Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Jed training with and playing as a forward?

Looks like it from training stuff I've seen.

I quite like TBH.
I dont mind it either. He is a good role player in the middle but too similar to Cunners and Jy with regards to pace, and somewhat style. Him and KT as small forwards would terrify opposition defenders from a fear of pain point of view.

I dont mind it either. He is a good role player in the middle but too similar to Cunners and Jy with regards to pace, and somewhat style. Him and KT as small forwards would terrify opposition defenders from a fear of pain point of view.

Can take a grab and good around goal too.

Jed training with and playing as a forward?

Looks like it from training stuff I've seen.

I quite like TBH.
Good to hear. I named this very recently, in relation to him or to Kayne, that given the midfield mix and Jed's attributes, that he'd suit the defensive forward role well, and probably add more than Kayne with goal scoring.

Don’t forget Garner. And the Captain is no shrinking violet in the physical stakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still look at that list and wonder what the hell is going on..
fair enough we need a couple of quick nippy types but geez we’ve had some wasted years of under performance.

I still look at that list and wonder what the hell is going on..
fair enough we need a couple of quick nippy types but geez we’ve had some wasted years of under performance.
Nippy and skills have been an issue, but it did take Shaw to maximise our strengths, which is our physicality.

Will be a decent defensive small forward option who can still have stints in the midfield. Ranked 1st for tackles inside forward 50 per game in 2017, and has made huge improvements in his game since that time. If he can average close to a goal a game in this role it will be a bonus.

I guess the concern is that he goes missing for extended periods - easy to get lost in that role, so tackling pressure will be critical as will taking his chances around goal.

I think it’s a move that has to happen, so that Jed can make way for the likes of LDU, Bonar, Jy, Scott to get more midfield time, however with Jed still getting bursts in the middle.

He may well be training there to add more of that to his game in addition to midfield time, to make him more versatile.
May not necessarily denote a permanent move forward.
Good to see regardless.
Weren’t we incredibly bad for retaining ball in the F50?
If you want tackling pressure - then look no further than the Jed-I.

Our tackling pressure in the forward line is pretty woeful so making Jed a defensive small forward is a good move

Plus lengthening his career as a footballer playing him forward. Just remember his body and hammies have forever haunted him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One criticism I have of Jed is he struggles to get the ball between the big sticks, his action on a set shot is horrible. Needs significant improvement if he is a feature in there.. otherwise I love the way this bloke goes about his footy

Hmm. I'm in the camp of liking Jed in the middle. His tenacity and tackling is like no one else's. Didn't he often go missing as a forward?

I think Shaw is more flexible then Scott with where he wants guys to play, so I think we’ll see more players rotate from mid/forward mid/back. Just a hunch, but I don’t think we should assume Jed is going to be a pure forward because of a comment about a dropped mark at training.....especially because the point of the video was to take the piss out of the coach

I think Shaw is more flexible then Scott with where he wants guys to play, so I think we’ll see more players rotate from mid/forward mid/back. Just a hunch, but I don’t think we should assume Jed is going to be a pure forward because of a comment about a dropped mark at training.....especially because the point of the video was to take the piss out of the coach

If memory serves we've had some of the lowest number of players regularly rotated through the midfield. No idea why. Assuming because Scott had his 'plan that is capable of beating anyone' and stuck as much as possible to the midfield groups he pictured for that. Versatility is such a weapon. Clarko sure as s**t knew that during his reign at the top. We have a lot of players capable of playing midfield that have wildly differing elite attributes (and weaknesses, with a few that are more common than others), we SHOULD be mixing and matching to find an edge.

If memory serves we've had some of the lowest number of players regularly rotated through the midfield. No idea why. Assuming because Scott had his 'plan that is capable of beating anyone' and stuck as much as possible to the midfield groups he pictured for that. Versatility is such a weapon. Clarko sure as s**t knew that during his reign at the top. We have a lot of players capable of playing midfield that have wildly differing elite attributes (and weaknesses, with a few that are more common than others), we SHOULD be mixing and matching to find an edge.

It’s my biggest criticism of the Scott era. Not enough courage to be flexible. He wasn’t ignorant of that either, (except that it takes courage to make changes) he always said he wanted to play in a predictable manner..that everyone knew exactly what their role was.

From the outside looking in, it seems like he tried to apply a corporate work place philosophy to a sporting organisation and it failed.

The only thing elite sporting organisations and corporate organisations have in common is the capacity to generate massive revenue

I think there were times we thought Scott was still the right man for the job and coached pretty well. However...

The thing about 2019 was Brad returned to the old habits, made minimal structural changes and just seemed to be losing the drive he had early in his coaching career. The expectation to play a simulated style of football that doesn't cater for a slight mistake, mounts on top of the stresses of coaching a playing group in general.

If there was a emphasis on mastering the basics first then tackling the flexible stuff, we don't get off to a poor start.

Anderson's return with a win was indicative of the players playing to an imaginary line they cannot cross.

He was extremely stubborn and rigid

Shaw may see a opportunity here with Anderson to become more flexible

Around the middle of that patch of wins in 2016 there was a bit of talk about successful teams making the least number of changes over a season and playing the least number of players and I remember Scott talking about buying into that. That stability was something successful teams had.

It’s my biggest criticism of the Scott era. Not enough courage to be flexible. He wasn’t ignorant of that either, (except that it takes courage to make changes) he always said he wanted to play in a predictable manner..that everyone knew exactly what their role was.

From the outside looking in, it seems like he tried to apply a corporate work place philosophy to a sporting organisation and it failed.

The only thing elite sporting organisations and corporate organisations have in common is the capacity to generate massive revenue
I posted here a couple of years ago that BS will fail because he refused to take risks and change things up. Backing Shawy to do just that. You can't firmly match up on an opponent when you just don't know what and who to match up on. Never let your opponent know what to expect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back