Player Watch #30 Alex Neal-Bullen - signed to 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Great analysis and we'll highlighted.

Every fanbase is going to have their maligned players, and typically it is these type of role players who fall into that category.

ANB has always done so much right without the ball, his issues have been with ball in hand. But he seems to be another who's improved on the back of speciality training with Williams, as he is kicking the ball better and seems to be a lot more assured ball in hand now.
I will agree with this, he's also hitting the right age bracket now. A few years ago I found him so frustrating but need to remember he was only about 20/21 at the time still very raw.

Game 100 and probably the best game I can remember him playing. Has become a really valuable link man/pressure forward who can impact around the stoppage and give some real dash.

Best in the team with ball I hand going inside 50. A fantastic game nibbler and well done on the 100th game.

Part of our leadership group, and looking forward to many more years of Nibbler playing a pivotal role up forward.

Years ago I ran nightclubs. A few of the Melbourne boys used to frequent my place fairly often. They would come and line up in the VIP line and I’d pop out and bring them past the queue. One night there was a bigger group than normal - Watts leading the charge as per + Bernie after he’d just come over from Adelaide was always in good form as well as 7 or 8 other blokes. I ticked them off one by one until the last young guy I didn’t recognise - do you play for the Dees too, I asked

“Yes! I’m Alex Beil Nullen” he squeeked, went bright red before correcting himself. Watts couldn’t stop laughing.

I’ve watched him closely ever since and at times didn’t think he would make it, but last night I think he finally arrived.

Years ago I ran nightclubs. A few of the Melbourne boys used to frequent my place fairly often. They would come and line up in the VIP line and I’d pop out and bring them past the queue. One night there was a bigger group than normal - Watts leading the charge as per + Bernie after he’d just come over from Adelaide was always in good form as well as 7 or 8 other blokes. I ticked them off one by one until the last young guy I didn’t recognise - do you play for the Dees too, I asked

“Yes! I’m Alex Beil Nullen” he squeeked, went bright red before correcting himself. Watts couldn’t stop laughing.

I’ve watched him closely ever since and at times didn’t think he would make it, but last night I think he finally arrived.
Funny cause he's probably the most well spoken at the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 1 for tackles inside 50 in the AFL, and another five last night. Playing his role perfectly, and seems to have become a real leader in the forward half.

Good s**t, Nibs.

Number 1 for tackles inside 50 in the AFL, and another five last night. Playing his role perfectly, and seems to have become a real leader in the forward half.

Good sh*t, Nibs.
Number 1! And people still think he should be dropped 😂

Think he has taken a while as he arrived as an inside mid and didn't really have the attributes you'd expect from a forward. Has worked hard on his game and improved significantly, his work rate & pressure is very important and has improved his decision making and disposal significantly.

Didn't think he would make it tbh, good on him.

Good sh*t, Nibs.
Insane.

High half forward is a hard enough position to play. But providing immense tackling pressure every single would be taxing on the body.

This is why he is seriously underrated externally when you see numbers like that. His mental capacity must be through the roof.

Good sh*t, Nibs.

He's easily the hardest worker in our side. Doesn't he cover more ground than almost anyone in the comp?

He's easily the hardest worker in our side. Doesn't he cover more ground than almost anyone in the comp?
Him, Langdon and Brayshaw cover a lot of ground IIRC

Has frustrated the hell out of me over the journey but last night perfectly encapsulated what he's become. Here's to many more seasons of that Nibs.

What a year he's had.

His composure last night; our backs(both sides' backs really) felt the pressure but when Nibbler got it he was taking his time, evading tackles, using it well...really good effort by him. Rotated through the middle at times too, which is pretty handy for a guy who makes his money running as hard as he can.

Ends the year 1st in the league for tackles inside 50. 15 snags, 16 goal assists, 4 inside fifties a game...props Nibbler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back