Past 3. Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a fair call, although there are many players that have stated money and years through media and from horses mouth.
You mean like Daisy's contract, which was for between $550 with performance incentives and $750 straight up, depending on who was talking and how much they wanted to have a giggle about Carlton's list management at the time?

Last edited:
two years is a good deal and he deserves it I hope we can do something decent for Simmo, Murph and Kreuz over next two years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murph is a team first player. He listened to the idea of playing a different role this season to fast track the development of younger players on the list. And yesterday in our hour of need he turned back the clock and played as an influential midfielder. It’s fitting that fate determined that he kick the winning goal. When you play for Carlton for as long as he has there’s more disappointment than joy so he deserved this priceless memory.

Murphy can play. That was never an issue.
The matter was whether he really wanted to play the way he knows he has to play, and that hits every player at some point in time.

Great to see Murphy as enthusiastic as he was yesterday and if he 'chooses' to maintain that exuberance for another year or two, then that's just fine.

Murphy can play. That was never an issue.
The matter was whether he really wanted to play the way he knows he has to play, and that hits every player at some point in time.

Great to see Murphy as enthusiastic as he was yesterday and if he 'chooses' to maintain that exuberance for another year or two, then that's just fine.
Can almost hear the gritting of the teeth.

Some people who wrote him off will be feeling pretty stupid right now.

He’s a classy player who is well past his prime, but still easily best 22
I don't think people wrote him off as such, it was more the feeling that a new coach may look to do what Hawthorn have done with their older players.
There's no doubting his class and his experience is valuable.

Atm, it's not unreasonable to think that Teague could be the senior coach in 2020, so he may be able to produce his old performance levels under this attacking style of footy.
If we get a Lyon or Roos, it's a complete game changer

Note: If Geelong are still looking, he's contracted. 2 first rounders thanks! ;)

Some people who wrote him off will be feeling pretty stupid right now.

He’s a classy player who is well past his prime, but still easily best 22

he was arguably best on ground against freo. Nothing like it against the dogs or earlier in the year. Let's see what happens next, if he can bring 80% of that regularly then it's humble pie time.

Murphy may not be giving his 100% at all contests in 2019 but against the Dockers he really stepped up. That last goal was quite amazing. Kreuzer tapped it to Murphy who kicked it forward and he kept running sideways with the ball while Gibson also kicked it forward to a pack of players in which Casboult stood tall and held on long enough to get a handball to Fisher who could see Murphy running past and he tapped it and game over. The effort and poise by Murphy was awesome. He won the clearance and then put himself in the position to kick the winner.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done Marc. I for one wrote him off and for good reason. Completely forgot what he means to our developing youth. He sprayed his kicks at crucial junctures as well as shirking contact and making piss poor decisions that put team mates in jeopardy (Physically and mentally). If this 4 quarter reincarnation had been his standard in the first 6 games of the season, I would be ecstatic as well. Grrrr

Well done Marc. I for one wrote him off and for good reason. Completely forgot what he means to our developing youth. He sprayed his kicks at crucial junctures as well as shirking contact and making piss poor decisions that put team mates in jeopardy (Physically and mentally). If this 4 quarter reincarnation had been his standard in the first 6 games of the season, I would be ecstatic as well. Grrrr
This is unnecessary. Murph's body has been belted by copping contact for many years. You contrast this to someone like Pendlebury, who has been a star of the game, but has never sustained severe contact injuries because he has not put his body into contests in the same way Murph has.

Lets say that Murph is an attacker not a defender. He is not a player to be forced to stand still while the cavalry ride over him around half back. He is a tireless running ball hunter and miracle maker and too many coaches have kept him too far from goal for too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back