Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Great observation.

Arch gets recognition for his work on that day, but IMO, the most insanely courageous moment of the day was when Laidley stood under a high ball with Plugger bearing down on him (2nd quarter?), and Lockett should be commended for not trying to kill him.

He was an incredibly courageous footballer for his frame..

Plugger did appear to grip his face in what looked like a momentary eye gouge though.

Back on topic,,,,,,, Bailey Scott in the fullness of time will be better than Nick Blakey! Just felt compelled to make that statement.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
upload_2018-11-7_23-54-3.png

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North Melbourne are keen for Nagle who won Best and Fairest for Sandringham Dragons and didnt get picked up last year from being in year 12, so he might be a chance really would like to see it happen there only might be the slimmest of chances but this kid deserves it I mean he never got the recognition at Sandy maybe because of the school he went to but top numbers in the club with the like of the Brayshaws and Constable. I reckon even if it's the last rookie spot give him a crack

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
North Melbourne are keen for Nagle who won Best and Fairest for Sandringham Dragons and didnt get picked up last year from being in year 12, so he might be a chance really would like to see it happen there only might be the slimmest of chances but this kid deserves it I mean he never got the recognition at Sandy maybe because of the school he went to but top numbers in the club with the like of the Brayshaws and Constable. I reckon even if it's the last rookie spot give him a crack

Good luck Geordie.

Roobound

Club Legend
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Aug 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alot of people rate Bailey Scott quite high. Iv watched all his tapes recently, were defiantly getting a solid kid here, has leadership qualities also.

And has a tough buzz cut. Very happy he chose us.

Of all the things he does lm mostly impressed that he very rarely fumbles & is a great offloader in traffic.

You can't go into the centre square if you have bad hands....kids a natural.

Last edited:
BAILEY SCOTT

Gold Coast Academy

H: 186cm W: 64kg

Bloodline: Son of former Geelong and North Melbourne midfielder-forward Robert Scott, who played over 100 games for each club and won a premiership with the Kangaroos in 1996.

What he’s got: Midfielder who has a good mix of inside and outside play, can win a clearance and kick a goal. Picked the Roos as his choice of club, turning his back on nominating as an academy player for the Suns or a father-son at the Cats.

Kevin Sheehan says: “He’s very footy smart, reading off hands, crumbing goals. He averaged over 20 disposals and starred for the Gold Coast Suns so he’s really had a terrific development year.”

Draft Range: 20-40. Expect him to get to the Kangaroos.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think 20-25 is almost certain.

I wouldn’t rule out a surprise bid 15-20 either.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
BAILEY SCOTT

Gold Coast Academy

H: 186cm W: 64kg

Bloodline: Son of former Geelong and North Melbourne midfielder-forward Robert Scott, who played over 100 games for each club and won a premiership with the Kangaroos in 1996.

What he’s got: Midfielder who has a good mix of inside and outside play, can win a clearance and kick a goal. Picked the Roos as his choice of club, turning his back on nominating as an academy player for the Suns or a father-son at the Cats.

Kevin Sheehan says: “He’s very footy smart, reading off hands, crumbing goals. He averaged over 20 disposals and starred for the Gold Coast Suns so he’s really had a terrific development year.”

Draft Range: 20-40. Expect him to get to the Kangaroos.

Needs to put on some serious weight

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Can't see it mate.

They didn't with Hall, and we were willing to let Swallow go for nix.

Agreed. No club on the rebuild like they are is going to burn bridges. They might need us in the next few years.

Palpatine

Premium Gold
Jun 9, 2010
Launceston
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Kentucky Wildcats
Some of these measurements listed are surely from when they were bottom age U18s? Something the AFL needs to improve on. How hard is to release the correct height and weight of draft prospects and current AFL players data to the public?
Fox appears to have a more recent listing on their site.
Scott: 186, 73
Thomas: 188, 82

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Some of these measurements listed are surely from when they were bottom age U18s? Something the AFL needs to improve on. How hard is to release the correct height and weight of draft prospects and current AFL players data to the public?
Fox appears to have a more recent listing on their site.
Scott: 186, 73
Thomas: 188, 82

I can confirm these are current.

We're taken at draft camp.

Thomas has put on around 10kg's since pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
That is huge considering his physique.

He could end up being a quasi-KPP in the Ziebell mold.

A lot more agility than Jack.

I think Thomas' in close game style is as far apart as Jack hack kick as is possible as well.

Thomas is very clean and very creative with his hands, Jack's first option is to blast the ball over his shoulder.

Both excellent natural forwards though. Thomas will be a nightmare matchup when he sits forward in a couple of years.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Both are very strong overhead for guys @ 188cm. Very different players though.

This is more my point.

They are equipped to play the swing man FF role if the match up allows for it.

Tarryn also has a huge roost on him when he connects well.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can't see it mate.

They didn't with Hall, and we were willing to let Swallow go for nix.

I think paying pick 2 for Weller is an example of them doing everything they can to get players that want to be at the club. Granted Scott chose us but he’d still be happy staying home, he’s the best product of their academy. I can see them using a pick to nominate him earlier than what most clubs would rate him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I think paying pick 2 for Weller is an example of them doing everything they can to get players that want to be at the club. Granted Scott chose us but he’d still be happy staying home, he’s the best product of their academy. I can see them using a pick to nominate him earlier than what most clubs would rate him.

If he was happy staying home he would have nominated them mate.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bailey will get nominated where he is seeded, but I don't think it will be by a club doing it on the hope we won't match.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Actually, I have a question for Pykie.

Where do you think Bailey would have been drafted in last years draft?

He's as good as Richards or Ling.

So around later side of the first round.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Firstly, I reckon Bailey Scott plays more like John Blakey than Nick does and, so far, impresses me more. (I thought that last year when the two were being discussed as possible F/S's, in case anyone is seeing this as a post F/S decision opinion.) As much as TT's ceiling and X-factor appeals, Scott was the one I was more keen on, since last year's U18 carnival. If we're looking at a 200 gamer, for example, his is an all-round game that I have more confidence in at this point.

Of our current list, he reminds me a bit of Froggy with his vision and execution, albeit with more pace and probably goal-sense and craft. Like Dumont, the vision, timing and skill in his handballs get a man clear, his kicking is generally precise and purposeful, and he's a team player who makes those little decisions here and there that get the ball moving our way. He may not get as much room at AFL level, depending on the role he is asked to play, but he's good in close and in space.

While I know that they are completely different positions, when I reach for metaphors to describe his ceiling the name that pops into my head is Enright. Calm, class, no fuss. And, like I said John Blakey.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He reminds me of a harder and faster version of Ryan Bastinac.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back