Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

He certainly got a good cheer from the faithful when he came off. Shouldn’t be anymore than 2 to 3 weeks I hope.

It is amazing to see him turn into a star defender. I was certain he was a complete spud. Now our best defender. If he's sore, then so be it, rest him up because Baldwin is killing it in defence too.

I was never as down on him as most, thought he was worth persevering with… but as much as I’d like to, I can’t say I told you so. I thought his ceiling was as a fringe jobbing key defender who mainly survived off his height, a bit like Michael Hartley having a ten year AFL career… I could’ve never dreamed he’d look this good.

I'd be showing the playing group a highlight package of some of his desperate efforts. What he lacks in ability, he makes up for with intent and willingness to work bloody hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be showing the playing group a highlight package of some of his desperate efforts. What he lacks in ability, he makes up for with intent and willingness to work bloody hard.

A whole lotta this. He doesn't really look like a footballer. I've always said he'd only ever be handy depth - right now, he could be our best defender.

Are the crutches a worry? Seems excessive for a sprained ankle, hopefully that's all it is.

I was never as down on him as most, thought he was worth persevering with… but as much as I’d like to, I can’t say I told you so. I thought his ceiling was as a fringe jobbing key defender who mainly survived off his height, a bit like Michael Hartley having a ten year AFL career… I could’ve never dreamed he’d look this good.
I can play the I told you so game !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back