Past 3. Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Some news on the status on Murphs contract and discussions are well and truly under way.

Connors told ***************.com.au that he started negotiations with Carlton football operations general manager Steven Icke last week.

"Marc had wanted to get his season well and truly under way and at least wait until after their bye before negotiations started," Connors said.

"I have had that initial discussion with Carlton and I expect things should continue from here. It's fair to say that discussions so far have been fruitful.

"Marc would like to stay at Carlton. There's some exciting things going on down there, that's for sure and he is a big part of it all".

Article here.

Murph's Stats for the good win over the Demons in Rd 10.

Kicks. 21
Marks. 9
Handballs. 10
Disposals. 31
Goals. 1
Tackles. 7
Inside 50's. 2
Goal Assists/ Goals Contributed. 1/2

Fantasy Scoring.

Dreamteam. 145
SuperCoach. 147

Excellent game from Murphy and he was sublime with a BOG display in slippery conditions.

Brownlow Votes for this game = 3.

Tally after Rd 10 = 12 Votes.

Murph's Stats for the good win over Port in Rd 11.

Kicks. 19
Marks. 4
Handballs. 13
Disposals. 32
Goals. 1
Tackles. 3
Inside 50's. 5
Goal Assists/ Goals Contributed. 2/3

Fantasy Scoring.

Dreamteam. 117
SuperCoach. 127

Another great game and Marc the best of our Mids in trying conditions again.

Brownlow Votes for this game = 2.

Tally after Rd 11 = 14 Votes.

I agree. At this point, I would think that both Murphy and Judd would have to be among the favourites for the Brownlow this year. Murphy is just having a phenomenal season so far.

Marc Murphy a better player after receiving some tough love

"In the last three or four years he has gone from three tackles a game to four and now six.

"Three or four years ago when you played the Sydney Swans if they sat on him, he would generally have a quiet day. Now clubs sit on him and because he has the ability to go into stop plays and drop-of-the-ball situations, and he's such a powerful little critter, he's hard to stop."

"There are two facets to his game - he is a brilliant running receiver whose sideways and lateral pace is incredible, and with his numbers, it's not just a gut theory.

"He is getting into the elite category as a stoppage player.

"His contested ball numbers are outstanding - right at 50-50 like Juddy."

626965marcmurphy.jpg

All-Australian selection in 2009.

:eek:

Probably another 2 votes for Murphy has him 2 clear of Judd who is 1 ahead of Pendlebury.

He will poll better in the second half of the year, he is really starting to shine and the media and public are noticing.

I missed the Brissy game or 90% of it so will jump to the current week. :eek:

Murphs stats for that Brissy game are here.

Murph's Stats for the great win over the Swans in Rd 13.

Kicks. 16
Marks. 4
Handballs. 13
Disposals. 29
Goals. 2
Tackles. 6
Inside 50's. 1
Goal Assists/ Goals Contributed. 0/2

Fantasy Scoring.

Dreamteam. 129
SuperCoach. 138

What can i say Murph just keeps delivering! What a star he is. ;) :D

Brownlow Votes for this game = 2.

Brownlow votes for Rd 12 = 0. ( Didn't see much of the game so cant comment.)

Tally after Rd 13 = 16 Votes.

Murphs stats for Rd 14 loss to the Eagles.

Kicks. 15
Marks. 9
Handballs. 13
Disposals. 28
Goals. 1
Tackles. 4
Inside 50's. 2
Goal Assists/ Goals Contributed. 0/1

Fantasy Scoring.

Dreamteam. 120
SuperCoach. 93

Murph was very ineffective in this game IMO and i am a bit disappointed in the I50's stat which was low as this is very important IMO and hopefully it gets back up to around 6 a game where i would like it. We were down as a whole team against the Eagles and it could be the loss we needed to give us a reality check and force home the message that you cant afford to go into games with a complacent attitude and just expect things to happen.

Expecting a much better game this week against the Tigers. :thumbsu:

Brownlow Votes for this game = 0.

Tally after Rd 14 = 16 Votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work Chism

I usually put a small brownlow bet on each year before the season starts, this year I put $10 on Murphy for a place, paying $67

It looks good at the moment, but early days, the main thing is tho murphy having a wonderful year for the Blues, the kid is a super star.

Murphs stats for Rd 15 thumping win over the Tigers..

Kicks. 12
Marks. 3
Handballs. 15
Disposals. 27
Goals. 2
Tackles. 2
Inside 50's. 1
Goal Assists/ Goals Contributed. 3/5

Fantasy Scoring.

Dreamteam. 97
SuperCoach. 118

Murph was solid against the Tigers but did not star IMO and this is due to the such high standards he has created for himself so far!

Inside 50's is still not high enough the last month IMO and i still would like it at around 5 a game average. Still playing incredibly well in saying that but we had a couple of better players on the day mainly Juddy and Robbo.

Brownlow Votes for this game = 0. Juddy and Robbo will fight out 3 & 2 and i have a feeling Murph will be overlooked in this game so he gets a doughnut.

Tally after Rd 15 = 16 Votes.

Murphs stats for Rd 16 terrible loss to the Dogs....

Kicks. 18
Marks. 5
Handballs. 16
Disposals. 34
Goals. 1
Tackles. 3
Inside 50's. 7
Goal Assists/ Goals Contributed. 0/1

Fantasy Scoring.

Dreamteam. 116
SuperCoach. 103

Murph was our best in a bad game and i like the rise of the Inside 50 stat and would love to see it remain here around 7 for the rest of the year.

Brownlow Votes for this game = 1. Dogs players will dominate the voting but i have a sneaky feeling Murph will snag the 1 vote.

Tally after Rd 16 = 17 Votes.

Gee totally forgot about this thread. :(

Any way Murphs stats for the games from the last update can be found here..

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-carlton-blues--marc-murphy

To much to try and do 5 games now as my memory of the games is quite vague from those weeks ago!!

Will update after the Saints game and i will still give my Brownlow votes as i see it so far with Murph currently on.....

25 Votes after Rd 22 with the bye to come this week and then a big game against the Saints. :thumbsu:

Intersting part of the interview with Seven was his revelation that his team-mates told him some home truths about his defensive game and his response has been an elevation of standard to AA lock in and a host of awards.

This is very similar to the Gary Ablett Jr story and I can see a bit of little Gazza in the way Murph is playing: fast, tough, mercurial, very hard to stop. Can also see him getting better still and being Judd's equal soon.

Murphs stats for Rd 24 loss to the Saints....

Kicks. 17
Marks. 4
Handballs. 19
Disposals. 36
Goals. 0
Tackles. 0
Inside 50's. 2
Goal Assists/ Goals Contributed. 0/0

Fantasy Scoring.

Dreamteam. 105
SuperCoach. 115

That ends Murphs season to date for Home and Away and i gave him 1 Vote for this game in the Brownlow leaving a season tally of 26.

By far this year has been Murphs best and a AA spot is a must for him and who knows what could happen on Brownlow night!

Could my estimate of 26 votes give him Charlie???

We will need Murph to have a big game in our 1st final against the Bombers and i am sensing a BOG effort as we progress. ;)

Here's the hot tip:Garry Lyon
The first thing to apply was the "line-'em-up-in-the-schoolyard" approach to determine which team had the highest number of ''top 10'' players.

5 Paddy Ryder is emerging as one of the most valuable players in the AFL with his ability to combine the roles of key forward and mobile ruckman. He seems to be displaying an urgency in his game that had been missing.

7 Marc Murphy is next in line. He has been a terrifically consistent player for the Blues since being taken at No. 1 pick in the 2005 draft.
Here's the hot tip:Garry Lyon

Good call Garry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back