Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Core strength is the main one and you get that from many preseasons. Andres Taylor etc aren’t huge, just have get strength through their core.
Harris Andrews is 100 kg
Sam Taylor (who I assume you mean) is 93 kg
Zerk is 86 kg

Still very young, was drafted in the 70kg range from memory so to go from 70kg to pushing 90kg in the space of two years is pleasing progress. Another few years and he'll be a fully developed, physical specimen.

Andrews is also 201cm, makes a difference, he’s hardly a gorilla. I was talking about Harry Taylor who is 94kg
Still, 195/96 is hardly gorilla size, it just gives him more muscle mass and more likely to hold his ground against bigger opponents, which he struggles with

Still, 195/96 is hardly gorilla size, it just gives him more muscle mass and more likely to hold his ground against bigger opponents, which he struggles with
I’m not disagreeing he needs to put on weight, but core strength with maturity is more important than a few extra kgs. Look what rampe is able to do in contests while playing undersized.

A mile off being AFL quality. I definitely see potential and I guess we're playing him out of lack of better choices. But geez, some of his running efforts would have you think he weighs 130 kg's. Contested work isn't much better.

A mile off being AFL quality. I definitely see potential and I guess we're playing him out of lack of better choices. But geez, some of his running efforts would have you think he weighs 130 kg's. Contested work isn't much better.

Strange game to quote this after. Easily his best at afl level, brilliant mark in the first quarter that wasn’t paid. I don’t think he conceded another for the game and his opponent had 4 touches.

Strange game to quote this after. Easily his best at afl level, brilliant mark in the first quarter that wasn’t paid. I don’t think he conceded another for the game.
Really? Fair enough, to each their own. I couldn't stop focussing on his second and third efforts, especially in the 2nd quarter. He had advanced up the wings and looked completely gassed and could not go with the play when the ball was turned over, especially so early in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Fair enough, to each their own. I couldn't stop focussing on his second and third efforts, especially in the 2nd quarter. He had advanced up the wings and looked completely gassed and could not go with the play when the ball was turned over, especially so early in the game.

Didn’t particularly notice, I’m not really looking for him to do much other than beat his direct opponent and support spoil, which he did both well and used the ball better than he has as well.

Had the second most one on ones on the ground and only lost the one in the first quarter which was the bad umpire call and had the most spoils for the team. I’m happy to give him 50 games to develop more tricks.

I’ve always really liked him but tonight really reinforced it. He plays with desperation and loves the scrap.

He might not be much value as a rebounding or intercepting threat but with Francis, Ridley and Saad playing with him I’m not sure that will be an issue.

I’ve always really liked him but tonight really reinforced it. He plays with desperation and loves the scrap.

He might not be much value as a rebounding or intercepting threat but with Francis, Ridley and Saad playing with him I’m not sure that will be an issue.
Give him another 8-9kg and a couple more preseasons and I think he’ll make it. Good to see him not drop his head after a tough first qtr. I thought he more than halved the 1on1s he had.

So he gives away 20 kg, Dixon would have been the target for what, 20-ish inside 50's and kept him to 5 shots on goal given how poor we were up the ground is really good. Best game he's played for us.

Against Port was a good indication of what our back 6 will look like in 24 months. Hurley is the one stuck in between playing as a KPF and a distributor from D50.

Zerk was full lock down Hurley and that enabled us to have a second player focus soley on distributing (hoping this will be Francis when he returns from whatever is holding him back now).

You can see the endeavour he possess', heres hoping Cody Brand can compliment Zerk as a key post in defence for the next 8 years.

So he gives away 20 kg, Dixon would have been the target for what, 20-ish inside 50's and kept him to 5 shots on goal given how poor we were up the ground is really good. Best game he's played for us.

Dixon should have had 5 goals, 5 minutes into the second quarter if he could kick straight. After that it was too wet for big forwards.

Could still be a good player but obviously playing on the big forward gorillas is not his go at this stage.

To be fair to Zerk, of Dixon's shots on goal I remember, one was from a very dubious down field free kick, and one other was a lace out pass even SOS would have struggled to stop.

Competed well and didn't give up. Obviously poor kicking from Charlie flattered Zerk but he never gave up which has shown in his endeavour in some games this year

Dixon should have had 5 goals, 5 minutes into the second quarter if he could kick straight. After that it was too wet for big forwards.

Could still be a good player but obviously playing on the big forward gorillas is not his go at this stage.
Seemed like damned near everyone had trouble with that ball last night though. I don’t think I’ve seen so many OOTF in one game.

And no, playing on the big forward gorillas is not his go haha, I don’t think anyone was expecting more from him than what he ended up doing. But it will be his role in the future so he got a taste of that last night. Good to see us throwing some kids in the deep end, especially with the season basically over and no seconds this year.

He's played 10 games. Of Dixon's 5 shots, one came from a down field free. Let me be happy with one aspect of a ******* s**t game please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back