Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Misssterrrr Anderson still has a very important role to play for us. He is the midfield enforcer and not too bad a midfielder in his own right. He has developed his goal kicking ability to kick like 12 goals in 2019 so that's another tick. He is what i classify as one of the B+ a team cannot have enough of. Inside mid with good pressure skills, something we can't say have a great deal of.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Misssterrrr Anderson still has a very important role to play for us. He is the midfield enforcer and not too bad a midfielder in his own right. He has developed his goal kicking ability to kick like 12 goals in 2019 so that's another tick. He is what i classify as one of the B+ a team cannot have enough of. Inside mid with good pressure skills, something we can't say have a great deal of.
12? i must have missed watching some games.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I don't think Jed has kicked 2 goals in a game 4 times in all the years he has played for, let alone last year.
He kicked 6 in total in 2019. 2 against Footscray and Richmond in consecutive weeks then 2 for the remainder of the season.

His highest tally is 7 in 2018.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He kicked 6 in total in 2019. 2 against Footscray and Richmond in consecutive weeks then 2 for the remainder of the season.

His highest tally is 7 in 2018.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
That's what i thought, thanks for the data.

GunSchwatta

Senior List
Feb 23, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I often wonder if Rad Roo actually lives in a parallel universe and his internet browser is a portal between our two dimensions but neither he, nor us realise. It would explain a lot.

At least not boring like *LDU is Dustin Martin*.

Thought he was pretty good playing forward against the saints. Some good defensive work but also had a sneaky chance at a goal. He's a threat down there. Could be his go moving forward.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Thought he was pretty good playing forward against the saints. Some good defensive work but also had a sneaky chance at a goal. He's a threat down there. Could be his go moving forward.

That's his spot the next game we play.

Pressure forward with midfield stints.

It's hard not to like Jed. He just gives it his all. Was huge in the second half under the packs contesting the ball against 2 or 3 Saints players and stopping their run. Yeah he can fluff kicks but he can also nail beautiful inside 50s like the kick to Cunners for his first goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He fluffed a couple of kicks early but after that he was okay.

He's a lock for finals footy. If you think he gets pushed put to give us a shot at a flag he'll be pushed out by a bunch of harder players.

If we find a bunch of harder players with better skills we will win non stop flags.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Good game from Jedley. He's a handy versatile option, an extra inside mid as you need him an extra high pressure half-forward.

Has some decent crumbing nouse, could probably be very good in that role if left there.

Folks are going out of theuir way to applaud Cunners, but the work rate of Jed, CZ, Browny & Taylor was just as influential in the win.

Has anyone got the pressure stat numbers handy?

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is one of the many B+ type we need to have and only then will the superstar player shine. So a team can never have too many superstar otherwise there is no gel in the team. Team like GWS will never come close to a flag with their current team. They got too much of the cream and not enough of the cake. We shouldn't lose focus on build a solid foundation in search for so called 'star power'. Players like martin, kelly, de goey would never come to us because we don't have the same level of foundation as their respective club so them coming in would mean that they have to increase their workload to build up our team. Why would you leave your current job for doubling of your workload in an unfamiliar workplace without getting the same proportional pay rise. But once we our foundation set up well to the extent that it's the best in the league, you would suddenly zurhaar becomes a match winner, thomas simpkin best one two combo in the league. Go look at richmond, look past cotchin, martin, their B grade players are absolutely the best in the league.

He gave away a free for it with the follow through but did anyone see the tackle at half forward when he launched himself mid air?
Yep.

The guy I was watching with grew up playing first grade league and union in country NSW.

You should have heard him when that happened. :D

Those things have great, intangible value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back