3 Way trade (Port/GC/Geel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop is a free agent, so the only way Port would do this is if whatever picks we were sending to GC were less valuable than the Jackson Trengove free agency compo. Other than that, could work.
This might be why they are looking to trade him in instead of picking him up as a FA? So that you still get a Trengove pick... from a my point of view, I would prefer to keep Motlop than trade in Ablett, if we were to give up Motlop AND a pick for Ablett I think that is crazy.

Motlop is 100% at Port next season
Makes Dangerfield's question/statement to Motlop when he took over 'Roaming Brian's' microphone after the Sydney game all the more interesting... For those who missed it, Dangerfield said to Motlop something along the lines of "You don't mind Adelaide do you?", and Motlop replied that he doesn't mind it as he has family there that he visits. It seemed like a totally random comment...

• Banned
Makes Dangerfield's question/statement to Motlop when he took over 'Roaming Brian's' microphone after the Sydney game all the more interesting... For those who missed it, Dangerfield said to Motlop something along the lines of "You don't mind Adelaide do you?", and Motlop replied that he doesn't mind it as he has family there that he visits. It seemed like a totally random comment...

Don't forget his brother played at the Club also

I heard there would be a 3 way trade between these 3 a few weeks back. It would require much more from all teams than this and Motlop won't be traded Geelong will rely on his compensation to go for other players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be why they are looking to trade him in instead of picking him up as a FA? So that you still get a Trengove pick... from a my point of view, I would prefer to keep Motlop than trade in Ablett, if we were to give up Motlop AND a pick for Ablett I think that is crazy.

Fair, but given his free agency status, if Motlop does want out you wouldn’t be ‘giving up’ Motlop, you’d be giving up the compo pick that you would have received for him.

Fair, but given his free agency status, if Motlop does want out you wouldn’t be ‘giving up’ Motlop, you’d be giving up the compo pick that you would have received for him.
Maybe. The question is, is Motlop looking to move club, or is Geelong forcing him out the door? From all I have heard it is the latter, therefore Geelong is 'giving up' Motlop, not Motlop 'giving up' Geelong. My wish? Motlop to stay at Geelong, but it is looking increasingly unlikely...

Motlop is a free agent, so the only way Port would do this is if whatever picks we were sending to GC were less valuable than the Jackson Trengove free agency compo. Other than that, could work.

I reckon port only do if trengove would get them first round compo (which i doubt) otherwise they would just take motlop as FA.

I also think GC would want more than ah chee (given he is uncontracted and a fringe player) for ablett but geel wouldnt give more than motlop/motlop compo for ablett so port would have to send a pick or another player with ah chee to GC i think.

I reckon port only do if trengove would get them first round compo (which i doubt) otherwise they would just take motlop as FA.

I also think GC would want more than ah chee (given he is uncontracted and a fringe player) for ablett but geel wouldnt give more than motlop/motlop compo for ablett so port would have to send a pick or another player with ah chee to GC i think.

Yeah, that was basically my point. If Port get offered #19 for Trengove, maybe they’re willing to send #29 to GC to get this deal done and keep the Trengove pick. But if Port only get offered #30, may as well just take Motlop as an FA.

Yeah as other posters have mentioned Port have no need to trade a player and a draft pick for Motlop, a free agent who Geelong appear all too willing to let go.

Only reason Port would trade is to keep the Trengove compo pick. If it's a 2nd round why would Port trade ah chee and a second round to keep a second round pick?

If it was ch chee and our third it doesn't make much sense either. Gc wouldn't be interested in our 3rd and we aren't giving up even a tiny bit more than that.

This whole trade suggestion appears to be a fanciful way of fulfilling Geelong wish to bring back Ablett

Also, if this was a real rumour I would suggest that it's quite possible there is another Gold Coast name the poster hasn't mentioned, one worth port trading for and coming to port to join Hinkley. Having said that we don't need to get involved with Ablett to Geelong mess unless it benefits us.

Yeah as other posters have mentioned Port have no need to trade a player and a draft pick for Motlop, a free agent who Geelong appear all too willing to let go.

Only reason Port would trade is to keep the Trengove compo pick. If it's a 2nd round why would Port trade ah chee and a second round to keep a second round pick?

If it was ch chee and our third it doesn't make much sense either. Gc wouldn't be interested in our 3rd and we aren't giving up even a tiny bit more than that.

This whole trade suggestion appears to be a fanciful way of fulfilling Geelong wish to bring back Ablett

Also, if this was a real rumour I would suggest that it's quite possible there is another Gold Coast name the poster hasn't mentioned, one worth port trading for and coming to port to join Hinkley. Having said that we don't need to get involved with Ablett to Geelong mess unless it benefits us.
Rumor started by a Melbourne supporter, not Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back