Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Ive said it before and I'll say ot again, play Jed as a tagger to build his tank and game sense. Has speed and toughness and could be our Michael Walters in a couple of years.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ive said it before and I'll say ot again, play Jed as a tagger to build his tank and game sense. Has speed and toughness and could be our Michael Walters in a couple of years.
He'll never be as good as Walters because he doesn't have the confidence. Walters is unstoppable because he knows that he can tear a game apart, Jed doesn't think he can do that at VFL level. It's all mental.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He'll never be as good as Walters because he doesn't have the confidence. Walters is unstoppable because he knows that he can tear a game apart, Jed doesn't think he can do that at VFL level. It's all mental.

The only differences I see are Walters' confidence as you say and much higher talent level. Other than that it's pretty even.

Aberration

Team Captain
Jun 24, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great to see that Jed made the Utah trek.

I wouldn't have thought he classifies as a 1st - 4th year player, which means he has likely made the choice himself to kickstart his preseason.

Shows that he is serious about making an impact next season.

Also, this quote from a 2016 article on Fox Sports:

I met Tasmania’s current High Performance Manager of Junior Pathways, Mathew Armstrong, not long ago for one of those flat whites. This is a man that knows every junior footballer in the country. His words “Jed Anderson is the most talented under 21 in the competition (coffee was a year ago), if he was at GWS he would be playing at an elite level right now. He’s better than Dayne Beams at the same age”.

Get him through a full preseason, keep him injury free and build his confidence. I still have hope that he could reach the heights that we envisioned when he got to North.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great to see that Jed made the Utah trek.

I wouldn't have thought he classifies as a 1st - 4th year player, which means he has likely made the choice himself to kickstart his preseason.

Shows that he is serious about making an impact next season.

Also, this quote from a 2016 article on Fox Sports:

I met Tasmania’s current High Performance Manager of Junior Pathways, Mathew Armstrong, not long ago for one of those flat whites. This is a man that knows every junior footballer in the country. His words “Jed Anderson is the most talented under 21 in the competition (coffee was a year ago), if he was at GWS he would be playing at an elite level right now. He’s better than Dayne Beams at the same age”.

Get him through a full preseason, keep him injury free and build his confidence. I still have hope that he could reach the heights that we envisioned when he got to North.

I was a huge advocate of picking him in his under 18 year. Was seriously convinced he was going to be a jet. He covered the ground well and really used his pace when he was in posession. He also consistently found the football through the midfield.

However, since crossing over from the hawks it seems as though he has no belief in his body whatsoever. He still goes hard, but when he has the footy he 2nd guesses himself and doesn't use his pace to his full ability.

The kid can play, but he needs to believe it more than anything. Once he starts to believe in his body and ability again then we might see some on field progress.

ansonholt

Premiership Player
May 12, 2009
All in Sunbury
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I watched him live in the first round of the VFL this year *after returning from injury* and he made a serious impact in that game, although the team lost that day. Was hard at it, clean and found it a fair bit. Tailed off in the 2nd half as expected with the lack of work due to said injury. Then had an injury interrupted season after that as we know.

Looked very much the goods in that game and at various stages after that but never got a clean run at it. His VFL game against Collungwood I also saw live and he was excellent in that too. Really looked like he was gathering confidence in himself. Then the season ended. He has good momentum from that point I think and it means something that he wasn't delisted when some others were.

Hopefully will have a *full* preseason this year and then see what happens. I think he'll really show something in 2018 if he can stay fit. Remember what happened with Taz and Garner re overcoming injury and getting a clean run at it. The jury is far from out on Jed as far as I'm concerned.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Getting sucked into believing that Jed will be a gun.....again.

Must be the off season.
Was thinking the same. With no change in inputs the mood is getting more and more bullish.

By the time round 1 rolls around there'll be a massive collective letdown if he gets a game and gets sub 30 possessions.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jed:

giphy (9).gif

Like majak i ain't giving up on you!

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
he's a role player, he's a c grader. He is like those student in class we are absolutely useless at learning so you get them to do tasks like handing out worksheets, collect homework, take an exited student, runner to the office. put them into role that they can handle. If we want anderson to me another one of the all-round midfielders then you are looking at the wrong person. but put him into a pressure small forward who's job is to chase, tackle and harass then he is more than talented enough to do this. perhaps anderson will even be specialized enough to carve out a niche for himself. A premiership team is built on having the best B graders. Once u have the best B graders then A graders will rise to the occasion, then will come naturally. Of course theres also the FA, once u have a good thing going A+ FA will come, human beings are very fickle. Josh Kelly is in the bag, mark this one down, when he is free agency ready, it's 1.5 for 5.

he's a role player, he's a c grader. He is like those student in class we are absolutely useless at learning so you get them to do tasks like handing out worksheets, collect homework, take an exited student, runner to the office. put them into role that they can handle. If we want anderson to me another one of the all-round midfielders then you are looking at the wrong person. but put him into a pressure small forward who's job is to chase, tackle and harass then he is more than talented enough to do this. perhaps anderson will even be specialized enough to carve out a niche for himself. A premiership team is built on having the best B graders. Once u have the best B graders then A graders will rise to the occasion, then will come naturally. Of course theres also the FA, once u have a good thing going A+ FA will come, human beings are very fickle. Josh Kelly is in the bag, mark this one down, when he is free agency ready, it's 1.5 for 5.
LOL. :stern look

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
he's a role player, he's a c grader. He is like those student in class we are absolutely useless at learning so you get them to do tasks like handing out worksheets, collect homework, take an exited student, runner to the office. put them into role that they can handle. If we want anderson to me another one of the all-round midfielders then you are looking at the wrong person. but put him into a pressure small forward who's job is to chase, tackle and harass then he is more than talented enough to do this. perhaps anderson will even be specialized enough to carve out a niche for himself. hgraders. Once u have the best B graders then A graders will rise to the occasion, then will come naturally. Of course theres also the FA, once u have a good thing going A+ FA will come, human beings are very fickle. Josh Kelly is in the bag, mark this one down, when he is free agency ready, it's 1.5 for 5.
Hey Rad is he a C grader or a B grader?...

The way I've read it is that you've got him marked down as both, if this is the case then the Principal won't be happy with your conflicting Report..

Back