Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if i'm wrong...

North 15 and 54 to Hawks for Anderson picks 38 and 40.

Brisbane get Bastinac picks 34, 38, 40 and 53. North get picks 17, 26, 28 and 47.

This trade was never meant to be judged in isolation, North worked out a deal which included Brissy's wants.

So we would have drafted McKay with our original pick 15, so no change there.
Wonder if Clarke would still have been available if we hadn't moved forward our picks?

Brisbane get Bastinac picks 34, 38, 40 and 53. North get picks 17, 26, 28 and 47.

This trade was never meant to be judged in isolation, North worked out a deal which included Brissy's wants.

Wonder if Clarke would still have been available if we hadn't moved forward our picks?
At first it was misinformation and probably an excuse to criticise our personnel. Now it's just a running gag with no intent to blame. I'm _guessing_.

WTF are you talking about? All of those players were gone before pick 19.

As the master of trades I would have packaged the Bastinac pick with our first pick and ended up around Pick 10. I'm that good. Don't mention 38-40, I wouldn't have needed them.

That and were we more keen on McKay than on any of them?

Yes of course we were keener on the lesser McKay in the Draft as judged by nearly all.

Oh bugger. Somebody mentioned 38-40 ruining everything.

Anderson asked to leave as he wasnt getting a game behind likes of Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge etc and its not like the Hawks were happy to give him away for a packet of twisties but its good to see you come to the discussion well researched.
Oooo you got me, will watch his progress and hope that the epic fail to take him on is just "bad luck" and he somehow finds the ability/fitness/continuity/whatever it requires to do something positive. I'd love to be wrong about him. But I wont be.

Also if they rated him highly enough they would have been saying hey - these guys are about to leave. Wouldn't they?

No one cares any more.

Oooo you got me, will watch his progress and hope that the epic fail to take him on is just "bad luck" and he somehow finds the ability/fitness/continuity/whatever it requires to do something positive. I'd love to be wrong about him. But I wont be.

Also if they rated him highly enough they would have been saying hey - these guys are about to leave. Wouldn't they?

Umm, they didn't know a year before that Lewis and Mitchell were leaving - Lewis and Mitchell themselves didn't even know. They stayed and finished top 2 in the B&F in 2016. So, his reason for leaving was vindicated.

PS - you're full of s**t.

Umm, they didn't know a year before that Lewis and Mitchell were leaving - Lewis and Mitchell themselves didn't even know. They stayed and finished top 2 in the B&F in 2016. So, his reason for leaving was vindicated.

PS - you're full of s**t.

Nice, the reality of his performances so far would suggest I am not.

Anyhoo, play on.

Nice, the reality of his performances so far would suggest I am not.

Anyhoo, play on.

Unsurprisingly, no acknowledgement of the fact that your previous post was incorrect - continuing the fine tradition in this thread of exaggerating / misstating the facts because the reality doesn't sustain the criticisms.

Yeah. There are two things that tend to get overlooked.

1. We knew before trade week started that Basti had an offer from Brissy and we were happy to get him there. Also that they were likely to pay overs for someone who actually wanted to go there, much like GC with Waller this year. So the trade out of 15 was in the context of knowing that. Still had to get a bit lucky, but it was surely the plan.

2. We didn’t just upgrade a 2nd, we got 2 picks higher than our original 2nd. So it was Clarke and Hibberd. I reckon neither of them last to our original 2nd.

I’m not as convinced that we would have taken McKay ahead of Burton. I originally was, but someone in the know claimed we were very keen on Burton. Anyway, perfectly happy with McKay as it stands. So that trade week is:

Burton, Bastinac & Currie

For

Anderson, McKay, Clarke & Hibberd.

******* ripper of a trade week. Nerdsplaining that is almost my favourite thing to do on bf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the master of trades I would have packaged the Bastinac pick with our first pick and ended up around Pick 10. I'm that good. Don't mention 38-40, I wouldn't have needed them.
Indeed you are very good if you can pull that off. Picks 9-12 going into that draft were held by Adelaide, GWS, Carlton and Richmond. If you can convince any of them to trade down in the 1st round to get Ryan Bastinac you are a master dealmaker.

Unsurprisingly, no acknowledgement of the fact that your previous post was incorrect - continuing the fine tradition in this thread of exaggerating / misstating the facts because the reality doesn't sustain the criticisms.
Firstly I wasn't the one who brought up hodge etc. it came up with another poster after I asked whether hawks hierarchy rated him. Secondly, if they did in fact rate him as much as the much vaunted "hawks supporters" don't you think they would have been in his ear about a future etc.with sufficient encouragement that he wouldn't fancy his chances elsewhere?

Firstly I wasn't the one who brought up hodge etc. it came up with another poster after I asked whether hawks hierarchy rated him. Secondly, if they did in fact rate him as much as the much vaunted "hawks supporters" don't you think they would have been in his ear about a future etc.with sufficient encouragement that he wouldn't fancy his chances elsewhere?
The natural conclusion of such argument is that 100% of traded players are not rated by the club they are being traded from.

And history demonstrates that to be false.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I doubt Jed will play too many more for us. Unfortunately has shown nothing in his time at North that suggests he will make it.
I couldn’t disagree less. I like Jed. He’s a nice man. I have a $20 bet with GoKangas69 that Jed will play more games for NM than Boner Harvey.

I couldn’t disagree less. I like Jed. He’s a nice man. I have a $20 bet with GoKangas69 that Jed will play more games for NM than Boner Harvey.
Unless we get a massive run of injuries will NOT play for North again his gone from a 25 pick player on the verge to someone who would be 35 to 40 player and yet again we have been dudded by Hawthorn again Jon Hay Lance Picone Jade Rawlings to name a few hopefully we get something out of Hartung?

Unless we get a massive run of injuries will NOT play for North again his gone from a 25 pick player on the verge to someone who would be 35 to 40 player and yet again we have been dudded by Hawthorn again Jon Hay Lance Picone Jade Rawlings to name a few hopefully we get something out of Hartung?

Yeah but we've given them Terry Moore, Demeyriou and Danilchenko

Yeah. There are two things that tend to get overlooked.

1. We knew before trade week started that Basti had an offer from Brissy and we were happy to get him there. Also that they were likely to pay overs for someone who actually wanted to go there, much like GC with Waller this year. So the trade out of 15 was in the context of knowing that. Still had to get a bit lucky, but it was surely the plan.

2. We didn’t just upgrade a 2nd, we got 2 picks higher than our original 2nd. So it was Clarke and Hibberd. I reckon neither of them last to our original 2nd.

I’m not as convinced that we would have taken McKay ahead of Burton. I originally was, but someone in the know claimed we were very keen on Burton. Anyway, perfectly happy with McKay as it stands. So that trade week is:

Burton, Bastinac & Currie

For

Anderson, McKay, Clarke & Hibberd.

******* ripper of a trade week. Nerdsplaining that is almost my favourite thing to do on bf.
Oh FFS is this still going on this argument? hah.

But you are exactly right.

As for Burton vs McKay......that stuff happens all the time in the draft. Its a gamble and theres so many variables. And McKay will be a much more valuable commodity at some point than what Burton will be come the end of their careers. I believe he'll be better than his bro as well. Will be the best player we have from that draft year.

With Marley Williams back issues, when fit, I'd give this guy a go as the 'backup' lockdown small defender role.
agree.

i think Jed is told to 'pressure pressure pressure and use his speed to break the lines at half forward' - i think the coaches think this is simple (which it is) but it's too vague and broad for Jed, he seems confused and nervous everytime he has a easy mark or plenty of space.

lockdown defender would be ideal to work him into the AFL game.

with that said, unless he excels at lockdown defender or kicks at least a goal game (if given any) and has plenty of tackles/possies, he'll be delisted by the end of the year.

agree.

i think Jed is told to 'pressure pressure pressure and use his speed to break the lines at half forward' - i think the coaches think this is simple (which it is) but it's too vague and broad for Jed, he seems confused and nervous everytime he has a easy mark or plenty of space.

lockdown defender would be ideal to work him into the AFL game.

with that said, unless he excels at lockdown defender or kicks at least a goal game (if given any) and has plenty of tackles/possies, he'll be delisted by the end of the year.

Yep. He needs to pull one out of the hat if he is to get another contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back