Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

[PLAYERCARD]Taylor Adams[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Player Profile:

Drafted by GWS with Pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Taylor Adams made his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season. After 31 games with the Giants the midfielder moved to Collingwood where he went on to play 10 seasons and five finals campaign for the Magpies. He joins the Sydney Swans with a wealth of experience including a Grand Final appearance in 2018. In 2020 he was named the club’s Best and Fairest and selected in the All-Australian team.

DOB: 20 Sep 1993
Draft: 2011
RECRUITED FROM: Collingwood

creates opportunities
Reminds me of a night flight from London to Jo'burg. The plane has already lost two engines. With each engine failure the pilot assures passengers but announces a further delay. An English couple are whining about the increasing delays when the captain announces "Ladies and Gentlemen we have lost a third engine. Rest assured we can continue to Johannesburg but we will now be delayed by 3 hours. The Englishman whines "If we lose another engine we'll be up here all night"

"If we keep losing mids..."

No, I'm gonna be optomistic. It'll be good to see a Kirk leading our midfield again.

Maybe some hope
Hope is we get more games out of him than we did out of Nick Daffy (2002-1 game, 5 kicks- retired).

The only good thing from the Daffy fiasco was it hastened the end of Rocket (Eade) and ushered in the Paul Roos coaching era. The trade was made worse by giving Richmond a bloody serviceable ruckman in return. We have a history of failed attempts to recycle tired players (and giving away rucks to Richmond).

Adams had better prove everyone wrong and win us two premierships at least Getting reamed by Richmond is bad enough. By Collingwood..... no way.

Hope is we get more games out of him than we did out of Nick Daffy (2002-1 game, 5 kicks- retired).

The only good thing from the Daffy fiasco was it hastened the end of Rocket (Eade) and ushered in the Paul Roos coaching era. The trade was made worse by giving Richmond a bloody serviceable ruckman in return. We have a history of failed attempts to recycle tired players (and giving away rucks to Richmond).

Adams had better prove everyone wrong and win us two premierships at least Getting reamed by Richmond is bad enough. By Collingwood..... no way.
You need to let it go now, Duck. Let it go...

Can't understand why a duck would be upset about Daffy, though?

You need to let it go now, Duck. Let it go...

Can't understand why a duck would be upset about Daffy, though?
Suffering succotash! Isn't it obvious? He brought shame on the Warner Bros legend of the same name. Daffy wasn't half the player he was quacked up to be.

If only GWS has been around to pick him up - as DUCK À L’ORANGE
(Get it? Seriously, I quack myself up sometimes)

Suffering succotash! Isn't it obvious? He brought shame on the Warner Bros legend of the same name. Daffy wasn't half the player he was quacked up to be.

If only GWS has been around to pick him up - as DUCK À L’ORANGE
(Get it? Seriously, I quack myself up sometimes)
Reminder that the Dad Jokes thread is in the Skilton Bar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor must be a ******* sook then
A bit harsh mate. Rd 1 vs pies is.probably the only thing on his mind right now. I'm tipping he won't take any risks of missing that.

Taylor must be a ******* sook then
We are gunning for a premiership. No heroics in this part of the season. Everyone who is fully fit can play. We need everyone ready and fit at the end of the season to win a premiership. If that means rests to settle any niggle so be it.

We need to employ someone full time at the club that tells them to go easy in training. Really, really frustrating.

Can't do much about an opposition player falling on your leg. None of the serious injuries have been a result of training or training related. I think our staff have done a great job this off-season with the health of the list.

It is very unfortunate to lose Adams after also losing Mills and Parker to injuries. However, we just have to deal with it and we are better placed to do so than when we lost all our KPPs at once early last year. (It's ironic though that just when we ridiculously strengthen the depth in our KPPs at the cost of somewhat thinning our midfielders the curse comes and strikes the mids.)

Anyway, I haven't watched the whole of the Brisbane match (my stream kept freezing on Thursday night and I have been away camping since) but I watched up until Adams was taken off and I have to say my first impression was disappointed. I read (more than noticed) that he was winning the most clearances and that is nothing to be sneezed at at all. So I'm grateful for that very important thing he brought to the game. But his disposal was dismal. I was not expecting it to be so disappointing. I trust it's an anomaly (you don't have his kind of success if that's typical even if you do win a lot of hard ball) and I look forward to seeing better outings but it looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit longer.

While I am appraising Adams, I want to make a point of acknowledging that he brings a lot more than just his on-field possessions. He has an outstanding attitude and work ethic, lots of experience and ideas and is bringing all that to the young players around him, and even to the coaches and other leaders. That's worth something and I'm grateful for that too.

I confess, I've never paid close attention to Taylor Adams so know next to nothing about him other than he has a reputation for being tough.

What is his playing style? Is he an in and under extractor like Parker? Run and carry like Chad? Does he have elite 2 way running like Heeney? Tackle machine? Can snag a goal or 2?
What will he bring to our midfield?

Looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Adams was running around at training today. I should have asked if he would play this weekend, he might have told me although he wouldn't have said if it would be seniors or ressies.

Adams was running around at training today. I should have asked if he would play this weekend, he might have told me although he wouldn't have said if it would be seniors or ressies.
I wouldn't think so from Longmire quote
On Taylor Adams

"
He's going well. He's going to do some training this week and see how he pulls up.

“He hasn't done a lot of training. He's done a little bit of running last week, which he was able to do in straight lines. He'll do some more change of direction running and a bit more training this week. We'll see how he pulls up. We're mindful that he wasn't able to do a lot until this week.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back