Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Which is a weird thing to try to reverse engineer when the logical conclusion is not that reducing the number of changes = better performance. The logical conclusion (IMO) is that teams that are doing better tend to do so because they are not being forced to make a lot of forced changes (particularly to key players). If you have 4 of your best players out for half the year and all suddenly - and magically - become fit overnight in R12 you don't leave them in the VFL for the rest of the year to minimise changes.

I dunno if it was as straight up as I made it sound. It was more along the lines of successful teams don't change as much cos they don't make unforced changes the way an unsuccessful team should.

I don't think he was trying to reverse engineer anything at that point. Can see how he did in the following year.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I made a passing comment about a player on their thread in response to something someone else said. So obviously people do want to talk about it.

Even you, or you would have ignored it and got on with your life.
there is almost a page of this thread about race, pretty hard to ignore the racism by yourself and others here.

i chose to not ignore racism when i see it, The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

there is almost a page of this thread about race, pretty hard to ignore the racism by yourself and others here.

i chose to not ignore racism when i see it, The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

How about you just * off with your actual racist bullshit instead.

Why are you

A Stopping our freedom of speeh

B Trying to deny Jed Anderson's heritage?

C Warping the definition of racism into "whenever someone mentions race and I don't like it."

None of that stuff is appropriate for this thread.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I scrolled back to find the racist page.. no luck. Are you aware that racism is generally considered to be discrimination against someone on the basis of race, as opposed to mentioning race at all?

Or we could all just 'take a chill pill?'

We were chilled till someone who hasn't posted here (in this thread) for two and a half years decided to start hassling people.

Personally, if I called Jed soft as butter I'd never post in his thread again. At least not without apologising and acknowledging how wrong I'd got it earlier. But misery guts here just doubles down on the wrongness of his comments instead.

Not only is Jed hard as nails, four posts don't make a whole page and laughing at racists isn't the same as being racist.

None for three so far.

If anything Macarcherey needs to take a competency pill.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m taking Kimbo‘s advice.. I don’t need much encouragement thou.
giphy.gif

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
We were chilled till someone who hasn't posted here (in this thread) for two and a half years decided to start hassling people.

Personally, if I called Jed soft as butter I'd never post in his thread again. At least not without apologising and acknowledging how wrong I'd got it earlier. But misery guts here just doubles down on the wrongness of his comments instead.

Not only is Jed hard as nails, four posts don't make a whole page and laughing at racists isn't the same as being racist.

None for three so far.

So, no...? ;)

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu**en LOL

In response to someone calling him a terrible player.

Given the standard of your contributions in this thread maybe you should never darken its doors again.

None for three so far.

if someone doesn't post in a thread for a while doesn't directly mean they don't know what they're talking about, i find that aspect of BF so funny that unless someone post regularly their opinion doesn't count. When in actual fact someone who posts everywhere is picking up cheap likes, especially the likes of yourself along with your other woke friends in your constant circle jerk - how many thousands of posts and likes have you clocked up talking about how you think there are 4 million genders? but sure, those thousands of posts make you more qualified than anyone else who posts less regularly.

and WOW, you go back over 2 years to find posts about jed that you think are completely wrong? they were 100% correct at the point in time, he has worked hard on those aspects of his game and has made them his strengths, good on him. you don't think people aren't entitled to change their opinion from over 2 years ago? you don't think people change over time? god you really are pathetic

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I scrolled back to find the racist page.. no luck. Are you aware that racism is generally considered to be discrimination against someone on the basis of race, as opposed to mentioning race at all?

or generally treating someone differently due to their race....

if someone doesn't post in a thread for a while doesn't directly mean they don't know what they're talking about, i find that aspect of BF so funny that unless someone post regularly their opinion doesn't count. When in actual fact someone who posts everywhere is picking up cheap likes, especially the likes of yourself along with your other woke friends in your constant circle jerk - how many thousands of posts and likes have you clocked up talking about how you think there are 4 million genders? but sure, those thousands of posts make you more qualified than anyone else who posts less regularly.

and WOW, you go back over 2 years to find posts about jed that you think are completely wrong? they were 100% correct at the point in time, he has worked hard on those aspects of his game and has made them his strengths, good on him. you don't think people aren't entitled to change their opinion from over 2 years ago? you don't think people change over time? god you really are pathetic

"Soft as butter" was 100% incorrect at the time.

One aspect of BF that I find funny is that people make really bad calls and then when they're proved wrong, they say "well, things have changed". The inability to see that things might change and just react (negatively) to what's in front of them is the sign of a s**t judge, IMO.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Soft as butter" was 100% incorrect at the time.

One aspect of BF that I find funny is that people make really bad calls and then when they're proved wrong, they say "well, things have changed". The inability to see that things might change and just react (negatively) to what's in front of them is the sign of a s**t judge, IMO.

yes it was, he used to ALWAYS go the man instead of the ball, that's being soft and not putting your head over the ball.

someone telling me two years latter (after jed changed this) isn't proving me wrong.

and i agree, ferball's inability to see that things have changed and how he reacted negatively to a post that's irrelevant is a sign he's a s**t judge.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well aren't I glad I hopped in here? And no one has mentioned his long hair yet. #toosoon

Anyway, I hope Jed plays 20+ games this year but super curious to see the make up (forward, mid, combination)
be careful, if he cuts his hair off ferball will quote this and use it as a ad hominem to try and prove that anything you say is wrong.

be careful, if he cuts his hair off ferball will quote this and use it as a ad hominem to try and prove that anything you say is wrong.

We'd made four posts about something you didn't like and if you'd just ignored it it would have been over pages ago but you went and had a go at someone over it in the most ridiculous manner possible. You're channeling Andrew Bolt, literally, by having a go at us for mentioning the fact that a light skinned aboriginal player is a light skinned aboriginal player.

You do this every now and then - pick a fight, lose and then have a cry about it. You're better off not picking fights.

Also, Jed is not now and has never been soft. Furthermore playing the man, not the ball is not soft, might not be good footy but it isn't being gutless and scared of contact, which is something I've always associated with softness.

Finally ... Saintly said he was a terrible player and your response was "Yep."

Saintly, under a different account, acknowledged he was wrong about Jed on the page before this one. Maybe you should take a step toward earning some respect back and do the same.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We'd made four posts about something you didn't like and if you'd just ignored it it would have been over pages ago but you went and had a go at someone over it in the most ridiculous manner possible. You're channeling Andrew Bolt, literally, by having a go at us for mentioning the fact that a light skinned aboriginal player is a light skinned aboriginal player.

You do this every now and then - pick a fight, lose and then have a cry about it. You're better off not picking fights.

Also, Jed is not now and has never been soft. Furthermore playing the man, not the ball is not soft, might not be good footy but it isn't being gutless and scared of contact, which is something I've always associated with softness.

Finally ... Saintly said he was a terrible player and your response was "Yep."

Saintly, under a different account, acknowledged he was wrong about Jed on the page before this one. Maybe you should take a step toward earning some respect back and do the same.

no ferball i didn't 'lose', because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they 'lost'. the nuances of discussion are completely lost on you and then when you can no longer 'win' you throw in ad hominems.

the only reason i "do this now and then" is because me along with many others get sick to death of seeing you sling s**t that you can't back up and eventually have to respond, like i'm doing now.

however every argument with you is usually consumed by the ad hominems you start throwing around when you can't keep up with the discussion and now, low and behold we're in that position.

so finally about how i responded "yep" to jed being a terrible player, how long ago was that ferball? i assume it was over two years ago. it's totally irrelevant and jed has improved a lot, it doesn't mean i was wrong AT THAT POINT IN TIME. this might blow your tiny mind but players can improve, some can even get worse.

for example, gary ablett jnr was one of, if not the the best player in the comp in 2012, but dustin martin clearly wasn't. in 2013 i would've said confidently "gary ablett jnr shits all over dustin martin". now in 2020 i can confidently say "dustin martin shits all over gary ablett jnr" - i know this is complicated for you but i'm not contradicting myself, these two statements are in fact correct. what makes these two statements correct is a factor called TIME.

i look forward to you not replying directly to this post acknowledging that you've made yourself look like an idiot yet again.

no ferball i didn't 'lose', because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they 'lost'. the nuances of discussion are completely lost on you and then when you can no longer 'win' you throw in ad hominems.

the only reason i "do this now and then" is because me along with many others get sick to death of seeing you sling s**t that you can't back up and eventually have to respond, like i'm doing now.

however every argument with you is usually consumed by the ad hominems you start throwing around when you can't keep up with the discussion and now, low and behold we're in that position.

so finally about how i responded "yep" to jed being a terrible player, how long ago was that ferball? i assume it was over two years ago. it's totally irrelevant and jed has improved a lot, it doesn't mean i was wrong AT THAT POINT IN TIME. this might blow your tiny mind but players can improve, some can even get worse.

for example, gary ablett jnr was one of, if not the the best player in the comp in 2012, but dustin martin clearly wasn't. in 2013 i would've said confidently "gary ablett jnr shits all over dustin martin". now in 2020 i can confidently say "dustin martin shits all over gary ablett jnr" - i know this is complicated for you but i'm not contradicting myself, these two statements are in fact correct. what makes these two statements correct is a factor called TIME.

i look forward to you not replying directly to this post acknowledging that you've made yourself look like an idiot yet again.
na, you lost. And lost big time.

oh look one of ferball circle jerkers said i lost, and as usual so well explained.
ha ha. Ferball and I have had our disagreements over the years so we're far from some sort of sexual alliance looking for self-gratification. And not really sure what that has to do with football talk.

Any ooh, have a look above. There's plenty of explanations as to why you have lost, so I don't need to spell them out again. I just need to reiterate so it sinks in for you. You lost, and lost BIG time.

Back