Autopsy 3 Things You Learned: Swans Vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
1. That fiesta of behinds was like the Swans of a decade ago. Seems Nick Davis must be on long-service leave.

2. Hardly an impressive win, but Melbourne have clearly started to rise from the basket they've occupied all this year.

3. We often get a rough trot from the umps but we surely can't complain about today.

1. to improve the team heading forward in the next couple of years we will need to find a new top level kpd.
2. bj overtook lamb on the pecking order.
3. can we reply on tippett to convert his opportunities under pressure in a finals game...?

I would argue our players showed a lot of arrogance today as well.

Wouldn't really agree, thought our players played quite well in general - with the exclusion of a handful - Melbourne just brought a physical game to us.

1. Melbourne appear to have turned a corner, however, we played poorly at time, especially in the last.
@ Tippet obviously didn't spend much time on his set shots on his layoff.
3. B.Jack is a gem, he looked buggered halfway through the last. Another preseason or two and he will be a good player.

1. Not the greatest win but the obvious positive was the continued good form of a few young players (B. Jack and Mitchell) while Tippett continues to show a lot and looks like a crucial player for this club going forward. Too bad about his goal kicking today, but we knew that was going to be part of the package when we got him.

2. Just not our year for injuries. ,...Reid again:( . Looking very likely we won't see anything even close to resembling our best 22 out there in 2013.

3. 17 behinds last week, 20 this week...got away with 8 points which is good, but we all know how costly it can be. Plenty of sessions in front of goal this week. Hopefully playing in a derby brings out a bit of fire, looked a little flat today....it would be hard to get up against bottom teams sometimes but percentage looks like it will be crucial come round 23.

1. Some fans jump from one extreme to the other with this side, hard for the boys to be up week after week.
2. Kennedy and tipppett need help they both had a similar problem, never have space
3. Mcveigh was pissed off today with his team mates. See parker i think it was went down the race before kennedy was there mcveigh looked fed up

Honestly don't mean to sound this in a bad way but i think some of you are being to precious and quick to jump with the "arrogance" line.

I agree but i see where the comment comes from.

The main board has a few posts starting up at times, but on the flip side opposition fans are quick to sink the boot in, someone has to stick up for them, i think on the swans part of this site it is more often than not too negative, not enough "arrogance"

1. Brandon Jack is establishing himself
2. Keiran Jack has to be leading the B&F
3. Tippett continues to make progress

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but i see where the comment comes from.

The main board has a few posts starting up at times, but on the flip side opposition fans are quick to sink the boot in, someone has to stick up for them, i think on the swans part of this site it is more often than not too negative, not enough "arrogance"

There is nothing wrong as a supporter given where the ladder stands and the gulf of quality between the sides to expect a big win against a bottom 2 team, if that is arrogance then whats the point in being a supporter?

1. Some fans jump from one extreme to the other with this side, hard for the boys to be up week after week.
2. Kennedy and tipppett need help they both had a similar problem, never have space
3. Mcveigh was pissed off today with his team mates. See parker i think it was went down the race before kennedy was there mcveigh looked fed up

not like he had a pearler, hey? I don't like that when the whole team stank it up. I thought Parker did ok...perhaps Macca could've had a go at Grundy, if anyone.

Honestly don't mean to sound this in a bad way but i think some of you are being to precious and quick to jump with the "arrogance" line.

When we have supporters slamming the team after a 30+ win, I think it's justified.

After watching the game live might not show on tv as much by live u notice it way more today
1: Tippett , Pyke , Mummy will not work way to top heavy as soon as the ball hit the ground in the backline the Dees just ran it out so easy no pressure what so ever if the dees can do that imagine what the Cats and the other top teams will do to us
2: BJ wont be going out anytime soon he and Jets can no doubt play in the same side
3 :Rohan will help our side just as much as Tippett will

1: Tippett , Pyke , Mummy will not work way to top heavy as soon as the ball hit the ground in the backline the Dees just ran it out so easy no pressure what so ever if the dees can do that imagine what the Cats and the other top teams will do to us
They needed to move better together often found themselves in each others spots, also the entry might need refining a bit if we go with this combo, more coming in higher to advantage no one expected it to work perfectly the first time, it was the right game to have a look at it.

So singling out areas where we have been poor today against a bottom 2 side is being "arrogant" ?

No, don't think I said that? As I've said repeatedly, our defence was pretty poor today.

not like he had a pearler, hey? I don't like that when the whole team stank it up. I thought Parker did ok...perhaps Macca could've had a go at Grundy, if anyone.

It was more i think mcveigh was annoyed at the attidude and parker leaving without waiting was part of that

3 things I knew already but had confirmed today

1. We are not at full strength and those board appears to think we are. Because we are not at full strength even poor teams can be competitive against us.
2. It is easy to focus on the final score as an indication of the difference between the two teams. Sometimes a better reflection is the number of scoring shots.
3. The expectations of the swans board are based on our best team playing our best footy. A better approach is to focus on the team that is out there.

3 things that I thought before the game but learned from attending
1. Pyke is quite slow around the ground and a forward line of Tippett and pyke and Tippett and mummy is very slow.
2. The emphasis on kicking long is a disadvantage to our side which actually has some players that are more than capable of leading to the ball and marking on a lead
3. Our hand passing is very good when it involves rok, macca, mal hanners, etc. when mummy is brought into it we can look a bit embarrassing and have too many in front of the ball too often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back