Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

That was then, now we have Hrovat, Simpkin.
But we don't have Wells, Harvey, Dal Santo, Drew or Spud. You've named 2 players, one of which is recovering from a broken leg and hasn't come near playing VFL let alone an AFL game.
Of the 3 best 22 midfielders named who were moved on, could you name another 4 that would come in to the team before Jed assuming he was fit?

Wasn't there talk last week that Braydon Preuss had ragdolled/murdered somebody in a tackle? I think someone may have said it was Jed at the time. I know because I'd been asking about his progress over the Summer. I wonder if this is when it happened....? I certainly wouldn't want to run into a Preuss.

Just went back and checked the post. It was only last Friday. Not Preuss but Jeffries. How prophetic are these words from Flawed Genius....

"I am not sure if he trained. It could have been him or EVW that Jeffries ran over in a tackle, but whoever it was put in an almighty effort to hang on all the way to the ground.

As far as I am concerned with Jed, no news is good news. No injuries to speak of, no setbacks, just a good unencumbered run at a full season. I'd be super pleased if we got 22 games out of him."

Yeah I would say it was Jed, if this is as reported. Not surprised the hit did some damage, you could've heard it in Flemington. I also feel as though I have now jinxed the poor bastard.

But we don't have Wells, Harvey, Dal Santo, Drew or Spud. You've named 2 players, one of which is recovering from a broken leg and hasn't come near playing VFL let alone an AFL game.
Of the 3 best 22 midfielders named who were moved on, could you name another 4 that would come in to the team before Jed assuming he was fit?

You serious?

A crocked Garner or a drunk Turner would've been a better option than Jed last season.

Was hoping he'd have a full preseason and improve markedly ...

You serious?

A crocked Garner or a drunk Turner would've been a better option than Jed last season.

Was hoping he'd have a full preseason and improve markedly ...
Why wouldn't I be serious?
And ahhh... That's 2 you've named - one of which was already in the team Round 1 last year.
Also, I'm not sure Turner can run in the midfield too in that half forward/mid role.
Not that Anderson was great in the midfield - he was pretty underdone.

Anderson and Wells shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence at this stage.

Wells was a proven gun before 23, including defensively with offensive impact.

Short memories for some.

Don't think it's their playing abilities being compared here, Saintly.

Wells has 200 plus games with B&Fs. Sure injuries also hurt along the way, but again, the comparison is ludicrous. Anderson finds it hard to kick a talented drop punt to advantage, let alone be the absolute gun Wells was at same age.

Last edited:
So just North Indigenous players instead. Classy....

Ps; Wells has 200 plus games with B&Fs. Sure injuries also hurt along the way, but again, the comparison is ludicrous. Anderson finds it hard to kick a talented drop punt to advantage, let alone be the absolute gun Wells was at same age.
You're taking this the wrong way. Koshari was joking that Ando takes Wellsy's place in the rehab group.

You're taking this the wrong way. Koshari was joking that Ando takes Wellsy's place in the rehab group.

Ok.....fair enough.

I still think it's a stupid comparison, and vastly undersells the fact at least Wells delivered elite talent when available.

correct, exactly where i was coming from, i figured Harps was to far to long ago to be relevant.

I still think it's a stupid comparison
was never intended to be a comparison, just an of the cuff remark bourne out of frustation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't I be serious?
And ahhh... That's 2 you've named - one of which was already in the team Round 1 last year.
Also, I'm not sure Turner can run in the midfield too in that half forward/mid role.
Not that Anderson was great in the midfield - he was pretty underdone.
Not siding on anyones argument here but Turner once he gets a decent amount of games under his belt could easily play in the midfield I think. Has footy smarts , enough mongrel and the skillset.

Last edited:
Not siding on anyones argument here but Turner once get gets a decent amount of games under his belt could easily play in the midfield I think. Has footy smarts , enough mongrel and the skillset.
Actually, I agree. I think he has the potential to play that role in future, like LT and Adams do/did at times.

However, at the moment, he probably doesn't have the experience and conditioning. But who knows how things might unfold in the preseason and throughout the year. He seems to have bulked up and matured after last year - and when he is in the middle, although he doesn't get it a lot - when he does, he's quite smart and effective.

But at this point in time, I think if both were fit, selectors would go for Anderson over Turner if they needed a half forward with mid field capability... But they're not. So whatever.

But at this point in time, I think if both were fit, selectors would go for Anderson over Turner if they needed a half forward with mid field capability... But they're not. So whatever.
I wouldnt be writing sugar off just yet. Determination goes a long way. It took the doggies all the way to the flag last year.

I
I wouldnt be writing sugar off just yet. Determination goes a long way. It took the doggies all the way to the flag last year.
If you read my post, you'd notice I didn't write Sugar off at all. In fact, I was pretty vocal in talking up his potential once he gets more experience and conditioning.

FWIW - I don't think Anderson is lacking in determination whatsoever. In fact, his toughness, determination and competitiveness are probably his biggest attributes. Given his lack of conditioning (hopefully that's the reason!), it's his decision making and composure that's been lacking.

Hence the fact i didnt acuse you of doing so. Just afirming my confidence in him succeeding.

The quoting was simply in relation to the comparison with jed in general.

I have nothing of substance to add to the thread at this point, I just want to send a positive vibe as I really would like Jed to flourish this year. He has the potential to be a damaging player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back