Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee he returned from the break in ripping nick. The fact he can come back late, have a couple kick arounds and then perform the way he did speaks volumes about the blokes character I reckon. He is going to take his game to a new level this year
his kick dropping into the path of Zurhaar for the first goal against GWS was pretty good too

Lives up to the Honey Ant name.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
There is a frigate named after his mob in the Aust. Navy.

Which kind of fits. I remember when B4Bear called him an Exocet missile. That was a good call.

His foot skills and brain farts are atrocious. He’s one of the better tacklers in the game and is a good team man, but my god his field kicking is bad. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player consistently miss short targets by so far.

His foot skills and brain farts are atrocious. He’s one of the better tacklers in the game and is a good team man, but my god his field kicking is bad. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player consistently miss short targets by so far.
Yeah, his foot skills aren't neat and we can't rely on him to have a massive impact outside the contest. As 3rd or 4th banana who smashes into the contest and harasses the first outlets he is invaluable though. He gives us looks as more second chance balls than probably anyone else in the comp. Just needs his good mate Cunners back in there and we will be automatically better.

Yeah, his foot skills aren't neat and we can't rely on him to have a massive impact outside the contest. As 3rd or 4th banana who smashes into the contest and harasses the first outlets he is invaluable though. He gives us looks as more second chance balls than probably anyone else in the comp. Just needs his good mate Cunners back in there and we will be automatically better.

He needs to be coached to know his limitations. He tries too many short kicks in really dangerous spots that often result in turn over scores. If he can eradicate that from his game then he can become a really good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love his endeavour, love his courage, in fact I love everything about him except his shitful momentum sapping disposal.

Unfortunately at this level it’s not how tough and courageous you are, it’s all about how well you use it when you get it.

Hawthorn built a premiership dynasty on the back of a lot of soft campaigners that were elite ball users.

Look his kicking is dodgy and it hurts us But he was one of the few digging in trying to turn the tide in the third term.
Exactly. Made a few errors but gee, I’d prefer that than the handful of guys who were barely sighted for the 2nd and 3rd quarters - those guys made no errors because they were nowhere to be seen - Brown, Zurhaar, Zeibell, Thomas, Atley......

Jed, Ziebell, Hall, Pittard, McDonald, Marley, Atley etc we have way too many footballers who are terrible kicks.

I wonder if Brady sits down at seasons end and address this.
The fact four of them play in our backline is unthinkable. We are kidding ourselves

His aggression makes up for his turnovers
Hawthorn kicked 8 goals tonight, 2 from umpiring blunders and 5 from turnovers..... game over.

No amount of aggression makes up for turnovers, especially in the modern game.

I love the way Jed goes about it, but in a low scoring tight game, turnovers are soul destroying and often the determining factor in a win or a loss.

Jed’s a warrior, but I find it hard to believe that he will be an important cog of a premiership winning midfield.

Let’s hope he proves me wrong, but I have a feeling he is warming the seat until someone steps up.

Hawthorn kicked 8 goals tonight, 2 from umpiring blunders and 5 from turnovers..... game over.

No amount of aggression makes up for turnovers, especially in the modern game.

I love the way Jed goes about it, but in a low scoring tight game, turnovers are soul destroying and often the determining factor in a win or a loss.

Jed’s a warrior, but I find it hard to believe that he will be an important cog of a premiership winning midfield.

Let’s hope he proves me wrong, but I have a feeling he is warming the seat until someone steps up.

True. But Polec turned it over just as much and doesn’t tackle like mad man. Even higgins and Jy has around the same turnovers

Our captains 7 possessions, 4 or them were turnovers

idk, put it in perspective. I know it depends how bad the turnovers are (turns into a goal) but he is constantly under pressure because he is a battering ram and always inside the contest

This is why I think skills training while being under pressure is crucial for our development

True. But Polec turned it over just as much and doesn’t tackle like mad man. Even higgins and Jy has around the same turnovers

Our captains 7 possessions, 4 or them were turnovers

idk, put it in perspective. I know it depends how bad the turnovers are (turns into a goal) but he is constantly under pressure because he is a battering ram and always inside the contest

This is why I think skills training while being under pressure is crucial for our development
Believe me I love so much of what he brings. I just find that some of his turnovers are really poor and not so much execution, but decision making.

Usually when Higgins turns it over it’s from poor execution or trying to hit the miracle kick.

For the moment he is in our best midfield. But I think for us to take the next step, Jed needs to get better with his decision making or he is just warming the seat until one of these younger players steps up.

I also think he is a better player when Cunners is in there with him, so I am probably being a bit harsh based on the last two weeks.

I’m saying that there are a lot of players that are better with Cunners around them. Cunners clean hands and creativity is so underrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back