AFL Club
Carlton
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I like Durdin, will be a player but for now Martin is well ahead of him.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Agreed, Durdin is 12 months off being physically ready to play regularly in the big times.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Motlop is actually more a natural small forward than any other player on the list

Fisher - HHF as a junior and that's how he should be used
Owies - Was a mid before he transitioned to basketball
Honey - More a hit up HF, than a traditional small forward
Durdin - Played the majority of his junior footy as a mid, but size forced him to play forward in his final junior year
Physique of young Rod Ashman...we can dream on that.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
thats why they have a list, in case others they want are taken first :think:

gotta cover all bases

Like Jesse himself, suspect we sold a few clubs a bit of candy, by overplaying our interest in McDonald.

You wouldn’t call a Tinder date 3 times per week. That coupled with Voss’ convo 0.5 seconds after the pick went through leads me to believe Motlop was our priority all along.

Last edited:

Blue Heart

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Physique of young Rod Ashman...we can dream on that.

If only !!!

Had the privilege of playing on the great Rod Ashman in an inter school game back in his Golden Square HS days. I never been so close to the ball without touching it.

Edit: Actually I'm telling a lie there as I did throw the ball back to him once when I was standing on the mark.

Last edited:

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
You draft your small forwards to the end of your rebuild and that is exactly what we have done. I don't know about being ready to go round one but he will probably put his hand up. We have quickly gone from having no small forwards to having depth in this area.

Durdin will play every game he is fit, make no mistake about that he's got it. Honey will be much the same. Owies might and Motlop might.

It's going to be nice to see our forward line's defensive structures set right and a group of players with genuine pace and intent to tackle who can also kick goals when their moment comes.

A young small forward just has to come in and compete, chase, tackle and work really hard and kick the odd goal. A lot of them make it early on their speed and their efforts and I can see him doing that.

We have had a forward line that has been one of the easiest to exit in the AFL, it's going to be exciting to see that change and turn around.

Last edited:

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
If you want to watch Jesse the broadcaster go on to YouTube and search “ deadly discusions”. You will find his account to which you should then subscribe.
Happy viewing Baggers!

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Welcome Jesse

I spoke to a colleague today who has a son who played school footy with Jesse at Aquinas this year. He said he was standout in most games but struggled a little bit in the 2 finals for South Freo colts. He also said he can be a little bit lazy at times but should sort that out once he is in a AFL program.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Welcome Jesse

I spoke to a colleague today who has a son who played school footy with Jesse at Aquinas this year. He said he was standout in most games but struggled a little bit in the 2 finals for South Freo colts. He also said he can be a little bit lazy at times but should sort that out once he is in a AFL program.
A lot of players coast on their talents. The whole media podcast thing he has going as well has me feeling (without knowing the kid at all) maybe he has a penchant for the showtime and whether he makes it will come down to the stuff in between shoots and fancy footwork. Doing the hard Yakka. You know that Walsh, Crippa, Curnow and co aren't going to put up with slackers so if he is a bit lazy he will learn pretty quick. Fingers crossed aye!

Stefchook

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
can someone tell me why Motlop was linked to freos NGA. When his entire family are a football family and his dad played AFL. Do some clubs have different eligibility criteria

Because the system is yet another AFL sponsored rort that gives some clubs more advantages than others. The SA/WA clubs have basically had free access to many of the Aboriginal juniors in their states the last couple of years. Or the NM zone that gave them exclusive access to Tasmania juniors like Tarryn Thomas, etc.

Back