Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

How many elite forward talents have we turned into defenders?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
There's a running joke among a few clubs that goes something to effect of 'it's very North to have a clone of a Coleman medalist and to play him at full back.'

Think they're getting at our ability to take talent with elite traits and turn them into dour role players.

There's a running joke among a few clubs that goes something to effect of 'it's very North to have a clone of a Coleman medalist and to play him at full back.'

Think they're getting at our ability to take talent with elite traits and turn them into dour role players.
Hopefully that's all going in the memory bank now that we actually have some elite talent.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Everybody laughs at everybody in this caper. It’s got nothing to do with anything. Our challenge is to get the best out of our players. If we can’t, coaching staff and players will fade away. The “laughing” won’t influence that in any manner.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are mirror twins so obviously Ben had to play in the exact opposite position.

Getting to Will Walker levels of injury management.

Might not see him for the whole year i don't think.

Just serious mismanagement across all levels. Its unforgiveable.
It ******* isn’t. These calls are absolutely ridiculous
Not playing in the VFL this week. Didn’t pass the fitness test
And this is why.

The guy needs to be able to show he can play blocks multiple games it’s only then We can increase the load on his body. He can’t seem to show durability at vfl level do you really think he will handle the step up in intensity and speed

It’s a serious question if he get there. His body mightn’t be up to it. I don’t think the club has done much wrong here, the issue seems to be something different every time so I’m not sure this is even comparable to will walkers situation

And this is why.

The guy needs to be able to show he can play blocks multiple games it’s only then We can increase the load on his body. He can’t seem to show durability at vfl level do you really think he will handle the step up in intensity and speed

It’s a serious question if he get there. His body mightn’t be up to it. I don’t think the club has done much wrong here, the issue seems to be something different every time so I’m not sure this is even comparable to will walkers situation

Why is it ridiculous??

Was there not question marks on him when he was drafted regarding his body? Can you confirm whether his loads were managed correctly throughout pre season?

Another year of development completely wasted really. I would love to see him come on and be a 150 game AFL player but he's up against it. OOC end of 23 so he has 18 months to prove his worth.

Why is it ridiculous??

Was there not question marks on him when he was drafted regarding his body? Can you confirm whether his loads were managed correctly throughout pre season?

Another year of development completely wasted really. I would love to see him come on and be a 150 game AFL player but he's up against it. OOC end of 23 so he has 18 months to prove his worth.
It’s pretty clear it was a risk picking him up I will grant you that but the fact that it seems like different injuries every time indicates that it’s purely his body that’s the issue not management from the club as you suggest.

If anything the club being conservative with him is probably the best thing they could have done.

I don’t hold much hope for him, I don’t see how he magically gets over these issues but I don’t think for one minute it’s on the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it ridiculous??

I'd suggest (to the club's eye) he's already proven his worth. It's his durability that he will need to prove over that period.

Anyone know if he trained this week?

Wasn’t on the injury list for the past couple of weeks I don’t think, but hasn’t played VFL ruling home him out of a senior call up anytime soon?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And this is why.

Tarrant probably had as many if not more injury concerns early on. KPP take time as it is, so it makes sense for the club to take a cautious approach.

Tarrant probably had as many if not more injury concerns early on. KPP take time as it is, so it makes sense for the club to take a cautious approach.

Taz was drafted in the 07 draft.

Didn't play more than 10 games till 2012

didn't play consistent footy at the level till 2015

Comben was Draft in 19.

You'd probably want to at least see him at the level for a run of game prior to the end of next season.

Might not see him for the whole year i don't think.

Just serious mismanagement across all levels. Its unforgiveable.
Curious to know how you draw the conclusions about mismanagement. If his body isn't right or keeps breaking down, how is that mismanagement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back