Player Watch #30 Alex Neal-Bullen - signed to 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didn't get to see the game last weekend (probably a good thing) but just wondering how ANB went in his debut?

I see he got 11 touches but for those who watched, how'd he go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked overawed. Slow to dispose of it, looked panicked in possession and got caught a couple of times holding the ball.

He ran hard tho, and didn't drop his head.

He is, however, one of a myriad of younger players we have coming thru who is of a good size and is able to win his own ball, which is an innate ability you can't teach.

Hoping he holds his spot vs Cats and gets another crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked overawed. Slow to dispose of it, looked panicked in possession and got caught a couple of times holding the ball.

He is, however, one of a myriad of younger players we have coming thru who is of a good size and is able to win his own ball, which is an innate ability you can't teach.

Would take him and stretch over Bail and M.Jones any day.

Pretty much this

I've heard that he has been compared to Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd etc so I don't expect to see his best for quite a while

Cheers mate. Sounds promising although a long, long way from the finished product.

Agreed, would like to see him get another game this weekend.

Needs to be at his very best this weekend or he won't be playing the following week. #makeorbreak

Wasn't best on ground is his debut match. Delist this minute.

I mean how many more failed draftees will we have to put up with?!?

Did I Melbourne right?

So sick of new draftees. No more talk of 'potential'. It's nauseating how ageist the AFL really is. All the clubs are fixated on the next 'hot, young thing' coming through. They just want to get their grubby hands on them, and a lot of these kids aren't even 18 yet. Socially-acceptable lecherism. There are so many amazing players out there 35+ who are just waiting for an opportunity. Give Carey, Dunstall, Rob Harvey and Koutafides a call - they were amazing players. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

#Rosterbating
#StopObjectifyingTheKids
#WeWantOldPeople

got caught a couple of times holding the ball.
I swear all of those times though he was simply at the end of a terrible handball chain which was going to result in whoever was at the end of it, no matter how good they were, being caught HtB.

Played about as well as you'd expect from any first game midfielder, let along a first gamer coming off of a limited preseason. Saw enough in terms of covering the ground and approaching the contest to think that he'll come on faster than Toumpas. Just needs to pick up the pace of the game.

I'd have him as sub this week. To see if he can come on with fresh legs and find a bit of time and space with the ball. If he does ok then he can have a full game next week again.

From all his junior career and attributes he really looks like a midfielder or maybe a half back once adapted to the speed of the game rather than a half forward. He's one of several (Riley is another) filling in at half forward whilst we are missing our natural half forward types. Neal-Bullen does have the fitness to become a defensive half forward I guess but it's probably not a role for a first year kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear all of those times though he was simply at the end of a terrible handball chain which was going to result in whoever was at the end of it, no matter how good they were, being caught HtB.

Played about as well as you'd expect from any first game midfielder, let along a first gamer coming off of a limited preseason. Saw enough in terms of covering the ground and approaching the contest to think that he'll come on faster than Toumpas. Just needs to pick up the pace of the game.
Lol, just lol, mate, he's cooked, that one game was soft and he couldn't even BOG. Time to cut our losses and play a new kid this week :thumbsu:

Lol, just lol, mate, he's cooked, that one game was soft and he couldn't even BOG. Time to cut our losses and play a new kid this week :thumbsu:

* off you campaigner! Stupid unaccountable soft play doesnt matter to me cause im a demons big footy poster. It was his ******* best game for the club so it must mean he is good! I even gave him the most votes last week in 426 despite him not being best on ground! You stupid campaigner.

Last edited:
**** off you campaigner! Stupid unaccountable soft play doesnt matter to me cause im a demons big footy poster. It was his ******* best game for the club so it must mean he is good! I even gave him the most votes last week in 426 despite him not being best on ground! Stupid campaigner.
Soft big footy poster just like our youth, I use to play AFL Live at a pretty high level so I know soft when I see it. Kid has no future as a football :(

And did the Bull even play basketball as a jr? Why would we draft him if he didn't even play basketball.

Soft big footy poster just like our youth, I use to play AFL Live at a pretty high level so I know soft when I see it. Kid has no future as a football .:(

And did the Bull even play basketball as a jr? Why would we draft him if he didn't even play basketball.

I can't handle someone else being me.

(hint: use campaigner and * a lot more to emphasise your rage at said inexpierenced player)

This is like watching someone trying to play Tony Montana who's name isn't Al Pacino.

I can't handle someone else being me.

(hint: use campaigner and **** a lot more to emphasise your rage at said inexpierenced player)

This is like watching someone trying to play Tony Montana who's name isn't Al Pacino.
But he's already played a senior game campaigner, inexperienced? *, do you want to gift him a 2nd ******* game in the 1s at the expense of someone with a future? :footy::rainbow:

Hopefully the kid can have a bit more impact in his next game, pretty hard to tell after his first game if he'll go alright :thumbsu::fire:

But he's already played a senior game campaigner, inexperienced? ****, do you want to gift him a 2nd ******* game in the 1s at the expense of someone with a future? :footy::rainbow:

Hopefully the kid can have a bit more impact in his next game, pretty hard to tell after his first game if he'll go alright :thumbsu::fire:

Better, but even I know we have no one in the magoo's with a future. :(

Didn't Seymour Skinner say such in front of the Scorpions last week?

'Silence Plappy, you and I both know these players have no future'

Didn't Seymour Skinner say such in front of the Scorpions last week?

'Silence Plappy, you and I both know these players have no future'

"Prove me wrong!"

Soft big footy poster just like our youth, I use to play AFL Live at a pretty high level so I know soft when I see it. Kid has no future as a football :(

Excellent, excellent post hahaaaa! :straining:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back