Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Gleeson seems to go alright and he's slight, BZT has aggression in spades, He could play this year and impact, Won't need him this year however we are covered in his position, Will play games next year though.

Likely type.
Gleeson is 16 kilo's heavier.

I've only seen him play the one game but it's not hard to see how he could be impressing so many.

Against Frankston he kept running under the ball and not taking the intercept and pack marks which it sounds like he has been taking in every other game. I give him the benefit of the doubt as I think the hazy.

He was very impressive against Frankston. I remember you being critical of him and was surprised.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Hm. Very good start, but still too slight to have a meaningful impact at senior level
See, I’d heard that, but seeing him play live it seemed to me he has developed a lot this year. I think he will fill out really nicely, but I think you might be right particularly if we’re talking about anything KPDish.

Can't see how he gets a game without a horrid run of injury to our defence.

Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose, Hartley, Dea, Brown, Gleeson and Ridley would all be ahead of him on selection at this point.

Happy to see him continue to perform well at VFL level and get another preseason under his belt to start putting pressure on in 2019, no need to rush a young tall in his first season with the club.

Totally no need to rush, particularly with Ridley coming in a debuting like a star. I see Dea, Brown, Gleeson, Ridley and potentially Francis as immediate competition for a spot, which I think will be 3rd tall/tall flanker to begin with. So that’s a bit to get through - though I’d say that if he keeps on impressing like he has (and he has been very impressive from what I’ve seen, just about as much as Ridley though I have missed a couple of games) he’ll get his chance pretty soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was very impressive against Frankston. I remember you being critical of him and was surprised.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

He wasn't very impressive because he ran under the ball about 7 times. The potential was certainly there.

He's been much better every other time I've seen him.

That post has also been superseded.

He wasn't very impressive because he ran under the ball about 7 times. The potential was certainly there.

He's been much better every other time I've seen him.

That post has also been superseded.
I know this does not relate to blokes at this level...but I do junior coaching and the amount of kids that cannot read the flight of the ball off the boot is staggering. I put it down to that you just don't see kids kicking the ball in the streets, at the park, kick to kick before training etc. They just are not exposed as much to kicking and marking. Elite kids it would not be a problem though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Id like to see him get at least 1 game of AFL footy this year, when the season looks to be done and dusted would be the best time. Their is so much potential here he looks perfectly suited to play as a modern key defender with his leap and ability to cover at ground level.

Id like to see him get at least 1 game of AFL footy this year, when the season looks to be done and dusted would be the best time. Their is so much potential here he looks perfectly suited to play as a modern key defender with his leap and ability to cover at ground level.
Saints would be a good game.

Poor game today. Played far too loose on Peter McEvoy and was punished for it, McEvoy was best on for the Lions. Hopefully will be back with a vengeance against Box Hille!

I can't wait to see what he can do at VFL level once he bulks up. Feel like games could be dictated purely on his his terms. Going to be something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back