Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

30 - zerk.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2023
My Boy Draft 2023: Pick 8, 84859300

Last edited:

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
It was a bad match up to be on Dixon, but maybe a trial by fire. If it stayed dry (and Dixon kicked straight), he would've had 8 kicked on him. The rain really papered over some cracks in his performance. Still was alright though.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Too limited to be considered one of the planks to build the team around.

The weather stopped him from being destroyed by Dixon.

Key forwards are not getting shorter or slower. You're letting your heart get the better of you if you think BZT can be left exposed 1v1 in the way Astbury, Grimes and Balta do.

He's as slow as the current day Hooker with no where near the size. He doesn't even have the body shape for massive weight gain. He's pear shaped.

Why we would plan on the presence of such a limited player is well and truly beyond me.

Last edited:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
It was a bad match up to be on Dixon, but maybe a trial by fire. If it stayed dry (and Dixon kicked straight), he would've had 8 kicked on him. The rain really papered over some cracks in his performance. Still was alright though.

Look at all the key forwards in the AFL and find the good matchups. It's a much shorter list.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Too limited to be considered one of the planks to build the team around.

The weather stopped him from being destroyed by Dixon.

Key forwards are not getting shorter or slower. You're letting your heart get the better of you if you think BZT can be left exposed 1v1 in the way Astbury, Grimes and Balta do.

He's as slow as the current day Hooker with no where near the size. He doesn't even have the body shape for massive weight gain. He's pear shaped.

Why we would plan on the presence of such a limited player is wellband truly beyond me.
I’m sure the optimistic BrunoV is still trapped somewhere waiting to come back :p following Essendon has really done a number on you these last few years haha

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Comically slow. Cannot get near even the likes of Weidemann, who while a good player is not renowned for his athleticism, even where there is no space.

Add a few yards and I could be swayed but I've seen enough. He's slower than Hooker without the size to have enough decent matchups.

Why we would start with such a limited player, when we're something near a rebuild, is well and truly beyond me.

I'd delist but Dodoro loves the guy so we will see.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Comically slow. Cannot get near even the likes of Weidemann, who while a good player is not renowned for his athleticism, even where there is no space.

Add a few yards and I could be swayed but I've seen enough. He's slower than Hooker without the size to have enough decent matchups.

Why we would start with such a limited player, when we're something near a rebuild, is well abe truly beyond me.

I'd delist.
Thought that was one of his better games personally

Why we would start with such a limited player, when we're something near a rebuild, is well abe truly beyond me.

I'd delist.
Yet despite that, Weideman had 7 disposals, 3 marks (0 inside 50) and didn't score.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Do you watch games or stat sheets.

Would you credit BZT with actually getting close enough to Weidemann let alone stopping him in contests?

Weideman wasn’t getting anywhere near the contest and BZT was peeling off to support. Was the best at rolling over in defence today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you watch games or stat sheets.

Would you credit BZT with actually getting close enough to Weidemann let alone stopping him in contests?
I watch games. Weideman was invisible, had absolutely no influence on the contest. The stats back that up

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought he contested well the last couple of weeks. Showed something. Would have been easy to drop off completely.

d-mac3276

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon,Storm,La Lakers
Not sure what some of you guys were watchin, he was quite ok today. Quick to judge a guy who has just turned 22 who was barely given a chance until this year. I’m sticking fat with ya BZT

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Has some tools.. but I’m not on board.

He’s too short to be the kind of KPD guy they are playing him as. Even when stronger he’s never going to handle Hawkins etc properly.

He’s also too slow to have the flexibility to play on mobile second and third talls.

I would trade - but they won’t.

Albertross

Club Legend
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
There was a contest "right in front of me" on the outer wing today, 3rd man up and goes for the mark instead of the punch. Cost us a goal if I remember correctly.

Not sure about this boy, couldn't win a one v one as his frame is too light. Already have one floating intercept marker in Riddles. What would his role be?

Give him a year, cause he's contracted, but don't see him going beyond that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back