Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s clear that out forward structures aren’t working with May + Lever zoning off, hence midfielders like Jed not taking the ‘easy’ option and bombing it to an outnumber.

It doesn't explain the mis-directed kicks and handballs.

I'm one of Jed's biggest fans but his turnovers are killing us.

We kicked 4 goals in a half, 3 of which were the direct result of some very beneficial umpiring. Jed conversely contributed to 2 the other way in the same period. I think we overlook huge fundamental flaws for some big hits. Not just disposal but decision making too needs to improve dramatically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We kicked 4 goals in a half, 3 of which were the direct result of some very beneficial umpiring. Jed conversely contributed to 2 the other way in the same period. I think we overlook huge fundamental flaws for some big hits. Not just disposal but decision making too needs to improve dramatically.

As far as I'm concerned it's either him or Frog in the midfield. Not both.

We kicked 1.3 in the second and conceded 9.7 in the second. The game blew up once he came off.

Not saying he was good but his pressure was a big reason why Dees were poor first half

As far as I'm concerned it's either him or Frog in the midfield. Not both.

27 touches (13 contested-2 clangers) @ 77%DE, 6 marks (good spread from the contest), 6 tackles, game high 6 clearances (equal with Oliver)

Vs

10 touches (3 contested-4 clangers) @70%DE, 2 marks, 8 tackles, 1 clearance.

Anderson also spent a majority of his time on the ground in the guts while Dumont played wing and Dumont still had 5 more clearances and 10 more contested possessions

Yep I'll take Dumont thanks. He made some errors tonight but he's been a very solid contributor for the last 3 seasons or so. Can hold his head up and if it's either him or Anderson it's not even close.

I still think he’s got a role to play over the next couple of years. His physical presence is going to be important while the young blokes are developing. Hopefully though he either tidies up his foot skills or gets pushed out by better players eventually.

27 touches (13 contested-2 clangers) @ 77%DE, 6 marks (good spread from the contest), 6 tackles, game high 6 clearances (equal with Oliver)

Vs

10 touches (3 contested-4 clangers) @70%DE, 2 marks, 8 tackles, 1 clearance.

Anderson also spent a majority of his time on the ground in the guts while Dumont played wing and Dumont still had 5 more clearances and 10 more contested possessions

Yep I'll take Dumont thanks. He made some errors tonight but he's been a very solid contributor for the last 3 seasons or so. Can hold his head up and if it's either him or Anderson it's not even close.

I'm the opposite. I'd probably take Anderson. Dumont has better external value and doesn't have the closing speed in the tackle that Anderson has. I also feel that Jed influences momentum in matches to a greater degree.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts about an interaction in last week's game against Geelong.

Jed provided a beautifully weighted pass to Josh Walker, who promptly kicked the goal.

Walker persistently called out to Jed (had to really get his attention) to acknowledge the nice kick.

I wonder if there is anything in that.

I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts about an interaction in last week's game against Geelong.

Jed provided a beautifully weighted pass to Josh Walker, who promptly kicked the goal.

Walker persistently called out to Jed (had to really get his attention) to acknowledge the nice kick.

I wonder if there is anything in that.

Are you saying Anderson maybe hard of hearing? Interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back