Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

30 - zerk.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2023
My Boy Draft 2023: Pick 8, 84859300

Last edited:
Come seasons end it’d be poor list management to carry both of Zerk and Ambrose and out of the two I’d pick Ambrose.
I don't disagree with the first part but if Paddy has another injury interrupted season...

Come seasons end it’d be poor list management to carry both of Zerk and Ambrose and out of the two I’d pick Ambrose.
If we are delisting BZT then both go. Ambrose can not get on the park. Has played 10 or less games in 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Good to see the AFL has "cleared Essendon’s Brandon Zerk-Thatcher of any wrongdoing in the off-the-ball incident which cost Sydney Swans’ star Isaac Heeney a broken hand."

giphy.gif

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Good to see the AFL has "cleared Essendon’s Brandon Zerk-Thatcher of any wrongdoing in the off-the-ball incident which cost Sydney Swans’ star Isaac Heeney a broken hand."

giphy.gif

He headbutted poor Heeney’s fist, the dirty bastard.

Stewart and Ambrose coming back is enough depth for me

Unfortunately neither are depth. Come the end of this season, Stewart will have played about ten games in three years.

Ambrose played 7 in 2018, none in 2020 and hasn’t played in 2021.

We don’t even get to the stage where we compare them to BZT as players, because it’s moot when they don’t even get on the park.

Ambrose will be delisted this year. Stewart somehow has a contract for next year, which is horrific list management, otherwise he’d be gone too.

No club can keep doing this to itself. Guys who don’t get on the park simply need to go. We need to learn our lessons from the 2018 - 2020 period.

Tipping BZT stays on as depth due to his height. BZT on the park is more valuable than Glen Jakovich in the stands.

Bombers32

Debutant
Sep 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
There is definitely a player within Zerk I think. Not totally convinced but confident. I’ve never been a big Francis fan but I think that he and Zerk, with some luck with injury and continuity can get there. I’d take both ahead of Stewart and Ambrose. Paddy is a limited one trick pony (lockdown) whose trick is good. But he just does not get on the park and is not good enough to hold onto. Stewart is imo an extremely limited player but with low expectation, height and perhaps ability to play both ends he is reasonable insurance.

I agree that we need to move on from hanging on to guys, like we did with Raz and JD, in the hope that one, they become injury free and two, they actually perform when they are.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Poor Isaac, I mean he was just trying to break his jaw, what rotten luck

Swans coach John Longmire said post-match that Heeney could be set for a month on the sidelines.

“It’s just terrible luck for him. He’s one of our best preparers; he trains so hard, he’s worked so hard to come back from his ankle (injury) and he’s got a crack in his hand,” Longmire said.

“(He’ll miss) three, four weeks, I guess, depending on what happens … I’m not sure on what the official diagnosis is, but what Isaac is, is a really positive person.

Poor Isaac, I mean he was just trying to break his jaw, what rotten luck

Swans coach John Longmire said post-match that Heeney could be set for a month on the sidelines.

“It’s just terrible luck for him. He’s one of our best preparers; he trains so hard, he’s worked so hard to come back from his ankle (injury) and he’s got a crack in his hand,” Longmire said.

“(He’ll miss) three, four weeks, I guess, depending on what happens … I’m not sure on what the official diagnosis is, but what Isaac is, is a really positive person.
"terrible luck"

They do say the harder you work, the more luck you'll have. Never been truer...

crackers65

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely Brandon had to apologise to poor old Heaney for head butting his fist.
It seems that BZT never got the afl memo that the albino is a protected species.

Ambrose will be delisted this year. Stewart somehow has a contract for next year, which is horrific list management, otherwise he’d be gone too.
Think you’re wrong on both counts. Stewart looked good pre season in defence, think he’s more likely than BZT.

Remember when Bomber fell in love with Ambrose? Used to call him “Ambrosey” in press conferences.

I note no coach is calling BZT “Zerky”
He's called 'Thatchy' by Heppell (obviously not a coach but ye) and 'Thatcher' by Rutten, which is still a nickname I suppose.

Riiiigggghhhhttttt.....Heeney can connect a punch to the head but this is what they penalise.

Did he even hit him in the head?
Or is the whole potential to cause injury thing being taken too far?

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
In what universe is BZT the one being cleared of wrongdoing there? Heeney punched him. Heeney should have been suspended.
What universe are you living in? I’m living in the one where I fully expect the AFL to scrutinise an Essendon player of wrongdoing by getting punched in the face by a Sydney player.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
In what universe is BZT the one being cleared of wrongdoing there? Heeney punched him. Heeney should have been suspended.
The universe in which Tom Hickey was found not to have had prior opportunity after trotting off from a ruck contest. A universe we're most unfortunate to inhabit.

Back