Toast 3 Port players in AA squad (Wines and Aliir selected in 22)

Remove this Banner Ad

My view might be skewed by the fact our key forwards always dominate against Carlton but I wouldn’t say Weitering had an all Australian year.

He’s an above average player currently who does his role in one of the leagues worst defenses.

It will be pretty galling if he is picked over Aliir.
Gotta sell hope to the Baggers fans.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hold on, clubs nominate players for All Australian?

If that’s the case, how many players did Melbourne nominate?

Is there a limit? What’s the criteria? Can you nominate anyone on your list?

Detail not included is that clubs are asked to nominate 3 players only. So we nominate our 3 and they all get in but every other player gets ignored. Melbourne nominate their 3 and they all get in but 4 others get picked anyway.

This explains so, so much.

Detail not included is that clubs are asked to nominate 3 players only. So we nominate our 3 and they all get in but every other player gets ignored. Melbourne nominate their 3 and they all get in but 4 others get picked anyway.

Morris claims ‘unlimited’ further down the replies.

We need a Brian ‘Choco’ Commission.

What an absolute joke of an 'Award'.

This is absolutely hilarious.

"So who is this Paul Seedsman character?"
"No idea but he has been nominated so he's in. Now let's see who the other teams have nominated."

I call BS - there's an AA selection panel that convenes a couple of times through the season before naming the 40 man squad and final team. Even if this thing about clubs nominating three names is true, obviously the panel can select more than that from any club. Tredders is on the panel, so must've been outvoted re Trav - I can't believe he wouldn't have argued for his inclusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its a media award honestly, i really don’t think we should list AA guernsey’s alongside premierships and BnFs anymore.
Is it really?

Selector are:

Gillon McLachlan (non-voting Chairman), AFL CEO
Andrew Dillon - Lawyer & AFL Executive General Manager of Football
Chris Johnson - Football legend
Glen Jakovich - Football legend
Warren Tredrea - Football legend
Cameron Ling - Football legend
Jude Bolton - Football legend
Matthew Richardson - Football legend
Nick Riewoldt - Football legend
Kevin Bartlett - Football legend

Last edited:
Id lover to see a premiership ladder of ex players AA's. I reckon the Crows would be right up there

• Wellman (1998, 2001)
• Dangerfield (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
• Gunston (2018)
• Cameron (2019, 2021*)
• Lever (2021*)
• Lyons (2021*)

9 with 3 on-deck, currently.

• Wellman (1998, 2001)
• Dangerfield (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
• Gunston (2018)
• Cameron (2019, 2021*)
• Lever (2021*)
• Lyons (2021*)

9 with 3 on-deck, currently.

By the by:

• Harley (2008), for just the 1.

Scott Cummings won the Coleman in 1999 for WCE (87 goals in 22 minor round games), but was famously snubbed for the AA FF position — and was left out entirely — in favour of Matthew Lloyd (77 goals in 20 minor round games).

By the by:

• Harley (2008), for just the 1.

Scott Cummings won the Coleman in 1999 for WCE (87 goals in 22 minor round games), but was famously snubbed for the AA FF position — and was left out entirely — in favour of Matthew Lloyd (77 goals in 20 minor round games).
If they get to 12 surely that gets them to the head of the podium

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would love to see the data of clubs getting FTA games into Vic and any possible correlation into AA squad

It's a bullshit system, but if that's the criteria Port should have named AA, Boak and Amon. As there was no way known Wines wasn't getting picked. There are often s**t rules in the AFL, but it does s**t me that Port never bends them to it's convenience, always playing the nice 'Guy' (at least wear a blue shirt).

Last edited:

FFS its not up to the clubs to nominate. What the * is the point of having all these 10 gooses on a panel if they aren't good enough themselves.

Probably indicated to non Vic clubs put in 3 and others they said put in as many as you want.

More unaccountable swills at the AFL.

All Australian and NAB AFL Rising Star Selectors
Gillon McLachlan(chair), Kevin Bartlett, Jude Bolton, Steve Hocking, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, Nick Riewoldt, Kevin Sheehan (NAB AFL Rising Star only), Warren Tredrea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back