Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

The weirdest thing about that was the decision to wear black shorts. I reckon we played Collingwood too. Surely if you were going to wear that monstrosity you could get matching shorts and if not go with your usual white or blue ones.
Yep, it’s beyond me as to how they could bugger that up.

Tazza would have checked the fu** out of him in a real match, and Majak is just see ball, get ball really.
Still, Taz did put some body on him. And this is not the first contested mark he’s taken 2-1 this pre-season. Physically looks more developed than Souva at the same stage and can see him filling out nicely in the next 12 months. Great pickup!

“I was running around trying to keep up with Charlie Comben today. He’s got a serious set of wheels on him, and he’s going to be one to watch as his development goes from strength to strength.

“It can only make us better when we’ve got these guys pushing us for a game.” - Ben Brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corey McKernan type.

I’m loving this young guy too.

I can’t see us ever having another Corey - for those too young to have seen Corey play, I guess you hear about the King and Boomer all the time, but King Corey was the best in the league at his best - stunning to watch.

Having said that - he looks amazing and well developed for his shape and type.

I think he will dominate VFL before long.

I’m loving this young guy too.

I can’t see us ever having another Corey - for those too young to have seen Corey play, I guess you hear about the King and Boomer all the time, but King Corey was the best in the league at his best - stunning to watch.

Having said that - he looks amazing and well developed for his shape and type.

I think he will dominate VFL before long.
CM's 1996 was something else. Was my tip for the Norm Smith in 96. If Comben turns out anything like Corey we're in for steal of the century.

Given how highly he's being touted in the pre-season, I could see him playing on Friday. He looks good to go, physically he's on the light side but he's ahead of where other players his age would be.

Might not hurt to see how he goes, Jack Mahoney came out of it looking like roses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back