Autopsy 3 things you learnt v freo

Remove this Banner Ad

(How high? From where we were in the Victor Trumper, Freo's run-on banner appeared to read:

WE WEAR PURPLE
WE WEAR WHITE
WE ARE FRED
LET'S SHOW SOME FIGHT)

Do you mean the Noble/Bradman stands? Because those words were written facing those stands and the only way you would have seen them from the Trumper is on the big screen and/or you have X-Ray vision.

10290643_10152960269412814_3866332265124330036_n.jpg

1. Agree
2. Shaw was solid today. His turnovers were small compared to a lot of good play. Hard to pick on anyone in defence this game.
3. Lloyd.

If Shaw had an opposite foot he would be an absolute gun, too often he uses his right foot when unbalanced, out of position he either has to turn into trouble or he kicks it off the outside of his foot. He would be the easiest opponent to play against for a player with footy smarts you will always know what way he is gonna go, maybe that's why we have a few lookalikes to confuse the opposition? It still amazes me how anyone can play senior football at the highest level these days without at least a semi functional opposite foot.

Great job is overstating it, I think. He nearly took that game over with some of his efforts. I can't blame anyone for allowing it to happen, he's just a ******* beast. That run of efforts on the O'Reilly wing when he beat two of our guys (IIRC Grundy and McGlynn) to win a contested ball and then 10 seconds later take a contested mark to retain possession for Freo was quite outstanding. He, Pavich and Mundy did their best to drag Freo back to level pegging but we just had too many contributors over the course of four quarters for them to overcome.

a player like fyfe is always going to do a few amazing things in a match, hes too talented to completely shut down. i was more refering to the physical pressure they put on him, riding him into the ground in tackles etc. fyfe could have been the difference between the two sides on the night, the fact that he wasnt suggests that we at leas quelled his output

Great job is overstating it, I think. He nearly took that game over with some of his efforts. I can't blame anyone for allowing it to happen, he's just a ******* beast. That run of efforts on the O'Reilly wing when he beat two of our guys (IIRC Grundy and McGlynn) to win a contested ball and then 10 seconds later take a contested mark to retain possession for Freo was quite outstanding. He, Pavich and Mundy did their best to drag Freo back to level pegging but we just had too many contributors over the course of four quarters for them to overcome.

a player like fyfe is always going to do a few amazing things in a match, hes too talented to completely shut down. i was more refering to the physical pressure they put on him, riding him into the ground in tackles etc. fyfe could have been the difference between the two sides on the night, the fact that he wasnt suggests that we at leas quelled his output

I thought Fyfe was contained as well as you could. He is amazing. Last year I had the impression that Freo had a very even list but after that game I wonder if their bottom 6 are good enough for a flag.

1. We were smashed in the ruck contests but were able to win the ball back from open play through a high tackle count which makes up for ruck deficiencies.

2. Picking players in the right position (i.e. Mitchell and O'Keefe are midfielders but not quick enough as crumbing forwards so B Jack deserves his chance) helps.

3. Massive room for improvement from a skill perspective (first half was average although improved in the second half).

Just watched the tape of the game on telly.

5. Barry Hall needs to raise his commentating voice a good half an octave. Gets completely buried by the crowd noise.

6. People knocking the haircuts of Rampe, J-LLo and LRT obviously didn't see Nick Davis's latest abomination. Looked like a skunk carcass precariously balanced on his scone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back