Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinting a senior debut?
Young defender Brandon Zerk-Thatcher had his own injury troubles against the Lions, suffering a compound finger dislocation, but he was stitched up after the game and is expected to take his place on the field against North at either VFL or AFL level on Saturday.

Looks like a perfect time to debut im just a tad worried about his size against adelaides tall forwards. Sort of reminds me of tayte pears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a perfect time to debut im just a tad worried about his size against adelaides tall forwards. Sort of reminds me of tayte pears.
Aside from the injuries, I’d love another Tayte Pears. That boy looked better than Hooker early. I know he’s not as big as you’d like but if he can play like Tayte then me rikey

Aside from the injuries, I’d love another Tayte Pears. That boy looked better than Hooker early. I know he’s not as big as you’d like but if he can play like Tayte then me rikey
Tayte was our remedy to the Buddy-type forwards.

Hooker, Hurley and Pears could have served us well for years.
Add to that Gumby & Joey.

i hate injuries

Yes it would - he's from Murray Bridge in SA and in my opinion he's ready for a shot at senior footy. Time to bring in Margaret.

Go Margaret - go go go
Go Margaret - go go go...!!!!
Has to be a strong chance to debut this week does Margaret- let’s get on the Margaret bandwagon!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can't do it. Calling the guy Margaret just makes me cringe.

Tayte was our remedy to the Buddy-type forwards.

Hooker, Hurley and Pears could have served us well for years.
Add to that Gumby & Joey.

i hate injuries

Even with injuries we've wasted almost two decades of quality KPPs due to a mix of a substandard midfield, crap coaching and the saga. Now it looks like our midfield is finally coming together, but our KPP stocks are looking a bit shakey.

Zerk-Thatcher could be really important in the next few years. I hope he gets a crack this week.

I would play Hartley this week and BZT next week against GC.
The defence is going to be under enormous pressure next week with Hurley out and Hooker either out or restricted, as well as no Ambrose.
Hartley is pretty much a known quantity - he's not Hurley or Hooker or Ambrose, but he is a very good VFL defender who is shown up at times at AFL level.
BZT is a kid with an under developed body who has shown a fair bit at VFL level, but it would be asking too much to expect him to survive against Walker or Jenkins given the players around him and the weakness of the side we will be able to field.
Let Hartley do his best, and give BZT a go against GC the following week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back