
Someone was quick on their feet and scooped him up before he could make it on.... Lucky for those players on the field. Wouldn’t stand a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back