Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

So, none of us saw it, there are conflicting reports as to what exactly occured, and yet it could be the end of his entire career with North? Ok................

I'd rather wait for more details from people who both saw it and who have some knowledge of what's been said about it behind the scenes before passing any judgement, let alone coming to any conclusions as huge as "that's it for him if true".

So, none of us saw it, there are conflicting reports as to what exactly occured, and yet it could be the end of his entire career with North? Ok................

I'd rather wait for more details from people who both saw it and who have some knowledge of what's been said about it behind the scenes before passing any judgement, let alone coming to any conclusions as huge as "that's it for him if true".

So Pratt talked some smack maybe? Majak striking back not normally a big deal but ffs it's his first game off a suspension. He's not done or anything but he hasn't been sending the right signals of his intention

So Pratt talked some smack maybe? Majak striking back not normally a big deal but ffs it's his first game off a suspension.

Majak "striking back" would be out of the ordinary but, at this stage, we know SFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For everyone that doesn't have a digital pass

MAJAK Daw's football career was plunged back into controversy last night after two ugly clashes with former North Melbourne teammate Daniel Pratt.

The pair's personal differences became public earlier this year when it was revealed Daw had forged a relationship with Pratt's former girlfriend, Emily McKay.

The feud spilled on to the field last night when the two were involved in a bloody off-the-ball incident only minutes into the game.

The VFL is almost certain to investigate how Pratt received a cut under his eye.

Pratt, who retired from the AFL last year, was reportedly unhappy and groggy as he left the field under the blood rule.

Tempers flared again in the final quarter when Daw, making his comeback for Werribee, was reported for charging Pratt, Box Hill's co-captain, at Chirnside Park.

Pratt received a free kick and a 50m penalty and booted a goal. Seconds later the two exchanged words.

The incidents could put Daw back in hot water with the Kangaroos.

North Melbourne declined to comment last night.

"Pratt left the field under the blood rule with a scratch under his eye," Box Hill assistant coach Marco Bello said.

"The injury wasn't that serious. There was a lot of heat in the opening minutes of the game."

Pratt's Box Hill won the game by 40 points.

Daw is the AFL's first Sudanese-born player.

But the 21-year-old's AFL career was at the crossroads in February when he received a month-long club suspension for missing a rehabilitation session and lying to coach Brad Scott about it.

Daw was forced to train at Werribee during his club suspension but was welcomed back to North Melbourne by teammates late last month.

Take the reporter's sensationalistic linking of earlier events with yesterday's on field events, limit it to the following facts..........

Pratt received a cut under his eye.

"Pratt left the field under the blood rule with a scratch under his eye," Box Hill assistant coach Marco Bello said.

"The injury wasn't that serious. There was a lot of heat in the opening minutes of the game."

Daw, making his comeback for Werribee, was reported for charging Pratt, Box Hill's co-captain, at Chirnside Park.

........and we are still none the wiser. s**t happens on footy fields. Barring an eyewitness report that Maj king hit Pratty I doubt anything will come of the earlier incident. The other one will be up to the umpires' report and the tribunal.

Thanks for posting the full content of the article too AP. :thumbsu:

Given you have 3 of the better big men in the game in McIntosh, Goldstein and Petrie, surely you will be looking to trade this bloke come the end of the year?

Given you have 3 of the better big men in the game in McIntosh, Goldstein and Petrie, surely you will be looking to trade this bloke come the end of the year?

Not necessarily. He's a project player with little experience, who's shown flashes of brilliance. He also has a long way to go. Hopefully he continues to build his endurance and game sense and we have ourselves a hidden gem going into season 2013.

He'd be as likely to be traded as McIntosh, and Hamish would have a heap more currency if we headed down that path.

This from a poster on the Hawks board....

Weird how the media has zoomed in on Pratt & Daw out of the entire night.

Pratt is effectively annoying, Daw reacted and snotted him. Hope North doesn't make too much out of it, Daw is coming along as a footballer, although he can sometimes try too hard to do something spectacular.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23789955&postcount=39

Hopefully Carbs can shed some more light on this.

To be perfectly honest, and I might seem harsh saying it, but I couldn't really give a **** about it. If it were a senior listed player then I'd be pissed off much more, but I'm over it, the novelty factor has worn off. Whatever... more important things to worry about in life than a pissy incident in a vfl match between 2 former teammates.
It could be worse, we could be Melbourne.

well channel 7 wont play our games on 7mate live but apparently this will be leading there news broadcast tonight.

we all know how much of an angry management player pratt was, and with daw being young , hes been easily sucked in.especially if Daw is still dating the chick cos she was too good for Pratt. :)

At Majaks age, Carey was captain of NMFC. That's all I'm gonna says. They're like cork and cheese these two. And the sooner Majak is elevated off the rookie list the better. What are we waiting for? Free Agency? I can see it now, Majak is scooped up next year by Collingwood and as compensation, we get a lousy 2nd round draft-pick. Majak then plays 200 games for the Pies as they break the 100k membership barrier next season as Majak becomes the face of their membership campaign targeting the Sudanese community throughout Melbourne's CBD! And it will then be very interesting to see which team is forced to wear white shorts at their home game when we play Coll. I'm still scratching after us having to wear white shorts against Ess in our home game!!! And I'd like to know why Essendons club song was only played ONCE after they beat us last week!!!
And I know it's Easter Sunday but FFS, if any turkey at the footy today asks me if Aaron and Kyle Sandilands are related, I'm gonna blow a heat gasket.

Majak looks like a man of abilities, lets see what he is made of. This is a time to show our understanding of multiculturalism. Different ethinicity deals with puishment differently. The longer we put him on the probabtion the more isolated he will feel and more isolated he feels, more probability of him doing something stupid. Chuck him into the middle and get him occupied and get him focused.

I highly agree with artichoke, very thoughtful and foresighted. We need to be proactive on this issue, Majak is different to say Bastinac or Ziebell therefore how players deal with puishment is different. To other players, they may feel they have done the wrong thing where to majak it mighte be a non issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back