Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I posted here a couple of years ago that BS will fail because he refused to take risks and change things up. Backing Shawy to do just that. You can't firmly match up on an opponent when you just don't know what and who to match up on. Never let your opponent know what to expect.
Also weight of numbers, as they keep turning over guys in the midfield and we were stuck with the same set up.
they’d eventually just outwork us, as opposition players would be fresh going into the last and we’d have the same battlers.

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was wrong and thought Jed a bust.

Now i think he is very important.

Various people don't have him in best 22 teams. I completely disagree.

For mine if fit and firing he is a lock for best 22, especially assuming Jacobs is not ready to provide mid defensive intensity/pressure.

Jed is expecting another joey. Congrats Jed.

Now to get to that 100 mark.

20191226_100841.jpg

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Need him fit and firing if Jacobs still out (unfortunately likely).

We have too many one way, front runners in our midfield.

Dumont does run hard the other way too to his credit.

Jed (albeit not a huge tank, he cracks in when possible) and Jacobs do both.

This is about my favourite clip from last year. Hopefully we are bringing this from Rd 1. fu** even Goldy was about to clean someone up but they jumped out of the way.

The best bit here is how clearly UP Jed is at the at the end of clip, he loves this s**t, he thrives on it.

I remember when I first encountered the term "recreational violence" - Jed is in that bag.

Around the middle of that patch of wins in 2016 there was a bit of talk about successful teams making the least number of changes over a season and playing the least number of players and I remember Scott talking about buying into that. That stability was something successful teams had.

Which is a weird thing to try to reverse engineer when the logical conclusion is not that reducing the number of changes = better performance. The logical conclusion (IMO) is that teams that are doing better tend to do so because they are not being forced to make a lot of forced changes (particularly to key players). If you have 4 of your best players out for half the year and all suddenly - and magically - become fit overnight in R12 you don't leave them in the VFL for the rest of the year to minimise changes.

I made a passing comment about a player on their thread in response to something someone else said. So obviously people do want to talk about it.

Even you, or you would have ignored it and got on with your life.

Back