Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It is amazing how often Ryan Clarkes name still gets mentioned on numerous subjects from posters that only postered negatives obviously i rated him higher than most posters on here As a North fan and AFL supporter good to see him doing well in his first couple of games with the Swans .

It is amazing how often Ryan Clarkes name still gets mentioned on numerous subjects from posters that only postered negatives obviously i rated him higher than most posters on here As a North fan and AFL supporter good to see him doing well in his first couple of games with the Swans .
Disposal is a bit iffy still, but he is definitely more comfortable as that in/out midfield role. He will play a few games with the Swans.

Long-term, Bailey Scott will most likely offer more.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I don't wish him any ill will, but Ryan's decision making stood out in our side, and that is a glaring matter when you consider how we are amongst the top ball butchers of the last decade.

Really though. Was it that there were question marks over his kicking? He was a bit skinny? You can't teach football. As a public school educated individual I have never enjoyed the idea of the elitists at Melbourne University, but thank God their engineering degree is good enough for Bailey
I think more than anything it’s the dynamics of the draft. Clubs don’t put the same work into academy and f/s kids because they’ve got finite recruiting resources. Outside the first round there’s no real tactical advantage to forcing their nominated club to match, so they go with the kids they know and suddenly you’ve got a slider. It doesn’t take much groupthink of "a bit skinny, slightly sus disposal" to feed into that and The Slide. Is. On.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Who was the last FS that generated all this hope and hype for us?

He who must not be named....

I was big on Bailey last year, I had him in the top 20-25 players.

He’s surprised me still, as most have already said, his balance is ******* superb, he’s very easy on the eye as a player.

I’m struggling to see any weakness’ other than his body size atm.

He’s got great leg speed, an elite tank, good football brain and good skills. Looks an amazing wing prospect.

Last edited:

He’s got great leg speed, an elite tank, good football brain and good skills. Looks an amazing wing prospect.

He actually reminds me of how John Blakey played - and (as above) he has similar attributes - hopefully, he ends up with a couple of flags and his piss ant son gets none!

I was big on Bailey last year, I had him in the top 20-25 players.

He’s surprised me still, as most have already said, his balance is ******* superb, he’s very easy on the eye as a player.

I’m struggling to see any weakness’ other than his body size atm.

.... and, even with his body size, he's shown himself to be very competitive one-on-one.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1552216301091.png

rooboy29

All Australian
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Could be the first year we get multiple rising star nominations! Bailey, Ldu, tarryn and Curtis Taylor could all get a nomination!

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Could be the first year we get multiple rising star nominations! Bailey, Ldu, tarryn and Curtis Taylor could all get a nomination!
nah its the NMFC, we arent sexy enough for that..

Back