Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

We will never win another premiership if we worry about our fan base, that has been our game plan for years and suprise, suprise we have the longest GF drought, well along with Carton....

In my opinion if we don't worry about our fan base we will never be in a position to even contemplate making the 8, let alone contend for a flag. We lost 5000 members this year. Membership revenue is crucial to our long term future/survival. We can't afford to win just a handful of games next year irrespective of how much we may all want to get high draft picks. Another year of dwindling member numbers because we are not showing a reason to hope and believe on field, could be very detrimental to our future.

In my opinion if we don't worry about our fan base we will never be in a position to even contemplate making the 8, let alone contend for a flag. We lost 5000 members this year. Membership revenue is crucial to our long term future/survival. We can't afford to win just a handful of games next year irrespective of how much we may all want to get high draft picks. Another year of dwindling member numbers because we are not showing a reason to hope and believe on field, could be very detrimental to our future.

Respectively disagree Horace. If we continued down the path of middling finishes the media will continue to tell the footy world we have no stars and no hope. Same result just takes longer to happen.

I'm not suggesting years of bottoming out or tanking, just play the youngsters and see how they go. Having Waite to lead the way? Hasn't he been there for 26 losses from our last 36 odd games? It would to me seem counterproductive and an easy out for our Club.

What will get fans excited and more likely to join as members is..... Simpkin, Ahern, pick 4, pick 1-4 in 2018 , Tarryn Thomas and most likely Scott.

Finish ninth and we'll end up with TT as our first pick and utterly negate the use of an Academy, last thing we need is Waite dragging our sorry arses over the line in a couple of games. Bloody great footballer is Waite though!

Respectively disagree Horace. If we continued down the path of middling finishes the media will continue to tell the footy world we have no stars and no hope. Same result just takes longer to happen.

I'm not suggesting years of bottoming out or tanking, just play the youngsters and see how they go. Having Waite to lead the way? Hasn't he been there for 26 losses from our last 36 odd games? It would to me seem counterproductive and an easy out for our Club.

What will get fans excited and more likely to join as members is..... Simpkin, Ahern, pick 4, pick 1-4 in 2018 , Tarryn Thomas and most likely Scott.

Finish ninth and we'll end up with TT as our first pick and utterly negate the use of an Academy, last thing we need is Waite dragging our sorry arses over the line in a couple of games. Bloody great footballer is Waite though!

I think your figures may be out there. We have won much more often when he has been in than when he has been missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 games in 2016, 10 games in 2017. What can we expect in 2018? 6 games?

I don't see the point to be honest. If we had got Martin and Kelly I would keep him and nurse him through to finals.

The most concerning part of all this is that the club seemingly hasn't decided. It's an easy decision that should have been made the moment Kelly re-signed at GWS.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

14 games in 2016, 10 games in 2017. What can we expect in 2018? 6 games?

I don't see the point to be honest. If we had got Martin and Kelly I would keep him and nurse him through to finals.

The most concerning part of all this is that the club seemingly hasn't decided. It's an easy decision that should have been made the moment Kelly re-signed at GWS.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Agree with this for the most part.

If Wood can't see out a full season, give the games to Durdin/Larkey/Daw.

I'd like to see us operate a small forward line.

4 lettered word, S A C K. He is 34, not getting any younger, gives off the wrong ideas to the other players. We in fact need to move on quite a few. Those midtier players who are nearing 30 all need to be moved on. That include swallow, gibson, these are list cloggers, we got younger players who are more suited.

4 lettered word, S A C K. He is 34, not getting any younger, gives off the wrong ideas to the other players. We in fact need to move on quite a few. Those midtier players who are nearing 30 all need to be moved on. That include swallow, gibson, these are list cloggers, we got younger players who are more suited.
We need to move you on too. Didnt you say you lost this account 'Radical Roo' ?

Speaking of list cloggers..

I didn’t want W80 to begin with. I grew to love him, though. He was the difference. His injuries in 2016 were a big reason we fell away. I’d hate to see him go. Sadly, it would be for the best, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he stays on for **** all then why not

He hardly plays due to injuries so maybe rest him during the year

The 'why not' is that he still takes a senior list spot and forces us to look elsewhere to meet our minimum 3 delistings amongst other reasons.

The 'why not' is that he still takes a senior list spot and forces us to look elsewhere to meet our minimum 3 delistings amongst other reasons.

True. Pretty simple equation though. If we're only wanting to get rid of our minimum and there are 3 other players we rate as just as little chance of being here in 2 years then we keep him. His best is good enough, in fact more than good enough. We still should be aiming to have some sort of appeal to our football. Waite is an entertainer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back