Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

30 - zerk.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2023
My Boy Draft 2023: Pick 8, 84859300

Last edited:
This is not the week to bring him in but the fact he’s in the squad and he’s pushing and we’ve just locked him up for another couple of years is big time.

He’s who we’re hitching our wagon to

Why not? Saints hardly have huge bodies up forward. Gives him a good taste and we see what he is like.
Membrey is 11 kilo's heavier, and Josh Bruce is a tank. It'd be a Zac Dawson on Rocca moment (even though I think he'll end up better). Why not bring in Hartley, who has a very good record against Bruce?

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Membrey is 11 kilo's heavier, and Josh Bruce is a tank. It'd be a Zac Dawson on Rocca moment (even though I think he'll end up better). Why not bring in Hartley, who has a very good record against Bruce?

Where’d you get 11 kilos from? Listed at 86kgs vs 89kgs on their player profiles on the respective club sites.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely Zerk-Thatcher after a couple of years in the system and nearly being 21 isn't truly too light to play on guys like Membrey. I remember seeing him in the VFL last year and he didn't look far off AFL standard and has some great attributes. The thing that always caught my eye was his ability to read the play ahead of other players and contest with real intensity.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Seems to me people are getting way ahead of themselves here. Hooker is an absolute gorilla and can manhandle most forwards and hold his own against your Hawkins type beasts.

He also has clamps for hands.

BZT might end up there, but as a 21 year old developing KPD he’d get thrown around by any decent sized forward. Including Keefe.

If we need a tall, I can’t see anyone other than Hartley getting a go until Hooker is back.

BZT probably only plays if we have a real bad injury run, let him have another year to build size and strength and if his VFL form is absolutely dominant then maybe he plays late season.

One thing we should take from Hawthorn is that developing players properly in the VFL has consistently proven a successful pathway.

I’m not sure why people dislike Margaret as a nickname - I think it’s great!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Because it's s**t. Bezerker fits so much better. Yours makes hi sound like an old lady.
Don’t listen to eth-dog he is jealous of any key defender that plays ahead of his golden child Hartley :p

Zerk is ready, Hooker wasn’t massive when he first started in our senior team so his size shouldn’t be an excuse to atleast give him a taste.
No he isn't. When Hooker started our key defence was basically Fletcher and Pears, hardly a good comparison.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

Why go to Hartley when we know he is not going to be on the list next year?

Playing Hartley is the Essendon move. That has not wor
Because it's s**t. Bezerker fits so much better. Yours makes hi sound like an old lady.

No he isn't. When Hooker started our key defence was basically Fletcher and Pears, hardly a good comparison.

So better than Hurley and Ambrose...

Killing it this morning with your ‘opinions’ or was that ‘facts’ :p
Zerk isn't ready.
Why go to Hartley when we know he is not going to be on the list next year?

Playing Hartley is the Essendon move. That has not wor

So better than Hurley and Ambrose...
So we know after one round that Hartley isn't going to be on the list next year? ******* lol, if that were the case he would have been delisted last year.

And nope, not better than Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose, Francis and Hartley.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
DIDN'T YOU KNOW FOOTY NICK NAMES ARE MEANT TO BE ABOUT BEING COOL AND NOT A TOTAL PISSTAKE?

W T F

EXPLAIN CALE HOOKER HIS NICKNAME IS CHOOK FFS CHICKENS ARENT THAT COOL

Back