Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

30 - zerk.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2023
My Boy Draft 2023: Pick 8, 84859300

Last edited:

westking

Cancelled
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Whoever happens to be winning
Can his supporters on this board please tell me what qualities you're seeing that I'm not?

He has Steve Silvagni traits even though he is no where near that level......yet....if ever..but it’s close enough for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s like people think he’s a ready made player like Hartley was.

He’s still 22.
And he's played what, like 15 games? How many key defenders burst onto the scene in their first 15 games?

My biggest gripe with BZT is his lack of pace. I think he's reasonably sound in the contest and as proven on the weekend, if he plays within his limitations his disposal is far from the crapshoot some people will make it out to be.

Hill sprints definitely required with Zerk, painfully evident when he was trying to track that snap back to the goal square and just couldn’t get into gear because he doesn’t have it.

Like where he’s headed though, steady progress for a steady player

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
My biggest gripe with BZT is his lack of pace. I think he's reasonably sound in the contest and as proven on the weekend, if he plays within his limitations his disposal is far from the crapshoot some people will make it out to be.

Yep. Solid battler who will provide good depth long term but never really be the firat choice KPD due to physical limitations at the very highest level.

Good player to have in reserve but might eventually leave for more oppertunities once Reid establishes himself.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Upside is I think he actually will fill out to be quite a strong KPD at least strength wise no idea if he makes it AFL level.

Surely he or the club can find him a running coach as speed can actually be improved especially when you’re blessed with leaping ability like he has.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
Hill sprints definitely required with Zerk, painfully evident when he was trying to track that snap back to the goal square and just couldn’t get into gear because he doesn’t have it.

Like where he’s headed though, steady progress for a steady player

Runs like a plough horse....pulling a plough.....through treacle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently played like crap.

Will get out on the track this week, work on his ball use and start again.
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher
Stats: 14 disposals, six marks

“Tough game for ‘Thatchy’ again. He was another one that didn't get a rest. Again, a little bit like ‘Brandy’ (Cody Brand) he got beaten over the back a few times which was disappointing and his ball use probably let himself down a little bit there, so it'll be a good week for Thatchy to get out on the track and work on his ball use and start again.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back