Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Having done lots of interviews over the years, this really impresses me.

He's nervous, and has a few tics (obviously!) but he gets his messages across articulately, and because he understands what he's meant to be doing for the team, is helps him overcome the nerves.

I reckon the coaches would love him, he'd be really easy to coach.

As I said prior to the draft. There is really no downside with this kid. All upside.

His speed has really impressed me, I thought he tested quite average for that at draft camp?

Has that real long striding running style like Isaac Smith. Could see him being a player in that mould but with a lot harder edge.

Lots to like about him.
Just looked at his stats. Forgot that he's a genuine clearance winner. Won 4.5 a game in the div 1 Champs. He really has all the tools to be a complete midfielder. Will be up to him for how good he wants to be.

After watching all his under 18 vision prior to the draft I never thought Scott was this quick. He looked lightning in our intra club.
Pleasently surprised. With Polec Dumont Hall all elite wingers now adding in a Scott is giving us some good outside run to go with our inside bulls. List management has been on point. Although gaff would have been nice too 😉

sometimes you just get a feeling that a young player would give up his kidney to make the grade
I reckon this guy has that in spades
Totally with you on that.

When I first saw him in the champs last year I immediately thought bulletproof. Speed, stamina, determination, neat skills, excellent in the contest.

Bulletproof.

what's the knock on young Bailey ? Why did he slide to pick #49? He looks every bit a gun in the making and I haven't heard a single bad word about him

Other clubs would have identified other players in the knowledge we would be picking him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the Scott family.. what’s young Darby like?? If he is any good, you’d have to think we’d be in box seat to get him to nominate us so he can play with his brother.

Just on the Scott family.. what’s young Darby like?? If he is any good, you’d have to think we’d be in box seat to get him to nominate us so he can play with his brother.
Apparently on our radar.

Will just get better and better. Looking forward to watching him for many years.

He’s smart and knows how to get the ball.

He’s quick with a huge engine.

When he puts on 5-10kg of lean muscle he’s going to be an elite wingman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back