Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

His wife doesn't want to return to Melbourne.
I honestly hope that it peaks, the numbers drop and he comes down a bit later. Mum probably doesnt want the kids sick and isnt ready to get them jabbed so give him some more time until it simmers down.

That being said its a contract year for jed, and he needs some some good games under his belt this year to go around again. A new deal is not a fait accompli

I honestly hope that it peaks, the numbers drop and he comes down a bit later. Mum probably doesnt want the kids sick and isnt ready to get them jabbed so give him some more time until it simmers down.

That being said its a contract year for jed, and he needs some some good games under his belt this year to go around again. A new deal is not a fait accompli
There won't be any regions in Australia (or the world for that matter) where you can hide from this. Everyone will need some level of immunity, whether that be from the vaccine or getting the virus at some point. Most will get both. And really, in some ways it is better to get it in this mild version, than not, and risk getting it later in life.

I hope we don't get to the point where kids are forced to get the jab. They are arguably better off getting the mild Omicron

We are at that point aren't we?

Kids can't go to primary school without it, can they?

Parents have the next few weeks to get them vaccinated before school starts.

I don't think there's the same requirements in the NT right now, which reading between the lines, might be one of the main reasons why Jed is up there.

My kids aren't at primary school age yet, but can understand if that's the apprehension.

We are at that point aren't we?

Kids can't go to primary school without it, can they?

Parents have the next few weeks to get them vaccinated before school starts.
My youngest is 11yo. I haven't heard from the school that he has to get it. My older two kids are 16 and 17, and they have been vaccinated.

As unfortunate as it is, being vaccinated has become part of the requirements for Jed to be an AFL footballer.

I have no issue if he doesn’t want the second jab or his family don’t want to be in Melbourne, but he needs to make a call either way.

As a club we can’t afford to be holding a spot on the list and paying money to someone that isn’t committed to the requirements of being an AFL footballer.

I wish him all the best on whatever decision he makes, but he does need to make one and soon.

Junior HBs 5 and 8 wont be getting it. I'm happy to take one for the team but not them. Not yet. The kids i have seen with Covid like my mates kids who were still playing in their waterpark yesterday in the backyard are fine. We are definitely rushing the vaccine into kids.

If the reason is getting the kids vaxxed or maybe catching covid and his own reaction is another part of the reason then fair enough. I still think he will be back eventually. He is needed.
And if he doesn't come back then I'm sure they have thought long an bloody hard about what is being given up so good luck and all the best but does have to make the call sooner rather than later. I'm sure the club has it handled in that regard.

Junior HBs 5 and 8 wont be getting it. I'm happy to take one for the team but not them. Not yet. The kids i have seen with Covid like my mates kids who were still playing in their waterpark yesterday in the backyard are fine. We are definitely rushing the vaccine into kids.

If the reason is getting the kids vaxxed or maybe catching covid and his own reaction is another part of the reason then fair enough. I still think he will be back eventually. He is needed.
And if he doesn't come back then I'm sure they have thought long an bloody hard about what is being given up so good luck and all the best but does have to make the call sooner rather than later. I'm sure the club has it handled in that regard.

My friends 2 year old ended up in IVU

My friends 2 year old ended up in IVU
And that's the unpredictable nature of this thing. Delta is still around and not everyone seems to be affected in the same way regardless of which strain they catch.

There are still deaths being reported on in Australia daily. I am certain that if we were now dealing with a nasty cold and nothing more then this pandemic would have fizzled out. It hasn't.

I know this is a difficult and confusing subject but isn’t the point that IF your kids have it THEY PASS IT ON TO OTHER PEOPLE
so the idea is to……..
Dear God, 2 years in and we just keep going over the same old ground

I know this is a difficult and confusing subject but isn’t the point that IF your kids have it THEY PASS IT ON TO OTHER PEOPLE
so the idea is to……..

Yeh it is and i know why, But can they tell me if the vaccines wont affect my boys in some way in 10 years ?
They can also have a bad reaction the the vaccine too you know. I want to know more about them.
Doing it for others is great but i will protect my boys no matter what infront of anyone. Might be a difficult and confusing concept for you Captain Covid but that's the way it is in my house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching how we've shuffled off our other older guys over the next couple years I reckon Jed is gone at the end of 2022 regardless.

Watching how we've shuffled off our other older guys over the next couple years I reckon Jed is gone at the end of 2022 regardless.
If I recall correctly his contract extension at the end of last year was late to be announced, and the rumour was that he was holding out for a longer one but Rawlings didn't budge. I wouldn't say the writing is on the wall, but we HAVE stocked up on midfielders and Jed has had pervasive injury issues so it's not a stretch to say that before this current issue there was a degree of 'Watch This Space' about his longevity at the club.

Offers a hell of a lot on the field and when he's fit and firing, and it's not like he's actually old, but I'm of the opinion there will be quite the squeeze applied in regards to the midfield very soon. We simply have too many recent draftees whose tanks etc are improving for it not to be an issue sooner or later.

If I recall correctly his contract extension at the end of last year was late to be announced, and the rumour was that he was holding out for a longer one but Rawlings didn't budge. I wouldn't say the writing is on the wall, but we HAVE stocked up on midfielders and Jed has had pervasive injury issues so it's not a stretch to say that before this current issue there was a degree of 'Watch This Space' about his longevity at the club.

Offers a hell of a lot on the field and when he's fit and firing, and it's not like he's actually old, but I'm of the opinion there will be quite the squeeze applied in regards to the midfield very soon. We simply have too many recent draftees whose tanks etc are improving for it not to be an issue sooner or later.
That's the other factor, our patience for the injury prone has dropped off big-time: ask Jacobs, Garner, Tyson, Wood and Majak.

so the idea is to……..
Doesn't seem to need any help passing it on. Where are sitting at 40k plus infections a day in an almost fully vaccinated community.

It's not the unvaccinated's fault. It's just a b!tch of a virus.

Yeh it is and i know why, But can they tell me if the vaccines wont affect my boys in some way in 10 years ?
They can also have a bad reaction the the vaccine too you know. I want to know more about them.
Doing it for others is great but i will protect my boys no matter what infront of anyone. Might be a difficult and confusing concept for you Captain Covid but that's the way it is in my house.
Good man. There's got to be more respect for people making their own decision.

We got our 6 and 9 year olds vaxxed this week. There was much anxiety, but just did it in the end. The kids actually wanted it themselves as their friends are getting vaxxed and it definitely has made them feel safer.

Nothing for our 2 and 4 year old though who are waiting on test results after a case at the child care centre.

Fun times!

Good man. There's got to be more respect for people making their own decision.

We got our 6 and 9 year olds vaxxed this week. There was much anxiety, but just did it in the end. The kids actually wanted it themselves as their friends are getting vaxxed and it definitely has made them feel safer.

Nothing for our 2 and 4 year old though who are waiting on test results after a case at the child care centre.

Fun times!

My main take away from that is you must have your hands full with 4 under 9!!!!!

If that’s the case then he won’t be coming back any time soon. There’s only one possible victor from these type of “discussions”.

Yes well and the "victor" can on occasion realise hmmm, maybe my victory was hollow. Sometimes second place is often the win. Just sayin this happened to someone I know very well.

so the idea is to……..

He didn't mention anything about isolating etc.

Being vaxxed or unvaxxed has no effect on people passing it on as you are suggesting.

He didn't mention anything about isolating etc.

Being vaxxed or unvaxxed has no effect on people passing it on as you are suggesting.
mmmm
I find that confusing….
But isn’t the point that by being vaccinated you have a lot less chance of catching it…..so then if you don’t catch it well you won’t pass it on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back