Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Crocker torched him. Might have taken 10 marks inside 50 in about 2.5 quarters.
isn't Crocker like 185cm?

at this stage would rather we pick up a vfl sanfl wafl kpd

isn't Crocker like 185cm?

at this stage would rather we pick up a vfl sanfl wafl kpd

Looks closer to 6'3 to my eye, he's also very good above head. Definitely one of those mid-sized players who plays tall.

Having said that I would expect BZT to exert more control in contests than he did.

I can't make up my mind about BZT. One week I think he's a sure thing to spend a long time on the list as depth. The next week I'm thinking he could or should struggle for 2022.

I think it comes down to McBride. If he can get a clean run in defence for something like the rest of the year and starts to show what I think he's capable of, at 197cm, 90odd kgs, sub 3 20m, 6.20sec 2km, good leap (i.e. serious athlete), it could spell the end for BZT.

That would give us a combination of Reid, Hurley, Brand, McBride and even Ambrose as the depth tall defenders for 2022. Maybe BZT survives 2022 as McBride would need to be upgraded for 2023 (assuming he works out).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All over his opponent, hard to play against
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher
Stats: 17 disposals, four marks, three tackles

“Another good game from ‘Zerk’. Again, he kept it really simple this week. He was just really hard to play against as a defender. He was all over his direct opponent, he spoiled well and he used the ball well. It was a really solid game for him as a defender.”

Times running out for him. If he doesn't make anything of his next few opportunities it could be time for us to part ways.
That said - I don't think he's been that bad at AFL level this year. Just not that good either.

Was solid all game, but that smother in the last 2 minutes on Waterman was exceptional.

Truck even mentioned it at his presser
Massive moment.
Reminds me of that smother against Hawthorn in 2015? By Melksham I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back