Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

He might not have gotten a tonne of disposals, but his attack on the ball when it was in dispute and defensive pressure was absolutely first class and went a long way to us winning the game. I thought the Crouch brothers and Sloane were going to have a field day on us, but I have a feeling his work was a big reason that they didn't.

The opposition know they don'thave time or comfort when he's in the middle. That's how great he is (and how badly we need more pressure in there.)
Yep. Perceived pressure is a bitch like that. One fumble and you're getting nailed. Makes a fumble far more likely.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he was the sole reason our intensity and pressure was up today.

When he goes in as hard as he does, as often as he does, it inspires those around him to try and put in the same.

Thats why when you add Jacobs as well we are a completely different team

The pressure they both bring lifts everyone’s standard

19 disposals, 7 clearances, 13 contested posessions, 6 tackles. Absolute Battering Ram.

Without Jacobs in the side he is our barometer.

19 disposals - that is the first time in 11 games he has had under 20 disposals. Had over 20 the last 10 games, then 1 disposal cos he sat the game out with injury then 19 again.

One game under 20 in the previous 6. That's back to round 4 last year and it was his first ever 20+ possession game. He's averaged over 20 possessions a game ever since. (In fact if you his average possessions going backwards from yesterday he averages 20 for several games before he had his first ever 20+ possession game. That's how good he is!!! o_O:drunk: HE BENDS MATHEMATICS!!!)

Very consistent numbers for contested possessions and tackles too.

Like so many others i think he is the difference between us being a good side and a poor one. Maybe our most important player atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he was the sole reason our intensity and pressure was up today.

When he goes in as hard as he does, as often as he does, it inspires those around him to try and put in the same.

I think everyone came out like they'd had a bit of a rocket during the week or just were embarrassed at themselves. Even BBB was trying to smash people.

But Jed just keeps at it. At times when we might have dropped our heads like we did over the last 3 weeks he just kept cracking in. I think he was the reason we were able to maintain our intensity and pressure for the whole game. (CZ and Kanye helped too.) Probably would have won at least one of the last two losses with him in there as well and who knows what difference his hardness would have made to Freo's attack on the ball carrier in R1.

Jed is the most fanatical at the man/ball player since Archer. It was a thing of pure sexual beauty last night. Worth the price of admission watching him tackle front on like a fanatical beast instead of cowardly turnstyle attempts like all our whipping boys.

Jed is the most fanatical at the man/ball player since Archer. It was a thing of pure sexual beauty last night. Worth the price of admission watching him tackle front on like a fanatical beast instead of cowardly turnstyle attempts like all our whipping boys.

It's not just that, when the opposition have the ball in hands and he can't get to it, he instinctively attacks that players body...............HARD.

An open rib cage is like a red rag to a bull for this bloke. He WANTS to hurt them.

I really believe he has the capacity to work on his kicking and decision making and become an offensive weapon also. His release handballs are very good inside and he knows how to find the footy. If he can get a whole season at it, I wouldn’t be surprised if he kicks a fair few goals from stoppages.

I put yesterdays win down to anderson. The whole structure became more flexible than previous games. He is a beast with his tackling and having ben10 rotate forward and polec, higgins ahern and co. To help the contested ball in the middle. His foot skills will improve with match fitness. BoG for mine was anderson. 1% , the tackles, creating of perceived pressure brought his mates into the game.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The return of the Jedi was sublime! So good to see some real aggression back in the side.

Gives our midfield a hard edge we've sorely missed and his presence seemed to inspire his team mates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back