Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it Larkey who got a little taste in his second year at the club towards the end of the season? Had a shaved melon, don’t think he registered a stat, but he got a taste and it proved him well. Would love to see Comben in the ones in any of our remaining games. For what’s it’s worth, think he will perform better then Larkey too in his first few games.

Was it Larkey who got a little taste in his second year at the club towards the end of the season? Had a shaved melon, don’t think he registered a stat, but he got a taste and it proved him well. Would love to see Comben in the ones in any of our remaining games. For what’s it’s worth, think he will perform better then Larkey too in his first few games.
Unfortunately for Larkey, correct; I was at the game, and remember him dropping a mark 30 out on an angle that he should have swallowed. Otherwise his day consisted of a few ineffective hit outs - we all gotta start somewhere

I'm for giving Comben a run in R23 too, assuming he holds up

Unfortunately for Larkey, correct; I was at the game, and remember him dropping a mark 30 out on an angle that he should have swallowed. Otherwise his day consisted of a few ineffective hit outs - we all gotta start somewhere

I'm for giving Comben a run in R23 too, assuming he holds up
Yeah was there too, one of the all time howlers for a debut

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Charlie's physicality and contested marking are ******* incredible for his size. We were all talking not too long ago about how skinny he looked, well he plays like a big man. I think he should play. He's readier than Nick Larkey was on debut, and we're in more need of a key forward than we were back then with Waite and Brown playing.

Charlie's physicality and contested marking are ******* incredible for his size. We were all talking not too long ago about how skinny he looked, well he plays like a big man. I think he should play. He's readier than Nick Larkey was on debut, and we're in more need of a key forward than we were back then with Waite and Brown playing.
Souvas debut of donuts didn't really do his confidence much good. Possibly dubuted a fraction early. But you never know till you roll the dice.

Souvas debut wasn't great but he did get to the right spots a few times and fluffed some gettable marks, from memory BT was giving him a lot of grief. It really could have been a 2 goal game for him. Really similar to Curtis Taylor's debut where he did a lot of the hard stuff right but didn't take his chances.

yeah, nah, keep him in the seconds for the year. He's clearly not ready for the big boys, and what's the rush anyway? Give him another pre-season and size him up in March for whether he's ready ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously think Nobles knows if we play this kid we’ll win.

it’s the only explanation.

Nah. A more reasonable explanation is that given he has missed so much footy in 4 years they want to make sure he is good to go fitness wise. Plus I’m certain they don’t want him anywhere near the ruck at afl level.

Nah. A more reasonable explanation is that given he has missed so much footy in 4 years they want to make sure he is good to go fitness wise. Plus I’m certain they don’t want him anywhere near the ruck at afl level.
I’d have thrown Walker or Turner/Mahony in instead, take the piss.

Given Nanks out, who would he be rucking against?

Début him for the last 2 matches
l would keep him for the last game....l dont want him to play against Sydney but Adelaide would be fine. In fact play Phillips, Lazarro, Ford and Comben and make Atley our sub...for what may be his last time in the Roos jumper...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back