Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

I creamed my shorts when he took that mark and shed a tear when the boys got around him. So very happy for him. I mean what a journey!!

If he can keep this form up will we fit him, Crameri and Hurley into the forward line? Especially with the form of Davey, Reimers, Jetta and Dell'Olio and the excitement those four bring to our front half. Not to mention that Monfries is back next week and Winderlich wont be far away. Personally I'd love to see Crameri moved to a role like third forward, Hurley to play as power forward and Gumby to get on his bike and take as many marks as he can anywhere between the goal square and the wing.

This is the thing. If he becomes the player we drafted his inclusion in the best 22 is not an issue. His ability to slot straight back in with no real form suggests he can still be something special

So chuffed for him. Got so much more out of him than expected.

He's back. Back in the New York groove.

HardRockCafYankeeStadiumOpeningDay1.jpg

Might sound silly, but he seems to relish the challenge of playing at the highest standard and probably benefited from the better players around him and structures. Just like everybody else, just absolutely stoked for Gumby, hopefully the story can build from here.

He kicking that goal was such a great moment, lighting up an otherwise terrible first half. We could play he, Hurley and Crameri, but we'd then have to play only one ruck - Hawthorn style.

Fairly certain that the criteria is under 21 at the start of the season (Gumby was 23) and less than ten games played (Gumby had played 22).

Oh well.
It is obviously hard to sense sarcasm through the internet, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, Dos. I'm 146% sure that Nicho was taking the piss. Thanks for the prompt and precise clarification on the rules though buddy, if we ever need to know the exact qualification of any awards, we'll get you straight on the phone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is obviously hard to sense sarcasm through the internet, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, Dos. I'm 146% sure that Nicho was taking the piss. Thanks for the prompt and precise clarification on the rules though buddy, if we ever need to know the exact qualification of any awards, we'll get you straight on the phone.

Reading his post again, I would say I'm 147% sure he was taking the urine.

And 148% sure my sarcasm detector temporarily broke.

Was a fantastic return match. My 15 month old was sleeping during the first half, I am glad no one else was home when Gumby kicked his first. I jumped off the lounge and did one of those silent roars, where you give it everything without a sound coming out.

That goal was the highlight of the year for me bar none.

I am not going to jinx anyone by suggesting anything regarding how it will impact selections with a full (or close to full) squad, I was just stoked to see him get through and impact the game.

Gee that performance was unexpected.

Thinking back to his first game back against Geelong in 2010 to this game in 2012 their was so much more to like. Remembering he came out and had a pretty good game a week later against Fremantle.

The best part of Gumbleton's game was that he just about influenced every contest he was in. If he was behind he brought the ball to ground by punching it. He was also leading up to the ball hard giving players a key target to kick to.

He doesn't look as mobile has he did with all that extra muscle mass but it's hard not to get excited if he can stay fit.

He exceeded my expectations with the performance on the weekend. To come back and play like that everyone should be happy with that.

At times looked a little slow, but with more game time should get the pace of the game better. Great to see him get through, and the way they all got to him after goal was awesome.

Nice bump.

Will make selection interesting when Hurley is fit again, if it isn't already interesting. Gumby certainly was a risk to take to Port, but one that has paid off, I think. Glad he got through the match and managed to do a few good things and end up with 3. Was happy to see him crash a few packs, too.

Will be interesting to see how he goes on the smaller ground this week. History suggests the second game back can be more difficult than the first. Will also have a stronger apponent this week.

Just great to see him back. Like the look of him deep forward. Is always going to be difficult to combat on the lead.

With Hurley and Ryder out and question marks over Crameri, all of a sudden he becomes a pretty important player going into a very challenging block of games.

Nice bump.

Will make selection interesting when Hurley is fit again, if it isn't already interesting. Gumby certainly was a risk to take to Port, but one that has paid off, I think. Glad he got through the match and managed to do a few good things and end up with 3. Was happy to see him crash a few packs, too.
Even though he's back...I can't imagine the team with him in it. Not through anything other than the fact he's been a mythical being for the last 6 years. Does anyone else feel the same?

It almost feels..strange, that he's in the team and he's a 'chance' to be a regular part of our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back