Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough as teak, knows where to run (footy nouse in spades), and is a natural runner.

I fail to understand why anyone would hold the slightest negative position on what Bailey could projectively become in time based on what we've seen.

The fact the bloke loves the club and will be following in his father's footsteps is a gigantic bonus!

Future leader IMO.

Great post TT but [cut and paste Luke McDonald draft profile] came to mind.

No disrespect to Luke who isn't a disaster but hopefully Bailey's trajectory can more closely match his promise.

I fail to understand why anyone would hold the slightest negative position on what Bailey could projectively become in time based on what we've seen.

You must be new around here.

I know I haven’t been around here too long but why is it that I find Mr The Ziebull’s posts captivating and friggin hilarious?
I also believe he is very harshly spoken to and much maligned [emoji23

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ever met a kid who believes something that is blatantly wrong and or overstates something to the point of doing your head in, but you can't say s**t to them because they're a kid and don't know better?

Well tZ is an adult.

one of many favourite moments from the 96 GF
as I remember we were down and Lockett choked then we got going
possibly after Kingy stomped on one of their blokes heads
R Scott in the middle tackles one guy, tackles another guy and then tackles a third guy
if Junior is made of that stuff will not be dropped once he gets in

Ever met a kid who believes something that is blatantly wrong and or overstates something to the point of doing your head in, but you can't say s**t to them because they're a kid and don't know better?

Well tZ is an adult.

Lol
I get your drift, I happen to have a tZ, in my family
Whenever things get real bad I start singing
“He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother” from the Hollies.
It helps me calm down and puts things in perspective
And in our case, tZ IS our brother

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Allies-Bailey-Scott-2.jpg

Height: 186cm
Weight: 74kg

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “A versatile midfielder who works hard around the ground and is a neat user of the ball."

OVERVIEW

Bailey Scott has been on the radar for a few years now, he impressed playing for the Allies last year as a bottom ager where he was able to hit the scoreboard playing mostly on a forward flank. Scott’s permanent move into a midfield role was seamless and he was rewarded for his good form in the NAB AFL Under 18 All Australian Team named in the forward line, Scott was a constant ball winner both inside and outside the contest for the Allies and was a worthy selection as an all Australian. Scott had multiple choices for an AFL team being tied to the Gold Coast academy as well as being a father son prospect for both Geelong and North Melbourne, he would eventually nominate North Melbourne where he will look to build up his light frame playing for their VFL team, he also got to train with the club during the off-season so his transition into their training program should be seamless and North Melbourne’s fans should be excited about this well spoken and driven young man.

STRENGTHS

• Clean Hands
  • Skills
  • Versatility
  • Scoreboard Impact
  • Ball Winning
  • Leadership
Scott is a natural footballer and it shows, he doesn’t fumble with his hands amongst the cleanest in this years draft, he can pick up the ball below his knees with ease and quickly get his arms up to release with a clean handball with helps him in winning the ball in close. He doesn’t have a big frame so he mostly plays on the outside but when he does go in he shows good stoppage craft and you can see him being the type of player that has a good mix of inside and outside ability. Scott has a good kicking action which is usually well weighted and rarely erratic, his skill level in general is neat and tidy where he rarely tries to over exert himself or pick the dangerous option. His kicking consistency can improve further, but when he is “on” he uses it well and can be damaging to opposition teams.

Scott is a hard worker around the ground and he will push to defence to help out the defenders and when forward he will lead up at the ball where he shows to be surprisingly solid overhead. Scott is a good finisher in front of goal with a good technique with both set shots and on the run, he is a player that will win plenty of the ball and you can be comfortable he wont make a wrong choice or turn the ball over.

IMPROVEMENTS

• Consistency
  • Size
Scott doesn’t have many glaring improvements. What he needs to work on is just overall consistency, because his kicking for example can be a joy to watch at times, whereas other times, he can make mistakes by foot. He has floated in and out of games at times, which is all part of the learning process, and spend the great deal . of his National Under 18 Championships on the outside as a wing or forward. Scott is still lightly framed and he will need to build his strength up to have an impact at AFL level, he is a nice height so when he does get the strength he should be able to hold his own at stoppages at AFL level. Added bulk shouldn’t effect his game since his playing style does not really rely on being wiry or speedy, added bulk can only be a positive to compliment the way Scott plays.

DRAFT PROJECTION: Second round

SUMMARY

Bailey Scott is one of the most well rounded footballers in this draft with his skill set, ball winning ability, scoreboard impact and developing body make him an exciting prospect for North Melbourne fans, Scott is proven to be a hard worker with a likeable character who is expected to work hard to eventually become one of North Melbourne’s more promising midfielders along with fellow Allies teammate Tarryn Thomas. Scott has had two years of good form on his side where his consistency and skill level should see him getting bid on in the second Round where North Melbourne would be happy to match, if it all clicks for Scott North Melbourne should have a future goal kicking midfielder capable of playing anywhere if needed.

It's missing "drinking capacity" in the Strengths list. We need as many turn offs as possible.

He looks to me as though he may also disappoint the resident facial hair enthusiasts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a very good feeling about Bailey. Reckon him and LDU will form a great centre square partnership.

It'll be a while before Bailey becomes a centre square player mate, but I can see them in partnership in 5+ years time.

Allies-Bailey-Scott-2.jpg

Height: 186cm
Weight: 74kg

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “A versatile midfielder who works hard around the ground and is a neat user of the ball."

OVERVIEW

Bailey Scott has been on the radar for a few years now, he impressed playing for the Allies last year as a bottom ager where he was able to hit the scoreboard playing mostly on a forward flank. Scott’s permanent move into a midfield role was seamless and he was rewarded for his good form in the NAB AFL Under 18 All Australian Team named in the forward line, Scott was a constant ball winner both inside and outside the contest for the Allies and was a worthy selection as an all Australian. Scott had multiple choices for an AFL team being tied to the Gold Coast academy as well as being a father son prospect for both Geelong and North Melbourne, he would eventually nominate North Melbourne where he will look to build up his light frame playing for their VFL team, he also got to train with the club during the off-season so his transition into their training program should be seamless and North Melbourne’s fans should be excited about this well spoken and driven young man.

STRENGTHS

• Clean Hands
  • Skills
  • Versatility
  • Scoreboard Impact
  • Ball Winning
  • Leadership
Scott is a natural footballer and it shows, he doesn’t fumble with his hands amongst the cleanest in this years draft, he can pick up the ball below his knees with ease and quickly get his arms up to release with a clean handball with helps him in winning the ball in close. He doesn’t have a big frame so he mostly plays on the outside but when he does go in he shows good stoppage craft and you can see him being the type of player that has a good mix of inside and outside ability. Scott has a good kicking action which is usually well weighted and rarely erratic, his skill level in general is neat and tidy where he rarely tries to over exert himself or pick the dangerous option. His kicking consistency can improve further, but when he is “on” he uses it well and can be damaging to opposition teams.

Scott is a hard worker around the ground and he will push to defence to help out the defenders and when forward he will lead up at the ball where he shows to be surprisingly solid overhead. Scott is a good finisher in front of goal with a good technique with both set shots and on the run, he is a player that will win plenty of the ball and you can be comfortable he wont make a wrong choice or turn the ball over.

IMPROVEMENTS

• Consistency
  • Size
Scott doesn’t have many glaring improvements. What he needs to work on is just overall consistency, because his kicking for example can be a joy to watch at times, whereas other times, he can make mistakes by foot. He has floated in and out of games at times, which is all part of the learning process, and spend the great deal . of his National Under 18 Championships on the outside as a wing or forward. Scott is still lightly framed and he will need to build his strength up to have an impact at AFL level, he is a nice height so when he does get the strength he should be able to hold his own at stoppages at AFL level. Added bulk shouldn’t effect his game since his playing style does not really rely on being wiry or speedy, added bulk can only be a positive to compliment the way Scott plays.

DRAFT PROJECTION: Second round

SUMMARY

Bailey Scott is one of the most well rounded footballers in this draft with his skill set, ball winning ability, scoreboard impact and developing body make him an exciting prospect for North Melbourne fans, Scott is proven to be a hard worker with a likeable character who is expected to work hard to eventually become one of North Melbourne’s more promising midfielders along with fellow Allies teammate Tarryn Thomas. Scott has had two years of good form on his side where his consistency and skill level should see him getting bid on in the second Round where North Melbourne would be happy to match, if it all clicks for Scott North Melbourne should have a future goal kicking midfielder capable of playing anywhere if needed.

How much royalties did you get for writing that article? Must've been a bit considering I got $50 for the term "well rounded".

How much royalties did you get for writing that article? Must've been a bit considering I got $50 for the term "well rounded".

Yeah, I did happen to notice a few similarities mate.:D

LDU
Simpkin
TT
Scott

The foundations of our next generation midfield are looking promising.

LDU
Simpkin
TT
Scott

Add McKay, Larkey, Ahern, Anderson, Dumont, Murphy, McDonald, Turner, Vickers-Willis, Walker & Zurhaar.

But yeah, our footy department is rubbish.:rolleyes:

LDU
Simpkin
TT
Scott

I hope that Waussie 's fulla Kyron Hayden can play a role in that too - he's the kind of brick shithouse a modern midfield needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back