Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

30 - zerk.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2023
My Boy Draft 2023: Pick 8, 84859300

Last edited:
Why don't we just call him Zerk? Or BZT?

Margaret sounds like I'm cheering on my Aunty in England as she runs to bring home her greasy fish and chips wrapped in Page 3 of the Daily Mail before the clouds open up and make her say "Oh bother, it's bloody rainin again, innit?" before my uncle unwraps said fish and chips before just reading page 3 because it has boobs on it and not even bothering with the food.

Margaret is the worst nickname this board has ever thought of and it should be an instant red card to think about the mistake you've made.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Why don't we just call him Zerk? Or BZT?

Margaret sounds like I'm cheering on my Aunty in England as she runs to bring home her greasy fish and chips wrapped in Page 3 of the Daily Mail before the clouds open up and make her say "Oh bother, it's bloody rainin again, innit?" before my uncle unwraps said fish and chips before just reading page 3 because it has boobs on it and not even bothering with the food.

Margaret is the worst nickname this board has ever thought of and it should be an instant red card to think about the mistake you've made.

Yeah but like, Berzerker?

How many footy nicknames actually come about because they wanted to be cool? Like, Legend? Dominator? The Package? How lame can you get?

90% of footy nicknames are meant to take the piss. Margaret is actually the perfect footy nickname.

Yeah but like, Berzerker?

How many footy nicknames actually come about because they wanted to be cool? Like, Legend? Dominator? The Package? How lame can you get?

90% of footy nicknames are meant to take the piss. Margaret is actually the perfect footy nickname.
Then why was my nickname while playing BigBalls?

Oh.

this reminds me of when vegemite launched a new cheese & vegemite hybrid spread or some s**t and got the public to name it. it was in the mid to late 90s so in the midst of the dotcom boom.

of course the winner was “iSnack 2.0”

the guy who won received death threads and it was changed shortly after.

People say he isn't ready. Wtf was Fletch when he started. Weight of 10kg but used his limbs and had a reasonably successful career
Things have changed a bit in the last 1/4 century.

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Zerk
Or El Zerkerino for those not into the whole brevity thing...
Has filled out nicely. Competes with dedication. Can mark. Give him a game or two. Long way to go but why not?

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't care how big someone looks. Strength isn't all about size. He would offer a lot more to the side than Ambrose apart from his one good tackle every year
Not sure about the Ambrose bit but certainly agree with the first half....Brad Scott was talking about Bailey Scott last week and said he was only interested in his actual strength, not his weight...can he break/stick tackles, keep his feet in a contest etc. These are the right questions when looking at whether a guy is “ready.”

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Don’t listen to eth-dog he is jealous of any key defender that plays ahead of his golden child Hartley :p

Zerk is ready, Hooker wasn’t massive when he first started in our senior team so his size shouldn’t be an excuse to atleast give him a taste.
And with Gleeson out we need a backman who can play the getting pushed around role.
COS BERZERKER SOUNDS LIKE HES A COOL DUDE WITH LASERS YEAH
Margaret Thatcher was a conservative politician who was the first female prime minister of the United Kingdom. Nicknamed "The Iron Lady", she was a polarasing figure who also served for the longest period of any Brittish PM in the 20th century.

Part of Brandon's surname is also "Thatcher"

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Who cares if he’s getting outwrestled... so are Francis and Hurley. He clearly reads the game well and attacks the ball, so I’d back him to get front position and even if he loses out on strength, his long limbs will still keep him in the contest.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Margaret Thatcher was a conservative politician who was the first female prime minister of the United Kingdom. Nicknamed "The Iron Lady", she was a polarasing figure who also served for the longest period of any Brittish PM in the 20th century.

Part od Brandon's surname is also "Thatcher"

er.... yes i know.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Zerk isn't ready.

So we know after one round that Hartley isn't going to be on the list next year? ******* lol, if that were the case he would have been delisted last year.

And nope, not better than Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose, Francis and Hartley.

Hartley has been overlooked to play a much shorter Ambrose. He is clearly depth only. Zerk has been given a three year deal so is clearly ahead of him in the pecking order. If Hartley is on the list next year I will be shocked.

I think Ambrose is shockingly bad so I would take Zerk over him right now.

Francis is a different role so I don't know why you think he comes out for Zerk.

Back