Player Watch #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Will get on the track, work on his ball use & start again - 4/5

Remove this Banner Ad

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
This guy reminds me of a young Brian Harris (Lake). He was a no frills, unremarkable key defender that the Dogs persisted with and saw blossom.

Zerk will be fine, relax.
The problem is Zerk-Thatcher looks about 10kg too light still, and doesn't have the athleticism to off-set the lack of size.

westking

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Whoever happens to be winning
Can his supporters on this board please tell me what qualities you're seeing that I'm not?
He has Steve Silvagni traits even though he is no where near that level......yet....if ever..but it’s close enough for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zach Package

Kyle Langfourd
Sep 21, 2012
Parish, Francis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Piggy Smith, Heat
My biggest gripe with BZT is his lack of pace. I think he's reasonably sound in the contest and as proven on the weekend, if he plays within his limitations his disposal is far from the crapshoot some people will make it out to be.
Hill sprints definitely required with Zerk, painfully evident when he was trying to track that snap back to the goal square and just couldn’t get into gear because he doesn’t have it.

Like where he’s headed though, steady progress for a steady player

Vindicater

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
My biggest gripe with BZT is his lack of pace. I think he's reasonably sound in the contest and as proven on the weekend, if he plays within his limitations his disposal is far from the crapshoot some people will make it out to be.
Yep. Solid battler who will provide good depth long term but never really be the firat choice KPD due to physical limitations at the very highest level.

Good player to have in reserve but might eventually leave for more oppertunities once Reid establishes himself.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Upside is I think he actually will fill out to be quite a strong KPD at least strength wise no idea if he makes it AFL level.

Surely he or the club can find him a running coach as speed can actually be improved especially when you’re blessed with leaping ability like he has.

EnolaGay

Premium Gold
Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
Hill sprints definitely required with Zerk, painfully evident when he was trying to track that snap back to the goal square and just couldn’t get into gear because he doesn’t have it.

Like where he’s headed though, steady progress for a steady player
Runs like a plough horse....pulling a plough.....through treacle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Apparently played like crap.

Will get out on the track this week, work on his ball use and start again.
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher
Stats: 14 disposals, six marks

“Tough game for ‘Thatchy’ again. He was another one that didn't get a rest. Again, a little bit like ‘Brandy’ (Cody Brand) he got beaten over the back a few times which was disappointing and his ball use probably let himself down a little bit there, so it'll be a good week for Thatchy to get out on the track and work on his ball use and start again.”

Remove this Banner Ad