Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the rest of the side I reckon he'd been dialling it in a fair bit over the last few weeks. But then last weeks as soon as he got the job on Cripps, he was on. In his face, agressive, bone crunching & relentless.

As far as barometers go, Jed sets the tone more than any other player on our list, imo.

When he's on, we're on, when's he's off, we're off.

The trick for Shawry is to get him to bring it every single week.

If only he had better foot skills, he’d be some sort of player.

Left footed and aboriginal, he has no right to be an ordinary kick. I reckon he should handball more. He has more chance of elevating his handball creativity than improving his kicking at this stage of his career.

Kicking looked improved in his first game back, and was improved again today. Took absolute ownership of the contest, but spread incredibly hard as well. He's had a fair few games for us now, but I think that was probably his best. At the very least it felt like his most rounded and complete game.

If only he had better foot skills, he’d be some sort of player.

Left footed and aboriginal, he has no right to be an ordinary kick. I reckon he should handball more. He has more chance of elevating his handball creativity than improving his kicking at this stage of his career.

This is pretty wrong on so many levels... Hard to know where to start.

This is pretty wrong on so many levels... Hard to know where to start.
Being left foot and Aboriginal not a great way to start putting down a player.
I don’t know speedy , but you’d assume they are pointing out that most left footers are a beautiful kick, which is pretty true.
And that most indigenous players are highly skilled.
So there’s the Jed anomaly. No?

If only one swallow made a summer Ferball.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Apart from this year I've never thought he was a poor kick compared to about ten other players in the side. I wouldn't have said he was a great either but I've never thought he was s**t. I would have thought yesterday is about where his kicking has been since 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know speedy , but you’d assume they are pointing out that most left footers are a beautiful kick, which is pretty true.
And that most indigenous players are highly skilled.
So there’s the Jed anomaly. No?
Yes that was the point I was making, thanks. I didn’t think it could be interpreted as something offensive.

I have to say I can remember Jed setting up more goals this season than any other player on our team. The Cunnington and Taylor goals against St Kilda come straight to mind.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Look he is ranked 387th in the comp out of about 500 for disposal efficiency and he had 14 turnovers to opposition in the previous three matches. I'm comfortable with the assessment his kicking needs work. And that assessment wasnt made in a vacuum. He has been playing footy for a while now.

That being said if the Adelaide game is the new norm for his kicking then he will very quickly end up as one of the best mids in the comp as his kicking is his only knock!

Look he is ranked 387th in the comp out of about 500 for disposal efficiency and he had 14 turnovers to opposition in the previous three matches. I'm comfortable with the assessment his kicking needs work. And that assessment wasnt made in a vacuum. He has been playing footy for a while now.

That being said if the Adelaide game is the new norm for his kicking then he will very quickly end up as one of the best mids in the comp as his kicking is his only knock!

Fair enough.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He & Froggy have really relished the opportunity of more responsibility in the midfield. His last two games have been enourmous.

I'm a big critique on his ball use by foot, so I don't think these calls are unwarranted.

The last two weeks he does look to have significantly improved his ball use by foot, and when you compare it to where he was a couple years ago, there is definite improvement, so fingers crossed he can keep working on it.

This guy is such an enigma.

His attack on the ball and opponent would be just about the best in the league, yet his disposal could just about be the worst..

Last night we kicked the first goal in about 10 seconds. The very next centre bounce Jed wins the clearance, strolls towards goal and kicks the ball about a metre above a leading forwards outstretched arms.
Geelong use the turnover to kick a goal at their end and gain momentum, they then pile on the next few goals.

I love the guy but he’s either going to win us some big games through his fearless attack on opposition midfielders or his going to cost us a big game with a crucial disposal turnover in the clutch.

This guy is such an enigma.

His attack on the ball and opponent would be just about the best in the league, yet his disposal could just about be the worst..

Last night we kicked the first goal in about 10 seconds. The very next centre bounce Jed wins the clearance, strolls towards goal and kicks the ball about a metre above a leading forwards outstretched arms.
Geelong use the turnover to kick a goal at their end and gain momentum, they then pile on the next few goals.

I love the guy but he’s either going to win us some big games through his fearless attack on opposition midfielders or his going to cost us a big game with a crucial disposal turnover in the clutch.

We don't need to worry about big games at the moment, we're entrenched in the bottom 4. Hopefully, if/when the time comes that we are in big matches, he's been overtaken or tidied up his footskills. Or better players around him are the silk to his grunt.

At the moment, we need his muscle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back