Autopsy 3 things you learnt v freo

Remove this Banner Ad

1.when we attack the footy like today, we look like contenders

2.buddys kicking looks a hell of a lot straighter

3.rampe is a beast, very strong and breaking tackles, excellent skills today. Great game

1. Having forwards helps. Having a forward line helps more.

2. I don't think Freo are as good this year. That game against the Hawks was not an aberration. Hawks and Geelong the clear front runners. Monday will be interesting.

3. A few spots are still open and it looks like there are some players to fill them. Our depth is not as bad as it appeared.

4. We will have scared a few in the comp. We can make the 4 on that form. Maintaining it will be the challenge of course but there will now be the odd coach looking over his shoulder.

1- Rampes attack on the football throughout the game and especially the first quarter gave us momentum going forward and him hitting targets 55m fluently was a joy to watch.
2- buddy looked a hell of a lot better tonight and really turned the game for us. With tippet back next week look out.....
3-tackling pressure...... Wow o wow we finally remembered how to tackle and pick up a ball cleanly makes a big difference.

On a side note the umpiring in the last 5min was a complete joke summed up best by the boundary umpire that dropped the ball when he went to through it in.

1. promoting youth should be encouraged
2. McGlynn is a Blood
3. Rampe is getting scarily better

1. Some players looked on this board during last week and took some of the advice offered.

2. First time this year we looked for a shorter option near F50. Didn't bomb too much.

3. We had some run.... And looked a lot better for it.

1 : If we can handle Freo pressure on a small SCG we can handle anyone

2 : Don't forget the job Laidler ( getting better every week ) did on Mayne and the Job Harry did on Hill

3 : That was the BLOODS and it looked like its back , Mcglynn set the standed from the start and back up his words during the week

3a Rampe just didn't defend tonight he attacked and might have had a break out game , his run and carry let Mal of the leash

1 - Our defense is still one of the best in the league when in sync.

2 - Our poor start has been because of effort. Full effort put in tonight and it payed off.

3 - After cutting him some slack based on effort alone, I now know that Derickx is definitely not our 2nd ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. The tackling pressure today was circa Sydney 2012, I can hardly think of many missed tackles at all. A couple of really high pressure passages of play stand out today with both teams cracking in and finally we emerged with the footy from both.

2. So much improvement required/left in our disposal. I'm hopeful that the short sharp chains of under-pressure handballing that was a trademark of 2012 will come back to our game in all it's former glory. Some good signs of it in our defensive 50 today.

3. Getting Tippett in as second ruck when fit in place Derickx will give us so much more flexibility. We'll finally have an option when Buddy is up the ground or resting, and it'll allow us to contest the long relieving kick to a pack up the ground or along the boundary far more effectively.

1. Laidler - quiet achiever
2. Shaw needs to go, his turnovers are killing us
3. LRT- worst haircut I've ever seen

1. Freo fans are cry babies. How they can blame umpiring for that result is beyond my comprehension
2. Hanners and McVeigh are capable of good games so: a) They have no excuse for the first 4 games and; b) They better continue to play like that
3. When Tippett comes back in, Buddy will be an absolute star for us

1. Rampe is STRONG. The way he stood up and broke through those tackles was Archer-esque.
2. It's good to know Franklin can put a frustrating half of footy behind him and pull out some magic. The more he does it, the greater his confidence will be.
3. Richards still has it.

1. No idea where this performance came from but it reminded me the way we played in the GF, if we put half the effort of tonight against GWS we would of won.
2. Mcglynn was back to his kamikaze best he was just incredible, Rampe produced a game i didn't think he was capable off the confidence the dare and the dash!
3. The defence and midfield were incredible tonight long may it continue.

1. Weather is a factor for us it just is what it is..!
2. Keep playing youth...energy and enthusiasm is contagious
3 . But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater....some experience really stood up tonight

1. Mglynn looked sensational today. Can anyone name another player that attacks every contest as ferocious as he does.

2.it appears Grundy has been spoken to about his disposal, very quick to dish hands off today and when he did have to kick he was very careful

3.jake Lloyd looks like a swan , when he first came on, he was in every contest and at the bottom of packs. He seemed a bit cautious with his disposal but that's to be expected being his first game. Definately should get a gig next week

3. LRT- worst haircut I've ever seen

What about Davis...well I think it was him with the small dead animal on his head.

I felt sorry for him. The hipsters in the crowd looked better.

1. We are clearly a dry weather side, what a difference to last week
2. Rampe brilliant
3. I feel a string of wins coming up (at least 2 anyway :))

1. Defence was sublime early keeping us in a match that Freo seemed to be winning on recent reputation until the hard work and belief became obvious.

2. Nick Smith keeping the rat quiet. Had a few bad kicks but he took that dangerous scalp today.

3. Relentless pressure football releasing to outside runners something I've not seen to that level in a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back