Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude I know said he deadlifted 300kg.

Omg I say.

He sends vid.

Trap bar. Partials.

He might as well have sent footage of himself carrying his groceries back to the car.
You’d think carrying groceries would pop his arm right out of the sockets.

conspiracy theory is that trap bar was made to practice lifting heavy groceries therefore he is practicing so such thing doesn’t happen.

Its so tempting to rush into the heavier weights. You can see even at this weight he still hasn’t quite perfected his technique. This trainer is setting the right foundation for great development by maximising the positive impact of each lift. I’m not an expert on this stuff but it looks like they have chosen the right guy to work with our blokes in the off-season.

Dude I know said he deadlifted 300kg.

Omg I say.

He sends vid.

Trap bar. Partials.

He might as well have sent footage of himself carrying his groceries back to the car.
Dude - you come around and help my Mrs bring the shopping in after she's wiped out the local Aldi, IGA and Woolies (she rarely goes to Coles).

You only have to see the trip computer's fuel consumption stats to know that she's single handedly contributing to the economic recovery. Building up upper body strength is just a bonus.

She does it in high heels too...

1635848506816.png

All makes sense. My preference has always been to lift in those 'converse' style flat shoes. Never runners for those reasons. Perhaps he just doesn't own a pair. Curious whether there are benefits to be barefoot over flat/hard soled shoes.

i have a pretty comprehensive gym setup at home and we don't wear shoes in the house,,,,i started lifting barefoot for that reason only but have come to much prefer over wearing shoes.....daresay wouldn't be able to get away with that at most commercial gyms.

Is this the guy to do a Tarrant?
promising kid, who injuries might mean a couple are ahead of him in the pecking order.
we might see CCJ Larkey combo with Edwards waiting in the wings.

A move to defence could solve a lot of our issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

promising kid, who injuries might mean a couple are ahead of him in the pecking order.

I'd have him as a swingman at best, kids too good not to play in the forward line.

It worked for Ben Mckay. I wouldn't be against it, because he has incredible athleticism and speed off the mark for a guy his size.

For the time being I hope we persist with him as a key forward, he looks a very very natural key forward.

It worked for Ben Mckay. I wouldn't be against it, because he has incredible athleticism and speed off the mark for a guy his size.

For the time being I hope we persist with him as a key forward, he looks a very very natural key forward.
Definitely strikes me as a natural roaming chf that pushes up the ground.

I'd have him as a swingman at best, kids too good not to play in the forward line.

Thing is he is way to good to be sitting on the sidelines, playing back might just give him some continually playing AFL.

it’s much easier on the body being the one jumping into blokes spoiling rather then cannon balled into.

for mind once we recruited CCJ, its either he or Edwards that we need to start preparing to play back.

McKay and Comben could be a nasty backline.

Team-1.jpg

Is that Charlie on the right? Oh my!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back