3 Things You Would Ask AFL CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Why is the AFL such a shambles? Why can’t it be run well like Cricket, NRL, AOC ... oh wait :oops:

2. Why are there always teams that finish around the bottom of the ladder? Like Gold Coast for example, they’re such an embarrassment. Have you ever thought about just shutting down any team that finishes bottom 4? :drunk:

3. Why is AFL such a money grabbing enterprise? Have you thought about letting people into games for free? Getting rid of all that unsightly advertising? Showing all games on free-to-air? Sure, it would mean the competition would go back to being amateur, the players would need day jobs, and games would be played on cow paddocks, but hey, why not? If it was good enough in 1858 then it’s good enough today :rolleyes:

1) Are you prepared to categorically rule out a stand-alone Tasmanian or NT team coming into the AFL in the next 20 years?

2) What is the biggest threat to the growth/prosperity of the AFL in the next 10 years?

3) What will it take for you to make the hard call and get rid of the annoying shitty AusKick kids and their dumb hats in the GF presentation?

Ignore the sychophants.

1. Why are you a pompous out of touch private school beta enabler?

2. On a scale of 'rip off my finger nails' to 'tear my sack off'. How bad is the next Gill endorsed professional corporation fluffer going to be?

Pretty easy.
What the **** are you doing??!?
Why the **** are you doing it??!?
Can you **** off??!?

The AFL is the best administrated sporting code in the country. By. A. Long. Way.

NRL? Wannabes
Cricket? Hahaha! Show me that ethics centre report :)
AOC? Ditto.

So serious question: With the competition in such good shape, why all the hate for the AFL CEO?

This thread should be sent to Gollum and AFL headquarters as well as every media outlet for nationwide distribution

The people are demanding answers

Which of these three are more important to have eradicated from the AFL industry?
1. Current television commentators of AFL (in particular those who are previous players and have no idea how to professionally commentate a game).
2. The score review system
3. Ross Lyon and/or Paul Roos

1) Is career success and financial wealth as satisfying as you expected?

2) Do you still dream of bigger things or are you content with the personal success and social status you have already achieved?

3) Did you receive support from friends and family all the way along your path, or were there envious losers who tried to chop you down at every turn?

Every question people can think of asking revolves around this 1 question if you ask me.

Most not-for-profit enterprises prioritize commercialization above all else. They wouldn’t be able to be sustainable if they didn’t.

Think of an NFP, any NFP ... how do you know about them? Think about how much money goes into that marketing / advertising campaign for you to know about them? Think about where the money comes from to fund that advertising campaign.

NFP simply means that there are no dividends distributed to shareholders. In most other respects they’re just like any other company - including having folks at the top being paid $$$.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell is happening on the Gold Coast?

Where is the AFL looking to Expand to?

Can I take your job?

CEO is just a salesman of an organisatuon, no point in asking questions.

That depends on the motivation to ask questions ...

... if it’s to dream up that ‘gotcha’ question where the CEO says “OK, OK, you got me, I’m stepping down effectively immediately. Dang, and to think I would have gotten away with my darstardly plan if it weren’t for you!” ... as most folks in this thread seem to want to do ... then yeah, not likely. And as you say, not much point.

But if the motivation is for us punters to gain knowledge from the person at the top of the organisation ... then there absolutely is a point.

Will you resign immediately and let Melbourne hero Trolley Man take over your job

A serious question.

In announcing the MCG GF extension at the beginning of the year with basically no consultation, and then negotiating the details and only signing the contract recently, were you looking to silence public debate on the matter?

1. Can you stop changing the rules every year?
2. Can you please stop changing the rules every year?
3. Can you pretty please stop changing the rules every year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back