Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. I suspect that plan A was to try and use our 2nd round currency to trade up but when that didn't eventuate this was a canny pivot.

And so we should have. It was daylight robbery.

You'd hope so. I'm on sthe side of use them in the draft (as picks or as currency to take advantage of NGA bids) rather than burning a hole in our pocket to spend on trades for B-graders. But half our list is currently set to come out of contract so there's a lot to play out regarding development, list spots, etc.

Must have been. Didn't work out.

Sometimes thoughts are more than thoughts..

Not sure about that. What I do recall, is that we traded a pick to Essendon on the night, which they used to draft a tall forward, while we got their 2020 second rounder. We then drafted Comben with our next pick IIRC. Will be interesting to compare his career with the kid Essendon drafted.
They also gave us 35 and we gave them 50 which we weren't using.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They also gave us 35 and we gave them 50 which we weren't using.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, we basically allowed them to take Harrison Jones, and took Comben a few picks later, having moved just a few picks down the order, plus the 2020 second rounder. If Comben makes it, and if you use this year's pick wisely, huge win for the club.

lol we might not have any other options. As it stands currently a fwd line of Garner, Wood, TT , Zurhaar, Larkey & Mahony doesn't fill me with confidence. Wonder if Comben plays Monday, will be interesting.

Ziebell's been named at CHF.

I could see them going that route.

Sometimes thoughts are more than thoughts..
I see. Glad I agree with it all then.
The fact Homer's neighbour went so late to McSuns may have thrown us.
That's interesting. I'm trying to remember who I thought might have been candidate sellers around the back of the 1st round, and I think GC was one of them. Are you speculating that Neddy's unexpected availability might have dissuaded the McSuns from trading that pick away?

Some thoughts..

We had been planning swaps with Dodo prior who then got cute on the night before eventually dealing after we acknowledged we didn't want his target.

The dees offer was presented to us and we bit their hand off to accept it.

We don't have a firm plan for what to do with 2020 picks yet but are open to several courses of action.

The big boy who went to Cola was of interest to us.

The fact Homer's neighbour went so late to McSuns may have thrown us.
So the thoughts arenecessarily those of the author....

Dodo being a dick.....There's a surprise...

So we were expecting young Ned to have gone before our first. Given he was still there, did we have a little remorse?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not much chatter on the * board on Harrison Jones' thread.

Picture a world in 8 years time where Comben is absolutely tearing it up and our 2nd round selection from the 2020 draft is a perennial AA member considered in the top half dozen players in the competition. All courtesy of the *. Ah to daydream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much chatter on the * board on Harrison Jones' thread.

Picture a world in 8 years time where Comben is absolutely tearing it up and our 2nd round selection from the 2020 draft is a perennial AA member considered in the top half dozen players in the competition. All courtesy of the *. Ah to daydream.

Mate, they've got Tom Hird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see. Glad I agree with it all then.

That's interesting. I'm trying to remember who I thought might have been candidate sellers around the back of the 1st round, and I think GC was one of them. Are you speculating that Neddy's unexpected availability might have dissuaded the McSuns from trading that pick away?

Not sure Ned Flanders really slid though, as the top ten were all expected to go then.

I don't usually complain about this sort of stuff too much but could they not have told us about this injury when it occurred three months ago?

I don't usually complain about this sort of stuff too much but could they not have told us about this injury when it occurred three months ago?

............and set the Ziebull off on another 248 post trade ramble?

No thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back