Player Watch Jordan Lewis (traded to Melbourne 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect many an article about our uncompromising hard nut, Jordan Lewis, in 2007. Chief is set to make his mark. His early pre season form has been outstanding and he is training the house down. Personally, I'm expecting a breakout year in the 2005 Luke Hodge variety.

Article 1 - 15th January 2007;

Lewis looking strong
12:00:00 AM Mon 15 January, 2007 | Back
Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network
Entering his third AFL pre-season Jordan Lewis is fitter, trimmer and looking forward to 2007.

Lewis has been a stand out on the track during the Club’s pre-season training regime, recording personal best running times as he prepares for the rigors of a midfield role.

“Andrew Russell (fitness coach) developed a pre-season program for me with a focus on getting quicker and building my endurance,” Lewis said.

“Because I haven’t had any injuries or niggles I have been able to maintain my fitness since we started training in November.”

Link http://hawthornfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4742/Default.aspx?newsId=36907

Article 2 - November 20th, 2004

amos' official "Blast from the past article"

21zlewis.jpg
JORDAN LEWIS
WARRNAMBOOL

Jordan Lewis is ready for a pre-season. He hopes. Last week, the 18-year-old dragged his girlfriend out on a 50-kilometre bike ride and in the past month, he has joined an exclusive club, learning how to box in "The Shed", the garage gym frequented by ‘Bool boys Jonathan Brown, Matt Maguire and Brent Moloney when they return home.

Lewis was born in Warrnambool, where his mother's family has long lived and where his father moved at 16 for football. He grew up with two sisters who, until recently, proved tough to talk into backyard kick-to-kick.

link; http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2004/11/19/1100838227733.html

Expect many an article about our uncompromising hard nut, Jordan Lewis, in 2007. Chief is set to make his mark. His early pre season form has been outstanding and he is training the house down. Personally, I'm expecting a breakout year in the 2005 Luke Hodge variety.
Nice get, amos :D

Playing his 50th game this weekend:thumbsu: Hopefully he continues his great form and has a blinder against the swans!

http://hawthornfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4742/Default.aspx?newsId=44598

Jordan Lewis
Fast Facts

Jumper No: 3

Height: 186

Weight: 87

DOB: 1986-04-24

Recruited From: Geelong Falcons

Time flies for Hawk on the move

7:14 PM Tue 5 June, 2007 | Back

By Catherine Murphy

for hawthornfc.com.au

HAWTHORN’S Jordan Lewis says it feels like it’s taken no time to reach his 50-game milestone, which he’ll mark this weekend against Sydney at the SCG.

“It’s flown. We’ve been very lucky in our draft. Myself, Buddy (Lance Franklin) and Roughy (Jarryd Roughead) to get games early…it’s come up pretty quickly,” he says.

The 21-year-old from Warrnambool made his debut in round three, 2005 and received a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination in his debut season.

“We probably didn’t play that well early on but ‘Clarko’ stuck with us and gave us more games and it’s paying dividends now.”

Lewis says that of all of his teammates, he is closest to the players who joined him on his first day at Hawthorn.

“[Roughead and Franklin] are probably my two best mates at the club. Because you get drafted together and you don’t really know anyone, you get close to the guys that you get drafted with,” Lewis says.

Lewis’ midfield coach Todd Viney has been at the club since he joined and he believes that the former Melbourne player, who was known for his even temperament on the field, has been a good influence on him.

“I just try to suck every little bit of information that I can out of him. He lets us put our input in and then he gives us advice,” Lewis says of the former Demons skipper.

“Off the ground, I’ve an even temperament but on the ground I can be a little fiery at times. I try to control that.

“I think it’s just the competitive side of everyone that comes out when you step across that white line. Everyone wants to win and I think everyone will do a little bit extra to win.”

Lewis says Viney pulls no punches when it comes to assessing his performance.

“He’s pretty straight down the line, so he’ll tell you whether you’ve had a good or a bad game which is what you want from a coach. You don’t want a coach that tells you lies. He’s always been honest which has been really good for me,” Lewis says.

The rugged on-baller insists that at home, he is domestically superior to his housemate Campbell Brown, but that the two of them have different specialties when it comes to kitchen fare.

“My favourite to cook is honey soy chicken stir fry. He’s more the steak and veggies kind of guy. The night before a match, we’ll always have a spaghetti bolognese though,” Lewis says.

Just as before every game, the pair will have their usual pasta dish this Friday night before playing Sydney.

Lewis believes that having already beaten the premiers, the game against the Swans will be a real litmus test for the club.

“We’ve had a really good start to the season. We’ve had some really big challenges so far and we’ve been able to overcome them,” he said.

“We’re just taking it one week at a time. We’re solely focused on Sydney this week. We just want to get to the break and be on top of the ladder.”

Great stuff from the 'Chief'.

Hopefully he'll play another 300 good ones in the future! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i reckon lewis always thinks he has more time than he does, so he ends up getting himself under some pressure, and also i am not a big fan of his kicking, does anyone agree?

Added pain for Hawks

THREE key Hawthorn players face late starts to the 2008 season as Saturday night's semi-final defeat at the hands of the Kangaroos continues to reverberate.

Former skipper Shane Crawford, gun midfielder Luke Hodge and versatile Jordan Lewis were handed suspensions by the AFL match review panel yesterday following incidents from the game.

Lunch is on me, Buddy
1:16 PM Tue 11 September, 2007 | Back

By Ben Broad

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

News
TOUGH Hawthorn midfielder Jordan Lewis has admitted he thought he might have blown his side’s chances of stealing victory against Adelaide after spraying two shots at goal in Saturday’s frantic final term.

The Hawks won a dramatic elimination final at Telstra Dome after seven-goal hero Lance ‘Buddy’ Franklin slotted the matchwinner with less than 10 seconds left on the clock.

But Lewis, the hard-edged onballer with the ability to play forward and kick a goal, had two earlier chances to put the Hawks in front.

Much to the dismay of Hawk fans, Lewis’s two shots on goal in the last quarter both failed to register even a behind. When the final siren rang, the Hawk no.3 was arguably the most relieved man at Telstra Dome, and on Tuesday he said he had already repaid the star of the day.

“I thought, ‘Geez, that [missed] goal could have cost us the game’,” Lewis said.

“Luckily enough we had a few more shots at goal after that and then obviously the last shot of the day sealed the game.

“So I took Buddy out for lunch this week to thank him.”

One of Lewis’s attempts was a difficult banana kick which slewed across the face of goal but it was his second shot – a far easier shot from in the goal square – that looked set to break Hawthorn hearts before Franklin stepped up.

“There’s not too much to say about that,” Lewis said.

“I tried to snap it through and actually hit the middle of the ball.

“I proved everyone wrong by kicking it out on the full. But I’ve been out on the track this week and practised a few snaps, so we should be right this week.”

The Hawks face a confidence-sapped Kangaroos at the MCG on Saturday night in another elimination clash.

A win there would set up a preliminary final showdown with Port Adelaide the following week, and while Hawthorn is abiding by the ‘one week at a time’ mentality, Lewis said his side was eager to atone for its round 20 fadeout to the Power.

“You know we can’t even bring into our minds about Port Adelaide yet, but if we do happen to get the chance against them over there I think we’ll play some good football and it’d be a good chance to redeem ourselves,” he said.

Jordan Lewis's season 2007 was rewarded with a 4th in the Hawks Best and Fairest for 2007.

Sewell claims first Peter Crimmins Medal

DANGEROUS midfielder Brad Sewell claimed his first Peter Crimmins Medal after a nail-biting finish in front of a 1300 strong crowd at Crown’s Palladium on Saturday night.

In the count to decide the 2007 Hawthorn club champion, Sewell (173 votes) and eventual runner-up Campbell Brown (172 votes) went into the semi final against the Kangaroos on equal votes.

Club awards
Best Clubman - Richie Vandenberg
Most Improved - Stephen Gilham
Best First Year Player - Xavier Ellis
Most Consistent - Brent Guerra
Leading Goalkicker - Lance Franklin
Most Votes in the Brownlow - Sam Mitchell

Peter Crimmins Medal voting – top ten
Brad Sewell - 173
Campbell Brown - 172
Luke Hodge - 161
Jordan Lewis - 154
Sam Mitchell - 137
Lance Franklin - 136
Brent Guerra - 136
Shane Crawford - 126
Trent Croad - 121
Rick Ladson - 116

Peter Crimmins Medal voting procedure
Votes for the 2007 Peter Crimmins Medal were awarded by the match committee, consisting of senior coach Alastair Clarkson and assistants Todd Viney, Damien Hardwick and Ross Smith after each home-and-away and finals match.

A maximum of 16 votes could be accumulated by a player after the four coaches’ voting cards were submitted using the following grading system:

- three votes to the best player or players

- two votes for a good game

- one vote to players who beat their opponents

On rare occasions a player or players may receive four votes for an exceptional game.

There is no restriction on the number of players who receive votes in a match.

Hawks trio have more than a few points to prove

HAWTHORN will start 2008 without three of its best players — Luke Hodge, Jordan Lewis and Shane Crawford — after all were suspended for offences in its elimination final loss to the Kangaroos in the second week of the finals.

That situation is bad enough, but the demerit points system in use since the AFL Tribunal system was reviewed means that Hodge, Grant Birchall and Campbell Brown also carry over enough points to put them in jeopardy of an extra game on any sanction they incur next year.

The Hawks on-field discipline — at least in terms of number of players reported — fell away late in 2007.

Hawk on patrol

MOST footballers do something on the side, be it study or run a business, as an insurance policy for when their football career comes to an end.
Jordan Lewis' ‘insurance policy’ is quite unique: Last season, the talented midfielder spent one day a fortnight with different arms of the Victoria Police including its air wing, the search and rescue division and the water police.

Lewis, who was accompanied by Luke Hodge, says the highlight of his law enforcement secondment was when the pair went along for the ride when officers investigated a robbery, or at least what was supposed to be a robbery.

“It turned out to be a false alarm,” Lewis smiles.

“We didn’t get to see any gun fire or anything like that, so it was disappointing. The policeman just floored the car and was going over median strips and everything so it was a bit of an experience.”

Selection 10 has fallen to Bagda who has taken "The Warrnambool Wrestler" Jordan Lewis.

Now take him out the back Bagda and teach him how to kick from 10 metres out, my heart couldn't take seeing that again.

BR:thumbsu:

Jordan_Lewis_L.jpg

Jordan Lewis

Fast Facts

Jumper No: 3
Height: 186
Weight: 87
DOB: 1986-04-24
Recruited From: Geelong Falcons
Career Matches: 63 as at season end 2007
Career Goals: 19

2007 Home & Away Totals

Matches: 22
Goals: 12
Marks: 161
Disposals: 546
Kicks: 280

In 2007 Jordan led the Hawks for the most number of possessions and marks. In the AFL he ranked 18th for disposals per game, 13th in total handballs, 14th in total marks, 20th in marks per game and 8th in disposals per game.

After 31 possessions in his first game of the season after Jordan served his 2 match suspension, he has been suspended for 1 match for a silly love tap on Pratt from the Kangaroos.

Details of Lewis' charge:
The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of two matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 20 per cent to 150 demerit points. He has also 13.75 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 163.75 demerit points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 122.81 points and a one-match sanction.

So as it is he will carry over 22.81 points, if contests and is unsuccessful he'll carry over 63.75 points. Not much chance the tribunal will upgrade it to a higher charge so I would suggest the club will contest.

Eight Hawks re-sign for two more

August 14, 2008 HAWTHORN have signed new deals with eight players, which will keep them at the AFL club for the next two years.

The eight players are Jarryd Roughead, Chance Bateman, Jordan Lewis, Robert Campbell, Mark Williams, Mitch Thorp, Brent Renouf and Jarryd Morton.

Hawks football manager Mark Evans said this week's re-signings were a great boost for the club's future.

"It's a strong message to have eight players who are such a big part of our future quest for premiership success all coming out in the one week and agreeing to terms, it's a great message of solidarity," Evans told the Nine Network's AFL Footy Show.

The Hawks are currently second on the ladder.

AAP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back