Senior 30. Charlie Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Curnow made me a believer. Best part was the team stuff. I remember his draft profiling talked a lot about his "FF mentality" and it being all about him. No sign of that.

He has awesome skills and also the ability to take off quickly after getting the ball and kick long inside 50 before the opposition gets back. Once he increases his fitness he will be very hard to stop. Love the kid already!

He has awesome skills and also the ability to take off quickly after getting the ball and kick long inside 50 before the opposition gets back. Once he increases his fitness he will be very hard to stop. Love the kid already!

He's got most of the team covered already 3rd best runner on the list.

But match fitness is different of course so, yeah, bring it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked his game on the weekend actually, so much so I even managed to squeeze him in for votes.

He obviously showed some extremely promising signs with skills, leap and marking ability but the most impressive thing along with that stuff, for mine, was his work ethic and team oriented actions. He was pressuring, bumping and his aerial contests were quite effective, never being out-marked and at least bringing the ball to ground.

Gonna be an absolute unit.

He's a boom or bust type I reckon. He's got a combo of size and flair and athleticism which really nobody else in the draft did and nobody else on our roster does. Fingers crossed he develops into a star. Some tantalizing little signs and hints there, definitely.

Early signs are good - he is very raw but moves exceptionally well for a player of his size & his work rate is first class.

He has drifted in and out of both games thus far - which is to be expected - but he does not look out of place at senior level. He will continue to improve as he gains more exposure to senior football.

He is a first year player so his work load will be closely monitored, but I suspect we'll be seeing plenty of him in the senior side this year.

Pretty confident that this one will turn out alright, looked calm and composed kicking his first goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back